GATE Syllabus 2022 Biomedical Engineering
GATE Syllabus 2022 Biomedical Engineering: IIT Kharagpur is the conducting authority for GATE Exam 2022. GATE Exam 2022 is for the candidates who are aspiring to get admission into M.E./M.Tech/Ph.D. at the IITs, NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs. GATE Score 2022 is also useful for getting a reputed job as an engineer in some Public Sector Undertakings. GATE 2022 Score would be valid for three years after the announcement of GATE Result 2022. The total number of papers has been increased to 29 Subjects by adding two new subject papers. These Two new papers are GE (Geomatics Engineering) and NM (Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering). GATE Exam 2022 will be conducted on 05th, 06th, 12th, and 13th February 2022. To get desired job or college through GATE Exam 2022 for Biomedical Engineer, the candidates must get marks more than GATE Cut Off 2022. GATE Exam 2022 dates are announced by IIT Kharagpur on the official website. To get good marks in GATE Exam 2022 for Biomedical Engineer, the candidates must know GATE Syllabus 2022 Biomedical Engineering in depth. If they plan and strategize well according to GATE Syllabus 2022 for Biomedical Engineer, then they can grasp and revise the concepts very well to ace GATE Exam 2022 for Biomedical Engineer. In this article, we have covered everything regarding GATE Syllabus 2022 for Biomedical Engineer. The candidates must read the full article to know about GATE Syllabus 2022 for Biomedical Engineer and shall bookmark this website for further updates about GATE Exam 2022 for Biomedical Engineer.
GATE Syllabus 2022 Biomedical Engineering – Overview
|GATE Syllabus 2022 Biomedical Engineering|
|Name of Conducting Authority||IIT Kharagpur|
|Name of Exam||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Mode of GATE Exam 2022||Online|
|Total Number of Papers||29|
|GATE Exam 2022 Admit Card release date||03rd January 2022|
|GATE Exam 2022 date||05th February 2022
06th February 2022
12th February 2022
13th February 2022
|GATE 2022 Official Answer Key Release Date||10 days after the exam|
|GATE Result 2022||17th March 2022|
GATE Exam 2022
GATE Exam 2022: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is one of the most reputed examinations in India. It opens so many opportunities for candidates to grow their careers. GATE Exam 2022 is a computer-based standardized test conducted at the national level in India with an aim to examine the understanding of students in subjects like Engineering and Science.
GATE Exam Pattern 2022 Biomedical Engineering
GATE Exam Pattern 2022 Biomedical Engineering: The GATE 2022 Exam for Biomedical Engineer will ask questions to check your Application, Analysis, Comprehension, Recall, and Synthesis abilities. All the questions will be Either MCQ or NAT (Numerical Answer Type). According to the new GATE 2022 Exam Pattern for Biomedical Engineer, Some MSQ questions will also be there in the paper where more than one answer can be correct out of four given choices.
The candidates must check GATE Exam Pattern 2022 for Biomedical Engineer through the table given below to get a clear idea about GATE Exam 2022 for Biomedical Engineer so that they can ace GATE Exam 2022 for Biomedical Engineer.
|GATE Exam Pattern 2022 Biomedical Engineering|
|GATE Exam 2022 Mode||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|GATE Exam 2022 Duration||3 Hours|
|GATE Exam 2022 No. of Subjects||29 Subjects|
|GATE Exam 2022 Total Marks||100 Marks|
|GATE Exam 2022 Number of Questions||10 (GA) + 55 (subject) = 65 Questions|
|GATE Exam 2022 Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions, Multiple Select Questions, and Numerical Answer Type Questions|
GATE Syllabus 2022 Biomedical Engineering PDF
GATE Syllabus 2022 Biomedical Engineering PDF: The candidates can download GATE Syllabus 2022 Biomedical Engineering PDF through the direct link given below for the ease of candidates. The candidates must know GATE Syllabus 2022 Biomedical Engineering to ace GATE 2022 and get admission in a reputed college or job in a reputed organization for Biomedical engineers. Knowing GATE Syllabus 2022 will help the candidates aspiring for GATE 2022 to get good marks and success as they can plan and strategize beforehand according to GATE Syllabus 2022 Biomedical Engineering.
GATE Syllabus 2022 Biomedical Engineering
- Linear Algebra: Matrix algebra,
- systems of linear equations,
- Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors.
- Calculus: Mean value theorems,
- theorems of integral calculus,
- partial derivatives,
- maxima and minima,
- multiple integrals,
- Fourier series,
- vector identities,
- line, surface and
- volume integrals,
- Gauss and Green’s theorems.
- First order linear and nonlinear differential equations,
- higher order linear differential equations with constant coefficients,
- method of separation of variables,
- Cauchy’s and Euler’s equations,
- initial and boundary value problems,
- solution of partial differential equations.
Analysis of complex variables:
- Analytic functions,
- Cauchy’s integral theorem and
- integral formula,
- Taylor’s and Laurent’s series,
- residue theorem.
Probability and Statistics:
- Sampling theorems,
- conditional probability,
- mean, median, mode and
- standard deviation,
- random variables,
- discrete and continuous distributions: normal, Poisson and
- binomial distributions.
- Tests of Significance,
- statistical power analysis,
- and sample size estimation.
- Linear Regression and correlation analysis;
- Matrix inversion,
- numerical solutions of nonlinear algebraic equations,
- iterative methods for solving differential equations,
- numerical integration.
- Voltage and current sources – independent,
- dependent, ideal and practical;
- v-i relationships of resistor, inductor and capacitor;
- transient analysis of RLC circuits with dc excitation;
- Kirchoff’s laws,
- maximum power transfer and reciprocity theorems;
- Peak, average
- and rms values of ac quantities;
- apparent, active and reactive powers;
- phasor analysis,
- impedance and admittance;
- series and parallel resonance,
- realization of basic filters with R, L and C elements,
- Bode plot.
Signals and Systems:
- Continuous and Discrete Signal and Systems – Periodic,
- aperiodic and impulse signals;
- Sampling theorem;
- Laplace and Fourier transforms;
- impulse response of systems;
- transfer function,
- frequency response of first and second order linear time invariant systems,
- Discrete time systems – impulse response,
- frequency response,
- Z – transform;
- basics of IIR and FIR filters.
Analog and Digital Electronics:
- Basic characteristics and applications of diode,
- BJT and MOSFET;
- Characteristics and applications of operational amplifiers –
- difference amplifier,
- adder, subtractor,
- integrator, differentiator,
- instrumentation amplifier,
- buffer, filters and
- waveform generators.
- Number systems,
- Boolean algebra;
- combinational logic circuits –
- arithmetic circuits,
- Schmitt trigger,
- Sequential circuits –
- latches and flip flops, state
- diagrams, shift registers and counters;
- Principles of ADC and DAC;
- Microprocessor- architecture,
- interfacing memory and input- output devices.
Measurements and Control Systems:
- SI units,
- systematic and random errors in measurement,
- expression of uncertainty -accuracy and
- precision index,
- propagation of errors;
- MI and
- dynamometer type instruments;
- dc potentiometer;
- bridges for measurement of R, L and C,
- Basics of control system –
- transfer function.
Sensors and Bioinstrumentation:
- Sensors – resistive, capacitive,
- inductive, piezoelectric,
- Hall effect,
- electro chemical, optical;
- Sensor signal conditioning circuits;
- application of LASER in sensing and therapy.
- Origin of biopotentials and their measurement techniques –
- ECG, EEG, EMG, ERG, EOG, GSR, PCG,
- Principles of measuring
- blood pressure,
- body temperature,
- volume and flow in arteries,
- veins and tissues,
- respiratory measurements and cardiac output measurement.
- Operating principle of medical equipment –
- cardiac pacemaker,
- pulse oximeter,
- Electrical Isolation (optical and electrical) and
- Safety of Biomedical Instruments.
Human Anatomy and Physiology:
- Basics of cell,
- types of tissues and organ systems;
- Basics of organ systems –
- gastro-intestinal and reproductive.
Medical Imaging Systems:
- Basic physics,
- Instrumentation and image formation techniques in medical imaging
- modalities such as X-Ray,
- Computed Tomography,
- Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography,
- Positron Emission Tomography,
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Ultrasound.
- Kinematics of muscles and joints –
- free-body diagrams and equilibrium,
- forces and stresses in joints,
- biomechanical analysis of joints,
- Gait analysis;
- Hard Tissues – Definition of Stress and Strain,
- Deformation Mechanics,
- structure and mechanical properties of bone –
- cortical and cancellous bones;
- Soft Tissues – Structure,
- material properties,
- viscoelastic properties,
- Maxwell & Voight models;
- Biofluid mechanics – Flow properties of blood in the intact human cardiovascular
- Basic properties of biomaterials – Metallic,
- Ceramic, Polymeric and
- Composite; Fundamental characteristics of implants –
- biocompatibility, bioactivity,
- Basics of drug delivery;
- Basics of tissue engineering.
- Biomaterial characterization techniques – Rheology,
- Atomic Force
- Electron Microscopy,
- Transmission Electron Microscopy Fourier Transform Infrared
GATE Syllabus 2022 Biomedical Engineering FAQs
Q1. Where can I check GATE Syllabus 2022 Biomedical Engineering?
Ans. You can check GATE Syllabus 2022 Biomedical Engineering in this article.
Q2. How can I download GATE Syllabus 2022 Biomedical Engineering PDF?
Ans. You can download GATE Syllabus 2022 Biomedical Engineering PDF through the direct link available in the article.
Now keep yourself updated with Latest Engineering Government Jobs 24×7 Download ADDA247 App Now! CLICK HERE