GATE Syllabus 2022 Mining Engineering
GATE Syllabus 2022 Mining Engineering: IIT Kharagpur is the conducting authority for GATE Exam 2022. GATE Exam 2022 is for the candidates who are aspiring to get admission into M.E./M.Tech/Ph.D. at the IITs, NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs. GATE Score 2022 is also useful for getting a reputed job as an engineer in some Public Sector Undertakings. GATE 2022 Score would be valid for three years after the announcement of GATE Result 2022. The total number of papers has been increased to 29 Subjects by adding two new subject papers. These Two new papers are GE (Geomatics Engineering) and NM (Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering). GATE Exam 2022 will be conducted on 05th, 06th, 12th, and 13th February 2022. To get desired job or college through GATE Exam 2022 for Mining Engineer, the candidates must get marks more than GATE Cut Off 2022. GATE Exam 2022 dates are announced by IIT Kharagpur on the official website. To get good marks in GATE Exam 2022 for Mining Engineer, the candidates must know GATE Syllabus 2022 Mining Engineering in depth. If they plan and strategize well according to GATE Syllabus 2022 for Mining Engineer, then they can grasp and revise the concepts very well to ace GATE Exam 2022 for Mining Engineer. In this article, we have covered everything regarding GATE Syllabus 2022 Mining Engineer. The candidates must read the full article to know about GATE Syllabus 2022 for Mining Engineer and shall bookmark this website for further updates about GATE Exam 2022 for Mining Engineer.
GATE Syllabus 2022 Mining Engineering – Overview
|GATE Syllabus 2022 Mining Engineering|
|Name of Conducting Authority||IIT Kharagpur|
|Name of Exam||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Mode of GATE Exam 2022||Online|
|Total Number of Papers||29|
|GATE Exam 2022 Admit Card release date||03rd January 2022|
|GATE Exam 2022 date||05th February 2022
06th February 2022
12th February 2022
13th February 2022
|GATE 2022 Official Answer Key Release Date||10 days after the exam|
|GATE Result 2022||17th March 2022|
GATE Exam 2022
GATE Exam 2022: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is one of the most reputed examinations in India. It opens so many opportunities for candidates to grow their careers. GATE Exam 2022 is a computer-based standardized test conducted at the national level in India with an aim to examine the understanding of students in subjects like Engineering and Science.
GATE Exam Pattern 2022 Mining Engineering
GATE Exam Pattern 2022 Mining Engineering: The GATE 2022 Exam for Mining Engineer will ask questions to check your Application, Analysis, Comprehension, Recall, and Synthesis abilities. All the questions will be Either MCQ or NAT (Numerical Answer Type). According to the new GATE 2022 Exam Pattern for Mining Engineer, Some MSQ questions will also be there in the paper where more than one answer can be correct out of four given choices.
The candidates must check GATE Exam Pattern 2022 for Mining Engineer through the table given below to get a clear idea about GATE Exam 2022 for Mining Engineer so that they can ace GATE Exam 2022 for Mining Engineer.
|GATE Exam Pattern 2022 Mining Engineering|
|GATE Exam 2022 Mode||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|GATE Exam 2022 Duration||3 Hours|
|GATE Exam 2022 No. of Subjects||29 Subjects|
|GATE Exam 2022 Total Marks||100 Marks|
|GATE Exam 2022 Number of Questions||10 (GA) + 55 (subject) = 65 Questions|
|GATE Exam 2022 Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions, Multiple Select Questions, and Numerical Answer Type Questions|
GATE Syllabus 2022 Mining Engineering PDF
GATE Syllabus 2022 Mining Engineering PDF: The candidates can download GATE Syllabus 2022 Mining Engineering PDF through the direct link given below for the ease of candidates. The candidates must know GATE Syllabus 2022 Mining Engineering to ace GATE 2022 and get admission in a reputed college or job in a reputed organization for Mining engineers. Knowing GATE Syllabus 2022 will help the candidates aspiring for GATE 2022 to get good marks and success as they can plan and strategize beforehand according to GATE Syllabus 2022 Mining Engineering.
GATE Syllabus 2022 Mining Engineering
Section 1: Engineering Mathematics:
- Matrices and Determinants;
- Inverse and Rank of matrix;
- Systems of linear equations;
- Eigen values and Eigen vectors.
- Cayley-Hamilton Theorem.
- continuity and differentiability;
- Partial Derivatives;
- Mean value theorems;
- Indeterminate forms and L’ Hospital’s rule;
- Maxima and minima;
- Taylor’s theorem;
- Sequences and series;
- Test for convergence;
- Fourier series.
- Divergence and Curl;
- surface and volume integrals;
- Gauss and Green’s theorems.
- Linear and non-linear first order ODEs;
- Higher order linear ODEs with constant coefficients;
- Cauchy’s and Euler’s equations.
Probability and Statistics:
- Measures of central tendency and dispersion;
- hypothesis testing;
- exponential and normal distributions;
- Correlation and regression analysis.
- Solutions of linear algebraic equations;
- Integration of trapezoidal and Simpson’s rule;
- Single and multi-step methods for differential equations.
Section 2: Mining Geology, Mine Development and Surveying:
- Rocks and their Origin,
- Ore Genesis;
- Structural Geology.
- Methods of access to deposits;
- Underground drivages;
- Drilling method and machines;
- Explosives and energetics,
- blasting devices,
- blast design practices;
- Rock-Tool Interaction applicable to mechanical cutting systems and their selection.
- Levels and levelling,
- Errors and adjustments;
- Underground surveying;
- Total Station,
- Basics of GIS and remote sensing.
Section 3: Geomechanics and Ground Control:
- Equivalent force systems;
- Equations of equilibrium;
- Two dimensional frames and trusses;
- Free body diagrams;
- Friction forces;
- Particle kinematics and dynamics;
- Beam analysis.
- Geo-technical properties of rocks;
- Rock mass classification;
- Instrumentation and insitu stress measurement techniques;
- Theories of rock failure;
- Ground vibrations;
- Stress distribution around mine openings;
- Slope stability.
- Design of pillars;
- Roof supporting systems;
- Mine filling.
- Strata Control and monitoring plan.
Section 4: Mining Methods and Machinery:
- Surface mining: layout,
- loading, transportation and mechanization,
- continuous surface mining systems;
- highwall mining;
- Underground coal mining: bord and pillar systems,
- room and pillar mining,
- longwall mining,
- thick seam mining methods,
- Underground metal mining: open, supported and caved stoping methods,
- stope mechanization,
- ore handling systems.
- Generation and transmission of mechanical,
- hydraulic and pneumatic power;
- wire ropes, haulages,
- conveyors, face and development machinery,
- hoisting systems, pumps;
- comminution methods and machinery.
Section 5: Surface Environment, Mine Ventilation and Underground Hazards:
- Air, water and soil pollution: Standards of quality,
- causes and dispersion of contamination and control;
- Noise pollution and control;
- Land reclamation;
- Underground atmosphere;
- Heat load sources and thermal environment,.
- air cooling;
- Mechanics of airflow,
- natural and mechanical ventilation;
- Mine fans and usage;
- Auxiliary ventilation;
- Ventilation survey and planning;
- Ventilation networks.
- Mine Gases,
- Methane drainage;
- Underground hazards from fires,
- explosions, dust and inundation;
- Rescue apparatus and practices;
- Safety management plan;
- Accident data analysis;
- Mine lighting;
- Mine legislation;
- Occupational health and safety.
Section 6: Mineral Economics, Mine Planning, Systems Engineering:
- Mineral resource classification;
- Discounted cash flow analysis;
- Mine valuation;
- Mineral taxation.
- Mine Planning: Sampling methods,
- practices and interpretation;
- Reserve estimation techniques:
- Basics of geostatistics and quality control;
- Optimization of facility location;
- Mine planning and its components,
- Determination of mine size and mine life;
- Ultimate pit configuration and its determination,
- Optimum mill cut-off grade and its determination,
- Stope planning,
- Design of haul road,
- Selection of mining system vis-à-vis equipment system.
- Systems Engineering: Concepts of reliability;
- Reliability of simple systems;
- Maintainability and availability;
- Linear programming,
- transportation and assignment problems;
- Network analysis;
- Inventory models;
- Queuing theory;
- Decision trees.
GATE Syllabus 2022 Mining Engineering FAQs
Q1. Where can I check GATE Syllabus 2022 Mining Engineering?
Ans. You can check GATE Syllabus 2022 Mining Engineering in this article.
Q2. How can I download GATE Syllabus 2022 Mining Engineering PDF?
Ans. You can download GATE Syllabus 2022 Mining Engineering PDF through the direct link available in the article.
Now keep yourself updated with Latest Engineering Government Jobs 24×7 Download ADDA247 App Now! CLICK HERE