Class 12 Computer Science Deleted Syllabus
CBSE Deleted Syllabus For Class 12 Computer Science: Computer Science is an optional subject of Class 12. Whether a student is from the Medical stream or a Non-medical stream, it is equally important to both of them. Computer Science is a concept-based subject. In order to increase your overall percentage student needs to make their optional subject strong. It can make or break the percentage of students.
Being updated with the syllabus helps in strategizing the study plans accordingly. Computer Science is a practice-based subject in which you can score well if your basics are clear. Syntax of languages needs to be remembered for acing certain topics.
Check New : CBSE Revised Term wise Syllabus for Class 10th and 12th Board Exams 2022
Deleted Syllabus Class 12 Computer Science 2022
Due to the Covid-19 situation, no proper school functioning is taking place. There is increasing stress on student’s shoulders and it is very difficult to cover the entire syllabus in online classes. So CBSE has decided to reduce the syllabus by 30% of all classes.
CBSE has considered reducing the syllabus for each class by 30%. For this academic year, the reduced syllabus will be used for preparing questions for board examinations.
The topics which have been deleted are mentioned below. Do check out the table for more information.
|Chapter Number||Chapter Name||Deleted Topics|
|Computational Thinking and Programming||· Recursion simple algorithms with recursion
· print a message forever, the sum of first n natural numbers, factorial, Fibonacci numbers, recursion on arrays: binary search
· Idea of efficiency: performance measurement in terms of the number of operations.
· Data-structures: Lists as covered in Class XI, Stacks – Push, Pop using a list, Queues – Insert, Delete using a list.
· E-commerce payment transactions using online banking, mobile banking, payment apps, and services.
|3||Database Management||· Create table, drop table, alter table, update ….set, insert, delete
● Recursively find the factorial of a natural number
● Write a recursive code to find the sum of all elements of a list.
● Write a recursive code to compute the nth Fibonacci number
CBSE Computer Science Complete Syllabus Class 12 For Term 1 and Term 2
|Chapter Number||Chapter Name||Topics|
|Computational Thinking and Programming||● Revision of the basics of Python covered in Class XI.
● Functions: scope, parameter passing, mutable/immutable properties of data objects, passing strings, lists, tuples, dictionaries to functions, default parameters, positional parameters, return values, functions using libraries: mathematical and string functions.
● File handling: Need for a data file, Types of files: Text files, Binary files, and CSV (Comma-separated values) files.
●Text File: Basic operations on a text file: Open (filename – absolute or relative path, mode), Close a text file, Reading and Manipulation of data from a text file, Appending data into a text file, standard input/output, and error streams, relative and absolute paths.
●Binary File: Basic operations on a binary file: Open (filename – absolute or relative path, mode), Close a binary file, Pickle Module – methods load and dump; Read, Write/Create, Search, Append and Update operations in a binary file.
● CSV File: Import csv module, functions – Open, Close a csv file, Read from a csv file and Write into a csv file using csv.reader ( ) and csv.writerow( ).
● Using Python libraries: Import Python libraries.
● Data-structures: Lists as covered in Class XI, Stacks – Push, Pop using a list.
|2||Computer Networks||● Evolution of Networking: ARPANET, Internet, Interspace Different ways of sending data across the network with reference to switching techniques (Circuit and Packet switching).
● Data Communication terminologies: Concept of Channel, Bandwidth (Hz, kHz, MHz), and Data transfer rate (bps, Kbps, Mbps, Gbps, Tbps).
●Transmission media: Twisted pair cable, coaxial cable, optical fiber, infrared, radio link, microwave link, and satellite link.
●Network devices: Modem, RJ45 connector, Ethernet Card, Router, Switch, Gateway, WiFi card.
●Network Topologies and types: Bus, Star, Tree, PAN, LAN, WAN, MAN.
●Network Protocol: TCP/IP, File Transfer Protocol (FTP), PPP, HTTP, SMTP, POP3, Remote Login (Telnet) and Internet, Wireless / Mobile Communication protocol such as GSM, GPRS, and WLL.
●Mobile Telecommunication Technologies: 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G; Mobile processors;
Electronic mail protocols such as SMTP, POP3, Protocols for Chat and Video Conferencing: VoIP, Wireless technologies such as Wi-Fi and WiMax
Threats and prevention from Viruses, Worms, Trojan horse, Spams
India IT Act, Cyber Law, Cyber Crimes, IPR issues, hacking.
● Introduction To Web services: WWW, Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML), Extensible Markup Language (XML); Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (HTTP); Domain Names; URL; Website, Web browser, Web
Servers; Web Hosting.
|3||Database Management||· Database Concepts: Introduction to database concepts and its need.
· Relational data model: Concept of the domain, relation, tuple, attribute, degree, cardinality, key, primary key, candidate key, alternate key, and foreign key;
· Structured Query Language:
· General Concepts: Advantages of using SQL, Data Definition
· Language and Data Manipulation Language;
· Data Types: number / decimal, character / varchar / varchar2, date; SQL commands covered in class XI (2019-20)
· SELECT, DISTINCT, FROM, WHERE, IN, BETWEEN, LIKE, NULL / IS NULL, ORDER BY, GROUP BY, HAVING;
· SQL functions: SUM ( ), AVG ( ), COUNT ( ), MAX ( ) and MIN ( );
· Joins: equi-join and natural join
· Interface of Python with an SQL database
· Connecting SQL with Python
· Creating Database connectivity Applications
· Performing Insert, Update, Delete queries
CBSE Computer Science Practical Syllabus Class 12
- Read a text file and display the number of vowels/ consonants/ uppercase/ lowercase characters in the file.
- Create a binary file with the name and roll number. Search for a given roll number and display the name, if not found display the appropriate message.
- Create a binary file with roll number, name, and marks. Input a roll number and update the marks.
- Remove all the lines that contain the character `a’ in a file and write it to another file.
- Write a random number generator that generates random numbers between 1 and 6 (simulates a dice).
- Write a Python program to implement a stack and queue using a list data structure.
- Take a sample of ten phishing e-mails (or any text file) and find the most commonly occurring word(s)
CBSE Class 12 Deleted Syllabus 2021-22
CBSE Class 11 Deleted Syllabus 2021-22
CBSE Class 10 Deleted Syllabus 2021-22
CBSE Class 9 Deleted Syllabus 2021-22
CBSE New Syllabus For Class 12 & 11 2021-2022
|CBSE Class 12 New Syllabus 2021-22||CBSE Class 11 New Syllabus 2021-22|
|Class 12 Maths||Class 11 Maths|
|Class 12 Physics||Class 11 Physics|
|Class 12 Chemistry||Class 11 Chemistry|
|Class 12 Biology||Class 11 Biology|
|Class 12 Economics||Class 11 Economics|
|Class 12 Accountancy||Class 11 Accountancy|
|Class 12 History||Class 11 History|
|Class 12 Geography||Class 11 Geography|
|Class 12 Political Science||Class 11 Political Science|
|Class 12 English||Class 11 English|
CBSE New Syllabus Class 9 & 10 For 2021-2022
|CBSE Class 10 New Syllabus 2021-22||CBSE Class 9 New Syllabus 2021-22|
|Class 10 Maths||Class 9 Maths|
|Class 10 Science||Class 9 Science|
|Class 10 Social Science||Class 9 Social Science|
|Class 10 English||Class 9 English|
CBSE Computer Science Class 12 Deleted Syllabus 2022: FAQs
1. What is the syllabus of class 12 computer science?
The syllabus for Computer Science of class 12 has been mentioned above in the table.
2. How many chapters are there in a computer science class 12?
There are a total of 5 chapters in computer science for class 12.
3. Is Computer Science hard in CBSE 12?
No, computer science is not hard in Class 12.
4. Is there maths in computer science?
Yes, you require basic maths for computer science for computing time complexity and memory management.
5. Which is better biology or computer science?
The choice depends upon your future goals. If you want to be a doctor, biology would be a better choice for you. And, if you want to be a programmer and want to work with the FAANG companies, computer science would be an ideal choice for you.