MBBS Full form
The full form of M.B.B.S is Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery in 2021. M.B.B.S Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery 2021 is an undergraduate degree. This is offered by the UGC. The total duration of the course is 5.5 years. It is a professional degree. M.B.B.S is the degree that is offered to students having completed their Bachelors. The specializations for the course can opt after the Bachelors.
MBBS Course details in 2022
Students who are interested in the field of medicine can pursue the M.B.B.S (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery)2021. The MBBS course holds a high amount of respect in society as it is considered to be a noble profession. the doctors are given the next position after God, in India, as they are the ones who can save a person’s life. This field also offers a huge amount of money. Governments do release heavy scholarships for the students studying the same.
MBBS- Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the course of M.B.B.S in India, one needs to fulfill the following
- The student must have completed their Class 12th from a recognized Board from Science Stream.
- It is compulsory to have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the main subjects.
- Students must have scored at least 50% to be eligible in the Board Exams.
- Few colleges accept students based on entrance exams.
Check the Entrance exam section for the same. Also Read: Medical Courses after 12th without NEET
MBBS- Top Colleges
The top 5 colleges for M.B.B.S in India are
- AIIMS Delhi
- PGIMER Chandigarh
- CMC Vellore
- NIMHANS Bangalore
- SGPGI Lucknow
You might like: B.Pharma
MBBS- Admission Procedure
The admission process varies from college to college. Few of the colleges provide direct admission based on Class 12th marks. Few other colleges depend upon National Entrance exams for the course, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S) in 2021. Students must keep a regular check on the official website of a college to know more about the procedures.
MBBS- Entrance Exams
The top 4 entrance exams for admission to M.B.B.S are
- National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER)
- Armed Forces Medical Examination
- CMC Vellore MBBS Examination.
Reference Books for MBBS Syllabus for the course
A few of the reference books suggested by previous year’s toppers have been given below.
- NCERT 11 and 12thConcepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
- Objective Physics By DC Pandey
- Physical Chemistry by OP Tandon
- ABC of Chemistry for Classes 11 and 12 by Modern
- Biology Vol 1 and Vol 2 by Trueman
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
The complete syllabus for the course of M.B.B.S has been given below subject-wise.
- Gross anatomy
- Embryology and Genetics
- Biological cell
- Metabolic pathways
- metabolic interrelationships
- Food assimilation and nutrition
- Molecular Biology
- Environmental biochemistry
- cancer and cancer makers
- General Physiology
- Respiratory System
- Cardiovascular System
- Gastrointestinal System
- Environmental Physiology
- Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
- Bacterial Staining and Cultivation
- Common Tests for Bacterial identification
- Laboratory Diagnosis of Viral Infection
- Common Laboratory Methods for Diagnosis of Fungal Infections
- Collection of Transport of Samples
- Host-Parasite relationship
- Bacterial and Viral Genetics
- Sterilization and disinfection
- Bacteriology of water and air
- Microorganisms associated with gastrointestinal infections
- Gastrointestinal infections caused by parasites
- General Pathology
- Systemic Pathology
- General Pharmacology
- Autonomic nervous system & Peripheral nervous system
- Central nervous system
- Cardiovascular system
- Gastrointestinal and respiratory system
- Preoperative evaluation & optimization
- Skills I/V
- Oropharyngeal/Nasopharyngeal Airway insertion
- Bag Mask Ventilation
- Attaching pulse oximeter
- BP cuff and ECG electrodes
- Behavioral Sciences
- Health Education
- Maternal & Child Health
- Epidemiology of Communicable Diseases And Non-communicable Diseases
- Important National Health Programmes
- Occupational Health
- Health Administration
- Health Economics
Dermatology and Venereology
- Ineffective dermatoses
- Infective dermatoses
- Melanin synthesis
- Allergic disorder
- Drug eruptions
- erythema multi-forme
- Vesiculo-bullous diseases
- Gonococcal and Non-gonococcal infections
- HIV infection
- Dermatological Emergencies
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Nutritional and metabolic disorders
- electrolyte and acid-base imbalance
- Critical care Medicine
- Pain management and palliative care
- Medical Psychiatry
- Specific environmental and occupational hazards
- Immune response and Infections
- Cardiovascular system
Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Basic Sciences
- Neonatology and Recent Advances
- Microbiology about eye,
- Pathology about the eye,
- Pharmacology about the eye,
- Disorders of the Lid,
- Disorders of the Lacrimal Apparatus,
- Conjunctivitis & Ophthalmia Neonatorum,
- Trachoma & Another chronic conjunctivitis,
- Keratitis and corneal ulcers,
- Corneal ulcer,
- Scleritis & Episcleritis
- Pediatric orthopedics,
- Orthopedic oncology,
- Management of Trauma,
- Sports Medicine,
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation,
- Orthopedic Neurology,
- Disorders of Spine,
- Oral cavity and oropharynx,
- Operative Procedures,
- Vital statistics,
- Growth and development,
- Infectious diseases,
- Respiratory system,
- Gastro Intestinal Tract,
- Central Nervous System,
- Cardiovascular system,
- Genito-Urinary system,
- Pediatrics Emergencies,
- Behavioral Problems,
- Pediatrics Surgical Problems,
- Behavioural Sciences,
- Emotion and its application to health,
- Cognitive process and memory,
- psychiatric disorders,
- personality disorders,
- Bipolar disorders,
- Anxiety neurosis,
- phobia and OCD
- Head and Neck region,
- Stomach and duodenum,
- Small intestine,
- Colon and rectum,
- Acute abdomen,
MBBS Fees and Salary
The fees for the M.B.B.S course in 2021 in Government Colleges range from Rs 20,000 to Rs 7.5 Lakh and in private colleges from Rs 20,000 Lakh to Rs 1 Crore.
The starting salary ranges from Rs 20,000 to Rs 35,000 per month and increases based upon experience and specialization.
Job Roles for MBBS
A few of the top job roles for an M.B.B.S Graduate have been given below.
- Medical Surgeon
- Medical Officer
- NLSIU Bangalore- Placements, Cut Off, Highest Package
- Parul University Vadodara- Fees, Courses, Ranking, Placement
- Doing Law And Company Secretary (CS) Both
- D.Pharma Course Fees, Syllabus, College, Eligibility
- LSAT India 2022-Registration, Exam Date, College, Syllabus, Result
- Christ University Entrance Test, Course Admissions, Fees
- NIFT 2023 Exam Date, Form, Syllabus PDF
- DU LLB Entrance Exam 2022- Date, Pattern, Syllabus
- Oberoi Hotels STEP Program Exam 2022- Fees And Placement
- Merchant Navy- Age Limit For Girls, Courses, Fees, Salary
MBBS 2022: Full Form, Course, Syllabus, Fees, Job, Salary- FAQ
1. Can I complete MBBS in 4 years?
No, there is no provision currently for completing MBBS in 4 years.
2. Is MBBS better than MD?
An MD is a post-graduate degree and MBBS is an undergraduate degree. Only when you complete the undergraduate one, you are eligible for the postgraduate degree.
3. How can I do MBBS after the 12th?
You can do MBBS after the 12th by clearing entrance exams and by taking admission for the same.
4. How many years course is MBBS?
MBBS is currently a 5.5 years course.
5. How can I crack NEET?
You can crack NEET by referring to our article on NEET.