JoSAA 2021 Round 2 Seat Allotment Result: The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (or often abbreviated as JoSAA) will release the second round of JoSAA seat allotment results on November 1, 2021, and the JoSAA 2021 Round 2 seat allotment result will be published on the official website by 5 p.m., according to reports. The results of the JoSAA 2021 round 2 seat allotment will be published on the JoSAA official website, josaa.nic.in. The JoSAA round 2 seat allotment result is available for students seeking admission to undergraduate engineering programmes at the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), and various Government-Funded Technical Institutes(GFTIs).
Candidates must check on the website using their application numbers and passwords to view the JoSAA round 2 seat allotment results. Candidates who have been selected for round 2 JoSSA seat allocation must confirm their admission by reporting online and paying the admission fee. The seats were allocated to the shortlisted candidates based on their merit, the alternatives selected during the JoSAA counselling online application, and the availability of seats. On October 27, the result of the JoSAA round 1 seat allotment was announced. The online reporting-fee payment/document upload/response by the candidate to question (if required) (Round 2) will take place on November 2 and 3, 2021, according to the schedule announced. On November 2 and 3, 2021, the withdrawal of seats/exit from the seat allocation process will begin.
Aspirants should keep a check on the official website and are advised to visit the official website for further details. Details regarding the JoSAA Round 2 Counselling will be available on the JoSAA website itself.
Read About: JoSAA 2021 Round 1 Seat Allotment 2021
JOSAA Counselling 2021 Round 2 Seat Allotment: Date
|Authority Name||Joint Seat Allocation Authority 2021 (JOSAA)|
|Participating Colleges||IITs, NITs, IIEST, IIITs and B.Tech|
|JOSAA Round 2 Seat Allotment Result 2021 Date||1 November 2021
|Online Reporting & Fee Submission||2 November to 5th November 2021|
|Fee Submission Mode||Online|
|Category||Seat Allotment Result|
JoSAA 2021 Round 2 Seat Allotment Result: How to check @ josaa.nic.in
Below mentioned are the steps for checking the Status of the JoSAA Round 2 Seat Allotment:
- Step 1: Visit josaa.nic.in for further information.
- Step 2: Click on the ‘View Seat Allotment Result – Round 2’ link on the Home Page.
- Step 3: Use the JEE Main application numbers and passwords to log in.
- Step 4: Click here to see the results of the JoSAA’s second phase of seat allocation.
Read About: Full JoSAA Counselling Process 2021
JoSAA 2021 round 2 seat allotment Results: Other Updates
- Payment of money and uploading of required papers will conclude JoSAA admissions for round 2.
- Candidates who are offered a spot in this round must finish the application process on the official website by November 3, 2021.
- As soon as the round 1 admissions procedure is concluded, the opening and closing ranks will be revealed.
- The deadline for submitting documentation for round 1 seat allocation has been extended until October 31, 2021.
- The authorities have said clearly that any candidate who does not finish the admission process by the deadline will have their candidature deleted and will not be considered for subsequent rounds of admissions.
- By simply selecting the round number, Academic Program, and Institute Type, candidates will be able to see the opening and closing ranks.
- Candidates have the choice to freeze, float, or slide their seat allocation after it is released. They must select one of these possibilities while keeping their selections locked.
- In this round of seat allocation, candidates will also have the option of revoking their admissions. Candidates will not be accepted for subsequent rounds of counselling in this situation.
- Between November 2 and 5, 2021, candidates who wish to withdraw their admissions or names from JoSAA counselling 2021 can do so.
JoSAA 2021 Round 1: Extended Date
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority, JoSAA Counselling 2021 round 1 seat allotment result was announced on the official website on October 27, 2021, and JoSAA had also extended the deadline for uploading round 1 documentation and paying the acceptance fee until October 31, 2021.
JoSAA Counselling Round 1 2021: How to check Opening and Closing Ranks
- Step 1: Aspirants should just go to josaa.nic.in, the Joint Seat Allocation Authority’s official website.
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Additional Links’ area of the homepage, which is located in the left-hand corner.
- Step 3: When you click the link, you will be taken to a new window.
- Step 4: Choose a year, a round number, the type of institute, the name of the institute, and an academic programme.
- Step 5: Check the JoSAA Opening and Closing Ranks 2021 by clicking ‘Submit.’
JoSAA 2021: Freeze, Float and Slide
A candidate must accept the seat online after receiving the seat allotment outcome. They can do so by selecting from the following three ways: freeze, float, or slide. Furthermore, these options will only be offered to those who are not admitted to their first choice.
If a candidate selects the Freeze option, it indicates that they have accepted the seat that has been assigned to them. This could also mean that the candidate is satisfied with the seat he or she has been assigned and will not engage in any further rounds of counselling.
If a candidate selects the Float option, they are accepting the seat that has been offered to them. If a spot in a higher-priority academic programme becomes available, the candidate will accept it. This indicates that candidates are available for the following rounds of counselling.
If a candidate selects the Slide option, they are accepting the seat that has been assigned to them. If admission to a higher-priority academic programme is offered within the ‘same institute,’ the candidate will accept it. These individuals will be considered for future rounds of counselling as well.
What is JoSSA?
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority, or JoSAA, was founded by the Ministry of Education, formerly known as the HRD Ministry, to monitor and regulate admission to 110 tertiary institutes run by the Indian government.
The ministry formed the organisation in 2018 to handle admissions to 100 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), and Government Funded Technical Institutes. It began with the academic year 2018-19.
Representatives from the ministry’s Joint Admission Board and Central Seat Allocation Board make up the committee. Both of these organisations are in charge of allocating seats to IITs and other institutes, respectively. CSAB announced 100 institutes and two special spot unfilled seats for the year 2018.
FAQs on JoSAA 2021 Round 2 Seat Allotment
What exactly is the JoSAA exam?
The MHRD established the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) to administer a common counselling mechanism for seat allocation based on JEE Main and JEE Advanced ranks.
How many seats does JoSAA have?
JoSAA will offer counselling for a total of 50,822 seats at 110 institutes this year.
How many institutes are involved in the JoSAA Counseling programme?
There are 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 25 IIITs, and 28 GFTIs among the JoSAA Participating Institutes.
In JEE Main Counseling, whose rank is taken into account?
If you have given your jee mains with general category, fill in the basic details and select general category. Then, in all seven rounds of counselling, your overall rating will be taken into account.
What are opening and closing ranks?
By opening rank, It means the rank that appears at the top of the cut-off list and is the highest rank/cut-off score that institutions will accept. The closing rank is the final rank/cut-off score that the participating universities accept.