CUET 2022 Vocabulary MCQ
Vocabulary for CUET EXAM 2022 is an important aspect of the English language section, and if you are studying for a competitive test like CUET exam 2022, you may find at least 10-15 questions based on synonyms, antonyms, spelling errors, fill-in blanks, and so on in previous year’s papers.
This portion cannot be mastered in a single day for the CUET EXAM 2022; it demands constant practice and a love of the language. You can do it all on your own, and you don’t need to remember the full dictionary.
CUET 2022 Language Test Syllabus
Reading Comprehension questions (based on several sorts of passages-Factual, Literary, and Narrative [Literary Aptitude & Vocabulary]) will be used to assess students’ language proficiency. So in this article, we have listed some important questions about vocabulary from the language test section for CUET EXAM 2022
CUET 2022 Vocabulary MCQ Important Questions
Ques 1. The untimely demise of the chairman left a void in the company’s succession plans. Tell the synonym of the highlighted word.
Ques 2. Choose the option that is closest to the given word: – DEPRECIATION
Question 3. Give the antonym of the word ‘CONJECTURE’ from the alternatives given below
Question 4. Select the option that gives the correct meaning of the underlined word in the given sentence.
All the candidates spoke with conviction about the positive changes they would initiate if elected that it was difficult to decide on who was the best.
- The state of being found guilty as charged
- Final Judgement
- Charged With A Crime
Question 5. The official exhibited a heedless attitude when dealing with the dignitaries. Heedless means…
Question 6. She wasn’t feeling well, so she was ___ to go to the evening party. What word should be used to fill in the blank?
Question 7. To have a chip on one’s shoulder. What does this phrase means?
- To be boastful
- To be deserving of a piece
- To believe that one has been treated unfairly
- To have deep cut wound on the shoulder
Question 8. The director looked very animated while explaining the comic scenes to the actors. Choose the option that is the synonym of the highlighted word.
Question 9. Mark the correct option that is the synonym of the highlighted word.
The editor vehemently opposed the charges of bias in his articles.
Question 10. Give the antonym of the word ‘COVERT’.
Question 11. Choose the word that is similar to the highlighted word in bold
The notice said that the meeting would precisely begin at 9.00 p.m.
Question 12. The difficulties he faced in his life made him a stronger person
- He faces in his
- He faced upon his
- He faced at his
- No improvement
Question 13. One word substitution:- The front of the building that faces the street
Question 14. The ________ of honest politicians is the reason for the ________ state of the country.
- slur, glorious
- abundance, sad
- shortage, miserable
- lack, progressive
Question 15. What is another word for ‘precarious’?
Question 16. What word is used for someone practicing living like a hermit?
Question 17. What is the antonym of ‘amass’?
Question 18. What word corresponds to the meaning of being implied without being stated?
Question 19. Fill the blank with the appropriate word: ‘The decision will ___ the entire nation.’
Question 20. Pick the option which is the antonym for ‘vicious’.
CUET 2022 IMPORTANT CONTEXTUAL VOCABULARY QUESTIONS MCQ
Direction for Questions: Choose the word nearest in meaning to the word in BOLD.
- In exasperation she railed at the shopkeeper.
- Surreptitious glances were exchanged between the lovers at the feast.
- One of the salient features of your proposal is a stress on self-employment.
- English conversation means the learning of many catchy phrases.
(a) Easily remembered
(b) Easily spoken
Direction for Questions: Choose the word that is opposite to the word in BOLD from the given options
- A lady of a few words she is given to laconic answers.
- The mountains present a bleak sight at night.
- None but his sycophants were impressed by his haughtiness.
- After a day’s toil he was feeling fatigue.
- There was dismal atmosphere in the dressing room of the defeated team.
- Some have the habit of disparaging the success of their friend because of jealousy.
- Sometimes it is necessary to retreat in a battle.
(d) Go back
- Strangely the honour Napolean brought to France ultimately brought no credit to the country.
- Counterfeit coins are in circulation because of negligence on the part of police authorities.
- What he tells me confirms my ideas.
- However hard you may try to mitigate his problems; you will not succeed.
- His speech was full of frequent facetious remarks.
- The facts of the case were obscured by the speech of the defence counsel.
- He made several attempts to placate his opponents.
- He has always been fastidious while examining answer scripts.
- It was fortuitous that I met her in that party.
CUET 2022 IMPORTANT SPELLING QUESTIONS
Directions for Questions: Choose the option that is correctly spelt from the given options.
|1. (a) Abreviate||(b) Abbreviate||(c) Abbriviate||(d) Abriviate|
|2. (a) Accqaintance||(b) Acquantance||(c) Acquaintance||(d) accquantance|
|3. (a) Assassination||(b) Assessination||(c) Accessination||(d) Asseccination|
|4. (a) Adolesance||(b) Adolescence||(c) Adolascence||(d) Adolasance|
|5. (a) Ammalgamation||(b) Amalgammation||(c) Amalgamation||(d) maalgamation|
|6. (a) Bibliography||(b) Bibiliography||(c) Bibleography||(d) Bebliography|
|7. (a) Catarpillar||(b) Caterpillar||(c) Catterpiller||(d) Catterpiler|
|8. (a) Juresdiction||(b) Juriesdiction||(c) Jurisdiction||(d) Jurisdection|
|9. (a) Magisterate||(b) Magistrate||(c) Megistrate||(d) Maegistrate|
|10. (a) Moustace||(b) Moustashe||(c) Moustache||(d) Moustace|
For more details on CUET EXAM 2022 follow the YouTube Channel @cuetadda247.
Download the app to get the answers of these questions.
Also please feel free to call on this number +91-7678264927 to get free counselling for any course and career choice.