APPSC AMVI Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2022
The candidates registered for APPSC AMVI recruitment 2022 must understand the APPSC AMVI Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2022 well before start preparing for the exam to understand the exam in brief. Exam patterns and syllabus help aspirants plan their preparation as per the requirement of the exam. This article contains all the necessary information regarding APPSC AMVI Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2022 in brief. You can get a brief details about APPSC AMVI Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2022 here.
APPSC AMVI Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2022
APPSC has recently published the official notification for 17 posts of Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector. The online application will commence on 2nd November and will last up to 22nd November. Interested and eligible candidates can apply through the official website i.e. @www.psc.ap.gov.in to avoid the last minute rush. Read the full article for all the information regarding the Exam pattern and syllabus for APPSC AMVI Recruitment 2022.
APPSC AMVI Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2022: Overview
The candidates who are interested in the online application of APPSC AMVI Recruitment 2022 on 17 posts should know the following basic information as tabulated here:
|Recruitment Authority||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC)|
|Post Name||Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector (AMVI)|
|Article||APPSC AMVI Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2022|
|Apply Online Start Date||02nd November 2022|
|Last Date to Apply Online||22nd November 2022|
|Selection Process||Written Test | Skill Test | DV|
APPSC AMVI Exam Pattern 2022
The candidates who have filled out the online application for Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector should know the exam pattern of the paper well. The APPSC AMVI Exam Pattern 2022 is discussed below.
For the selection, a written test will be conducted consisting of two papers with a total of 300 marks each question paper will consist of 150 questions of one mark each. One mark will be given for the correct answer while for the wrong answer 1/3rd of the prescribed marks will be deduced.
The APPSC AMVI 2022 selection scheme is given below:
|Papers||Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|PAPER-1||General Studies and Mental Ability (Degree Standard)||150||150||150 Minutes|
|PAPER-2||Subject: Automobile Engineering. (Diploma Standard)||150||150||150 Minutes|
APPSC AMVI Recruitment 2022 Syllabus 2022
All the candidates who have applied for the APPSC AMVI 2022 should check the syllabus of the exam. The APPSC AMVI Syllabus 2022 is given here in detail.
Paper 1: General Studies and Mental Ability (Degree Standard)
- Events of national and international importance.
- Current Affairs- International, National, and Regional.
- Contemporary developments in general science and its applications in everyday life science & technology and information technology
- The socio-economic and political history of modern India gives importance to Andhra Pradesh.
- Indian politics and governance: constitutional issues, public policy, reforms and e-governance programs with specific reference to Andhra Pradesh.
- Economic development in India since independence has been a priority for Andhra Pradesh.
- Physical geography of the Indian subcontinent and Andhra Pradesh.
- Disaster management: vulnerability profile, prevention and mitigation strategies, remote sensing in disaster assessment and application of GIS.
- Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
- Logical reasoning, analytical ability, and data interpretation.
- Data analysis:
- Table of data
- Visual representation of data
- Basic data analysis (summary statistics such as mean, median, mode, variance, and coefficient of variance) and description
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its administrative, economic, social, cultural, political, and legal implications/issues.
Paper 2: Subject: Automobile Engineering. (Diploma Standard)
- Basic thermodynamics – Systems-Closed/Open systems, Property, cycle, Thermodynamic equilibrium – Zeroth law, First law, Second Law of thermodynamics – Pure substance – Mollier Diagram -Vapor Power cycles – Rankin cycle
- Air standard cycles-Otto, Diesel, Dual combustion cycle, derivation of expressions for mean effective pressure-diagram factor, efficiency, and Sterling engine
- Gears-nomenclature-simple, compound, epicyclic trains-calculations of torques
- Shafts- solid, hollow shafts; shear stress and angular deflection due to torque applied; bending moments — combined moment and torque
- Friction-inclined plane; screw and nut; screw jock; self-locking.
- Fuels – fire and flash point – calorific value – calorimeters- octane, certain numbers and their importance — stoichiometric ratio.
- Single cylinder, multi-cylinder engine – pre whirl chambers – combustion/ignition delay – knocking, detonation.
- Firing order; piston and piston rings; temperature profile of piston.
- Fuel system – Carburetion, carburetors, Gasoline/petrol injection systems – diesel fuel injection systems, types-common rail injection system, Fuel tank.
- Balancing of single-cylinder engines.
- Lubrication and cooling systems in the automobile.
- Transmission – gearbox – clash type, synchromesh, automatic transmission systems.
- Propeller-shaft — universal coupling — differential – half shafts – floating,
- Clutches – single, multi-plate – bearing pressure-pressure plate – axial load – fluid clutch.
- Brakes and brake mechanisms-mechanical, hydraulic, and air brakes,
- Steering – condition for correct steering — Ackermann steering.
- Electrical system – Delco system, circuit wiring, working of electrical equipment.
- Exhaust gas analysis —Pollutants –Sources – Formation – Effects Of Pollution On Environment – Human – Transient Operational Effects On Pollution – Regulated – Unregulated Emissions – Emission Standards. Emissions in IC Engines: Chemistry Of SI Engine Combustion – HC and CO Formation In SI Engines – NO Formation In SI Engines – Smoke Emissions From SI Engines – Effect Of Operating Variables On Emission Formation. Emissions in IC Engines: Basics Of Diesel Combustion – Smoke Emission And Its Types In Diesel Engines – NOx Emission And Its Types From Diesel Engines – Particulate Emission In Diesel Engines. Odor, Sulfur And Aldehyde Emissions From Diesel Engines – Effect Of Operating Variables On Emission Formation.
- Air conditioning of automobiles
- Automobile wheel alignment — camber. castor — King pin inclination — toe-in, toe-out.
- Maintenance of tires – traffic Rules.
- Materials- structure of the metals -imperfections-ferrous and non-ferrous materials-heat treatment of steels.
- Instrumentation- transducers- Motion, level, force, and temperature transducers- Closed loop control and open-loop control systems.
APPSC AMVI Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022: FAQs
Q.1 What is the selection procedure for APPSC AMVI Exam 2022?
Ans. The selection is based on a written test and documents verification.
Q.2 Is there any negative marking in APPSC AMVI Exam 2022?
Ans. Yes, the negative marking of 1/3rd marks in the APPSC AMVI Exam 2022. For every incorrect answers 1/3 marks will be deducted.
Q.3 Is it required to appear in both papers?
Ans. Yes, absent in any of the papers will lead to the cancellation of the application.
Q.4 How can I check the detailed APPSC AMVI Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2022?
Ans. Refer to the article for the detailed APPSC AMVI Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2022.
Q5. What is the total questions that are going to asked in the APPSC AMVI Exam 2022?
Ans. The total number of questions that is going to be asked in APPSC AMVI Exam is 300.