CBSE Deleted Syllabus For Class 9 Science: Syllabus is one of the most important things if you need to score good marks in your board examinations. Being updated with the current syllabus and preparing the study flow according to the syllabus and time remaining is very important for the students.
- CBSE Deleted Syllabus For Class 9 Hindi
- CBSE Deleted Syllabus For Class 9 English
- CBSE Deleted Syllabus For Class 9 Maths
- CBSE Deleted Syllabus For Class 9 Social Science
Science is a concept based subject so you need to work on all concepts in order to get good marks in this subject. If you are updated with the current syllabus it will help you to plan your study flow.
CBSE Class 9 Science Deleted Syllabus
As during the current Covid-19 situation, schools and students got a major hit in their education, the level of study and the mode of study. CBSE considered all this and decided to reduce the syllabus for each class by 30% accordingly. For this examination year, the reduced syllabus will be used for preparing board examinations this academic year. Here, you will see the standard weightage of marks for each unit and the deleted topics from each unit.
The table shown below shows the weightage of marks to each unit in Science subject according to CBSE:-
|I||Matter- Its Nature And Behaviour||27|
|II||Organization In The Living World||26|
|III||Motion, Force And Work||27|
Deleted theory topics from the syllabus as given by CBSE:-
|UNIT – I MATTER- ITS NATURE AND BEHAVIOUR|
Matter in Our Surroundings: Definition of matter; solid, liquid and gas; characteristics -shape, volume, density; change of state-melting (absorption of heat), freezing, evaporation (cooling by evaporation), condensation, sublimation.
|UNIT-II ORGANISATION IN THE LIVING WORLD|
Diversity in Living Organisms: Diversity of plants and animals-basic issues in scientific naming, basis of classification. Hierarchy of categories / groups, Major groups of plants (salient features) (Bacteria, Thallophyta, Bryophyta, Pteridophyta, Gymnosperms and Angiosperms). Major groups of animals (salient features) (Non-chordates up to phyla and chordates up to classes).
|UNIT-III MOTION, FORCE AND WORK|
Floatation: Thrust and Pressure. Archimedes’ Principle; Buoyancy; Elementary idea of Relative Density.
Sound: Nature of sound and its propagation in various media, speed of sound, range of hearing in humans; ultrasound; reflection of sound; echo and SONAR. Structure of the Human Ear (Auditory aspect only).
|UNIT-IV OUR ENVIRONMENT|
Physical resources: Air, Water, Soil. Air for respiration, for combustion, for moderating temperatures; movements of air and its role in bringing rains across India.
Air, water and soil pollution (brief introduction). Holes in ozone layer and the probable damages.
Biogeochemical cycles in nature: Water, Oxygen, Carbon and Nitrogen.
|UNIT-V FOOD PRODUCTION|
Improvement in Food Resources: Plant and animal breeding and selection for quality and management; Use of fertilizers and manures; Protection from pests and diseases; Organic farming.
Deleted practical’s for the academic year 2020-21:-
- Separation of the components of a mixture of sand, common salt, and ammonium chloride (or camphor).
- Determination of the melting point of ice and the boiling point of water.
- Verification of the Laws of reflection of sound.
- Determination of the speed of a pulse propagated through a stretched string/slinky (helical spring).
- Study of the characteristics of Spirogyra, Agaricus, Moss, Fern, Pinus (either with male or female cone) and an Angiospermic plant. Draw and give two identifying features of the groups they belong to.
- Observe the given pictures/charts/models of earthworm, cockroach, bony fish and bird. For each organism, draw their picture and record:
- a) One specific feature of its phylum.
- b) One adaptive feature with reference to its habitat.
- Study of the external features of root, stem, leaf, and flower of monocot and dicot plants.
Class 9 Deleted Syllabus: Subject Wise!
|CBSE Deleted Syllabus For Class 9 Social Science||CBSE Deleted Syllabus For Class 9 English|
|CBSE Deleted Syllabus For Class 9 Maths||CBSE Deleted Syllabus For Class 9 Hindi|