GATE Syllabus 2022 Computer Science and Information Technology
GATE Syllabus 2022 Computer Science and Information Technology: IIT Kharagpur is the conducting authority for GATE Exam 2022. GATE Exam 2022 is for the candidates who are aspiring to get admission into M.E./M.Tech/Ph.D. at the IITs, NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs. GATE Score 2022 is also useful for getting a reputed job as an engineer in some Public Sector Undertakings. GATE 2022 Score would be valid for three years after the announcement of GATE Result 2022. GATE Exam 2022 is to be conducted on 05th, 06th, 12th, and 13th February 2022. GATE Exam 2022 dates are announced by IIT Kharagpur on the official website. To get good marks in GATE Exam 2022 for Computer Science and Information Technology, the candidates must know GATE Syllabus 2022 Computer Science and Information Technology in depth. In this article, we have covered everything regarding GATE Syllabus 2022 for Computer Science and Information Technology. The candidates must read the full article to know about GATE Syllabus 2022 for Computer Science and Information Technology and shall bookmark this website for further updates about GATE Exam 2022 for Computer Science and Information Technology.
GATE Syllabus 2022 Computer Science and Information Technology – Overview
|GATE Syllabus 2022 Computer Science and Information Technology|
|Name of Conducting Authority||IIT Kharagpur|
|Name of Exam||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Total Number of Papers||29|
|GATE Exam 2022 Admit Card release date||03rd January 2022|
|GATE Exam 2022 date||05th February 2022
06th February 2022
12th February 2022
13th February 2022
|GATE 2022 Official Answer Key Release Date||10 days after the exam|
|GATE Result 2022||17th March 2022|
GATE Exam Pattern 2022 Computer Science and Information Technology
GATE Exam Pattern 2022 Computer Science and Information Technology: The GATE 2022 Exam for Computer Science and Information Technology will ask questions to check your Application, Analysis, Comprehension, Recall, and Synthesis abilities. All the questions will be Either MCQ or NAT (Numerical Answer Type). According to the new GATE 2022 Exam Pattern for Electronics And Communication Engineer, Some MSQ questions will also be there in the paper where more than one answer can be correct out of four given choices.
The candidates must check GATE Exam Pattern 2022 for Computer Science and Information Technology through the table given below to get a clear idea about GATE Exam 2022 for Computer Science and Information Technology so that they can ace GATE Exam 2022 for Computer Science and Information Technology
|GATE Exam Pattern 2022 Computer Science and Information Technology|
|GATE Exam 2022 Mode||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|GATE Exam 2022 Duration||3 Hours|
|GATE Exam 2022 Number of Questions||10 (GA) + 55 (subject) = 65 Questions|
|GATE Exam 2022 Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions, Multiple Select Questions, and Numerical Answer Type Questions|
GATE Syllabus 2022 Computer Science and Information Technology PDF
The candidates can download GATE Syllabus 2022 Computer Science and Information Technology PDF through the direct link given below for the ease of candidates. The candidates must know GATE Syllabus 2022 Computer Science and Information Technology to ace GATE 2022 and get admission in a reputed college or job in a reputed organization for Computer Science and Information Technology. Knowing GATE Syllabus 2022 will help the candidates aspiring for GATE 2022 to get good marks and success as they can plan and strategise beforehand according to GATE Syllabus 2022 for Computer Science and Information Technology.
GATE Syllabus 2022 – Computer Science and Information Technology
Section 1: Engineering Mathematics
- Propositional and first order logic.
- Sets, relations,
- partial orders and lattices.
- Monoids, Groups.
- Graphs: connectivity,
- recurrence relations,
- generating functions.
- system of linear equations,
- eigenvalues and eigenvectors,
- LU decomposition.
- continuity and differentiability.
- Maxima and minima.
- Mean value theorem.
Probability and Statistics:
- Random variables.
- poisson and binomial distributions.
- Mean, median, mode and standard deviation.
- Conditional probability and Bayes theorem.
- Computer Science and Information Technology
Section 2: Digital Logic
- Boolean algebra.
- Combinational and sequential circuits.
- Number representations and
- computer arithmetic (fixed and floating point).
Section 3: Computer Organization and Architecture
- Machine instructions and addressing modes.
- data-path and control unit.
- Instruction pipelining,
- pipeline hazards.
- Memory hierarchy: cache, main memory and secondary storage;
- I/O interface (interrupt and DMA mode).
Section 4: Programming and Data Structures
- Programming in C.
- linked lists,
- binary search trees,
- binary heaps
Section 5: Algorithms
- Asymptotic worst case time and space complexity.
- Algorithm design techniques: greedy,
- dynamic programming and divide-and-conquer.
- Graph traversals,
- minimum spanning trees,
- shortest paths
Section 6: Theory of Computation
- Regular expressions and
- finite automata.
- Context-free grammars and
- push-down automata.
- Regular and contex-free languages,
- pumping lemma.
- Turing machines and undecidability.
Section 7: Compiler Design
- Lexical analysis,
- syntax-directed translation.
- Runtime environments.
- Intermediate code generation.
- Local optimisation,
- Data flow analyses: constant propagation,
- liveness analysis,
- common subexpression elimination.
Section 8: Operating System
- System calls,
- inter-process communication,
- concurrency and
- CPU and I/O scheduling.
- Memory management and
- virtual memory.
- File systems.
Section 9: Databases
- Relational model: relational algebra,
- tuple calculus,
- Integrity constraints,
- normal forms.
- File organization,
- indexing (e.g., B and B+ trees).
- Transactions and
- concurrency control.
Section 10: Computer Networks
- Concept of layering: OSI and TCP/IP Protocol Stacks;
- Basics of packet,
- circuit and virtual circuitswitching;
- Data link layer: framing,
- error detection,
- Medium Access Control,
- Ethernet bridging;
- Routing protocols: shortest path,
- distance vector and
- link state routing;
- Fragmentation and
- IP addressing,
- CIDR notation,
- Basics of IP support protocols (ARP, DHCP, ICMP),
- Network Address Translation (NAT);
- Transport layer: flow control and congestion control,
- UDP, TCP, sockets;
- Application layer protocols: DNS, SMTP, HTTP, FTP, Email.
GATE Syllabus 2022 – Computer Science and Information Technology FAQs
Q1. Where can I check GATE Syllabus 2022 Computer Science and Information Technology?
Ans. You can check GATE Syllabus 2022 Computer Science and Information Technology in this article.
Q2. How can I download GATE Syllabus 2022 Computer Science and Information Technology PDF?
Ans. You can download GATE Syllabus 2022 Computer Science and Information Technology PDF through the direct link available in the article.
Now keep yourself updated with Latest Engineering Government Jobs 24×7 Download ADDA247 App Now! CLICK HERE