CBSE Class 12 Business studies Revised syllabus 2021-22 Pdf Download
Business studies is an important subject for CBSE commerce stream. It is one of the purely theoretical subjects in CBSE class 12th curriculum. The students who appear for the 12th board exam should understand the CBSE class 12th business studies syllabus thoroughly. It has a very wide range of scope and the syllabus covers financial management, general management and marketing management.
CBSE Class 12th Business Studies New Term wise Revision Syllabus 2021- 2021: Mark Distribution
The marks distributed according to the units are as follows:
|Part A||Principles and Functions of Management|
|1||Nature and Significance of Management||16|
|2||Principles of Management|
|Part B||Business Finance and Marketing|
|Part C||Project Work||20|
Out of the 100 marks, the remaining 20 marks are covered by the project work which are undertaken by the practical exams. Internal Assessment: Includes practical and viva voice.
Unit-wise detailed CBSE Class 12th Business studies New Term wise Revised syllabus 2021-22: Term 1
Part A: Principles and Functions of Management
Unit 1: Nature and Significance of Management
|Concept||After going through this unit, the student/ learner would be able to:|
|Management – concept, objectives, and importance||· Understand the concept of management.
· Explain the meaning of ‘Effectiveness and Efficiency.
· Discuss the objectives of management.
· Describe the importance of management.
|Management as Science, Art, and Profession||· Examine the nature of management as a science, art, and profession.|
|Levels of Management||· Understand the role of top, middle and lower levels of management|
|Management functions-planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling||· Explain the functions of management|
|Coordination- concept, and importance||·Discuss the concept and characteristics of coordination.
· Explain the importance of coordination.
Unit 2: Principles of Management
|Principles of Management- concept, and significance||· Understand the concept of principles of management.
· Explain the significance of management principles.
|Fayol’s principles of management||· Discuss the principles of management developed by Fayol.|
|Taylor’s Scientific management- principles and techniques||· Explain the principles and techniques of ‘Scientific Management’.|
Unit 3: Business Environment
|Business Environment- concept and importance||· Understand the concept of ‘Business Environment’.
· Describe the importance of business environment
|Dimensions of Business Environment- Economic, Social, Technological, Political and Legal||· Describe the various dimensions of ‘Business Environment’.|
Unit 4: Planning
|Planning: Concept, importance, and limitation||· Understand the concept of planning.
· Describe the importance of planning.
· Understand the limitations of planning.
|Planning process||· Describe the steps in the process of planning.|
Unit 5: Organising
|Organising: Concept and importance||· Understand the concept of organizing as a structure and as a process.
· Explain the importance of organising.
|Organising Process||· Describe the steps in the process of organizing|
|Structure of organisation- functional and divisional concept||· Describe the functional and divisional structures of the organisation.|
|Delegation: concept, elements, and importance||· Understand the concept of delegation.
· Describe the elements of delegation.
· Appreciate the importance of Delegation.
|Decentralization: concept and importance||· Understand the concept of decentralisation.
· Explain the importance of decentralisation.
· Differentiate between delegation and decentralisation.
Unit 6: Staffing
|Staffing: Concept and importance||· Understand the concept of staffing.
· Explain the importance of staffing
|Staffing process||· Describe the steps in the process of staffing|
|Recruitment process||· Understand the meaning and steps in the process of recruitment.
· Discuss the sources of recruitment.
|Selection – process||· Understand the meaning of selection.
· Describe the steps involved in the process of selection.
|Training and Development – Concept and importance, Methods of training – on the job and off the job – vestibule training, apprenticeship training, and internship training||· Understand the concept of training and development.
· Appreciate the importance of training to the organisation and to the employees.
· Discuss on the job and off the job methods of training.
· Discuss the meaning of vestibule training, apprenticeship training, and internship training.
· Differentiate between training and development.
Unit 7: Directing
|Directing: Concept and importance||· Describe the concept of directing.
· Discuss the importance of directing
|Elements of Directing||· Describe the various elements of directing|
|Motivation – concept, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, Financial and non-financial incentives||· Understand the concept of motivation.
· Develop an understanding of Maslow’s Hierarchy of needs.
· Discuss the various financial and non-financial incentives.
|Leadership – concept, styles – authoritative, democratic, and laissez-faire||· Understand the concept of leadership.
· Understand the various styles of leadership.
|Communication – concept, formal and informal communication;||· Understand the concept of communication
· Discuss the concept of formal and informal communication.
· Discuss the various barriers to effective communication.
Unit 8: Controlling
|Controlling – Concept and importance||· Understand the concept of controlling.
· Explain the importance of controlling.
|Steps in process of control||· Discuss the steps in the process of controlling.|
CBSE Syllabus For Class 12th Business Studies Part B Business Finance and Marketing: Term 2
Unit 9: Financial Management
|Financial Management: Concept, role, and objectives||· Understand the concept of financial management.
· Explain the role of financial management in an organisation.
· Discuss the objectives of financial management
|Financial decisions: investment, financing, and
dividend- Meaning and factors affecting
|· Discuss the three financial decisions and the factors affecting them.|
|Financial Planning – concept and importance||· Describe the concept of financial planning.|
|· Explain the importance of financial planning.|
|Capital Structure – concept and factors affecting capital structure||· Understand the concept of capital structure.
· Describe the factors determining the choice of an appropriate capital structure
of a company.
|Fixed and Working Capital – Concept and factors affecting their requirements||· Understand the concept of fixed and working capital.
· Describe the factors determining the requirements of fixed and working capital.
Unit 10: Financial Markets
|Financial Markets: Concept, Functions, and types||· Understand the concept of the financial market.
· Explain the functions of the financial market.
· Understand the capital market and money market as types of financial markets.
|Money market and its instruments||· Understand the concept of the money market.
· Describe the various money market instruments.
|Capital market: Concept, types (primary and secondary), methods of floatation in the primary market||· Discuss the concept of the capital market.
· Explain primary and secondary markets as types of the capital market.
· Differentiate between capital market and money market.
· Discuss the methods of floating new issues in the primary market.
· Distinguish between primary and secondary markets.
|Stock Exchange – Meaning, Functions and trading procedure||· Give the meaning of a stock exchange.
· Explain the functions of a stock exchange.
· Discuss the trading procedure in a stock exchange.
· Give the meaning of depository services and Demat account as used in the trading
procedure of securities.
|Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) – objectives and functions||· State the objectives of SEBI.
· Explain the functions of SEBI.
Unit 11: Marketing
|Marketing – Concept, functions, and philosophies – Product, Prize and Standard||· Understand the concept of marketing.
· Discuss the functions of marketing.
· Explain the marketing philosophies.
|Marketing Mix – Concept and elements||· Understand the concept of the marketing mix.
· Describe the elements of the marketing mix.
|Product – branding, labelling, and packaging – Concept||· Understand the concept of product as an element of the marketing mix.
· Understand the concepts of branding, labeling, and packaging.
|Price – Concept, Factors determining the price||· Understand the concept of price as an element of the marketing mix.
· Describe the factors determining the price of a product.
|Physical Distribution – concept||· Understand the concept of physical distribution.|
|Promotion – Concept and elements; Advertising, Personal Selling, Sales Promotion, and Public Relations||· Understand the concept of promotion as an element of the marketing mix.
· Describe the elements of the promotion mix.
· Understand the concept of advertising and personal selling
· Understand the concept of sales promotion.
· Discuss the concept of public relations.
Unit 12: Consumer Protection
|Consumer Protection: Concept||· Understand the concept of consumer protection.|
|Consumer Protection Act of 1986:
Meaning of consumer
Rights and responsibilities of consumers Who can file a complaint?
Redressal machinery Remedies available
|· Understand the concept of a consumer according to the Consumer Protection Act 1986.
· Discuss the scope of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986
· Explain the consumer rights
· Understand the responsibilities of consumers
· Understand who can file a complaint and against whom?
· Discuss the legal redressal machinery under the Consumer Protection Act 1986.
· Examine the remedies available to the consumer under the Consumer Protection Act
CBSE Syllabus For Class 12 Business Studies Unit 13: Project Work
- Project One: Field Visit
- Project Two: Case Study on a Product
III. Project Three: Aids to Trade
- Project Four: Import /Export Procedure projects.
- Project Five: A visit to any State Emporium (other than your school state)
CBSE New Syllabus For Class 12 & 11 2021-2022
|CBSE Class 12 New Syllabus 2021-22||CBSE Class 11 New Syllabus 2021-22|
|Class 12 Maths||Class 11 Maths|
|Class 12 Physics||Class 11 Physics|
|Class 12 Chemistry||Class 11 Chemistry|
|Class 12 Biology||Class 11 Biology|
|Class 12 Economics||Class 11 Economics|
|Class 12 Accountancy||Class 11 Accountancy|
|Class 12 History||Class 11 History|
|Class 12 Geography||Class 11 Geography|
|Class 12 Political Science||Class 11 Political Science|
|Class 12 English||Class 11 English|
CBSE New Syllabus Class 9 & 10 For 2021-2022
|CBSE Class 10 New Syllabus 2021-22||CBSE Class 9 New Syllabus 2021-22|
|Class 10 Maths||Class 9 Maths|
|Class 10 Science||Class 9 Science|
|Class 10 Social Science||Class 9 Social Science|
|Class 10 English||Class 9 English|
FAQ (Frequently asked questions)
What topics are covered under unit of Consumer protection?
The topics covered are Consumer Protection Act of 1986, Meaning of consumer
Rights and responsibilities of consumers Who can file a complaint?, Redressal machinery Remedies available
How to prepare CBSE Class 12 syllabus?
Finish off the syllabus as soon as possible as the syllabus is very vast and extensive. After the chapter is finished, try to solve the questions from in between the chapters as well. Solve the sample papers as much as you can.
What is the difference between CBSE and NCERT syllabus for class 12?
NCERT Class 12 syllabus is the foundation syllabus from which CBSE and other state boards derive their syllabus.
How many units and chapters are there in class 12 Business studies?
NCERT Biology textbook for class 12 consists of total 12 units.
What weightage does project work carries?
The project work carries 20 marks out of 100 marks.