Class 10 English Syllabus 2021-22
As per the new revised syllabus mandated and circulated by the Government of India, we have jot down all the necessary details to give you an overview of the very new and revised syllabus divided on the basis of the two terms and the respective subjects. CBSE Class 10th Term-wise English pdf has been therefore recreated by Adda 247 for the easy availability of it to the students.
The Subject English, however tends to scare the students with its enormous number of chapters and the various books prescribed by the Education Commission, that decides the syllabus to be covered. Hence, a proper insight of the syllabus with all the details mentioned is very important for a child to get his hand on.
English Class 10 Syllabus 2021-22 Pdf Download
Download your free content now!
To download, Download Full PDF, please fill the form.
Thanks for downloading the guide. For similar guides, free study material, quizzes, videos and job alerts you can download the Adda247 app from play store.
Class 10 English Syllabus 2021-22 for Term 1 and Term 2
English comes under the “Compulsory” categorised subjects and having a proper knowledge of class 10th CBSE Syllabus holds the utmost importance nd helps you to pass your Board examinations with Flying colors and thus, ace your future. English is further divided into its two branches:
They hold different marking Schemes and have a different syllabus all together. Hence, knowing the both of them is equally important.
SECTION – WISE WEIGHTAGE
|A||Reading Skills (50 periods)|
|B||Writing Skills with Grammar (60 periods)|
|Literature Textbooks and Supplementary Reading
Text (60 periods)
Term 1 Class 10 English Syllabus 2021-22
|Term – I|
|1. Discursive passage (400-450 words)
2. Case based Factual passage (with visual input/ statistical data/ chart etc. 300-350
1. Formal letter based on a given situation.
Letter to the Editor
Letter of Complaint (Official)
Letter of Complaint (Business)
3. Subject-Verb Concord
5. Reported Speech
6. Commands and Requests
|1. A Letter to God
2. Nelson Mandela
3. Two Stories About Flying
4. From the Diary of Anne Frank
5. The Hundred Dresses 1
6. The Hundred Dresses 2
|1. Dust of Snow
2. Fire and Ice
3. A Tiger in the Zoo
4. The Ball Poem
|FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET
|1. A Triumph of Surgery
2. The Thief’s Story
3. Footprints Without Feet
|Term – II|
|READING||1. Discursive passage (400-450 words)|
|2. Case based Factual passage (with visual input/ statistical data/ chart etc. 300-350 words)|
|WRITING SKILL||1. Formal letter based on a given situation
Letter of Order
Letter of Enquiry
2. Analytical Paragraph (based on outline/chart/cue/map/report etc.)
3. Subject Verb Concord
5. Reported Speech
6. Commands and Requests
|1. Glimpses of India
2. Madam Rides the Bus
3. The Sermon at Benares
4. The Proposal (Play)
3. The Tale of Custard the Dragon
|FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET
|1. The Making of a Scientist
2. The Necklace
3. The Hack Driver
- Multiple Choice Questions based on a Discursive passage of 400-450 words to test inference, evaluation and vocabulary. Ten out of twelve questions to be answered. (10×1=10)
- Multiple Choice Questions based on a Case-based factual passage (with visual input-statistical data, chart etc.) of 300-350 words to test analysis and interpretation. Ten out of twelve questions to be answered. (10×1=10)
(Total length of two passages to be 700-750 words).
Literature Textbooks. 10 Marks
III. Multiple Choice Questions based on an extract from drama/prose to test inference, evaluation and vocabulary. Any 1 out of 2 extracts to be done. (5×1=5)
- Multiple Choice Questions based on an extract from poetry to test analysis and interpretation.
Any 1 out of 2 extracts to be done (5×1=5)
Grammar 10 Marks
- Ten Multiple Choice Questions, out of twelve, to be answered (including gap filling/editing/ dialogue writing). Questions shall be based on the following:
Subject – verb concord
Commands and requests
Use of Passive Voice
Clauses: Noun, Adverb Clauses of condition and time,
Term 2 Class 10 English Syllabus 2021-22
Writing 10 Marks
- Formal letter based on a given situation (word limit 100-120 words). One out of two questions is to be answered. (5 marks)
- Writing an analytical paragraph based on the given map/ Chart/ report/ line graph/ Cue/s (word limit 100-120 words). One out of two questions is to be answered. (5 marks)
Literature 30 Marks
III. Four out of six Short Answer Type Questions to be answered in 20-30 words each from FIRST FLIGHT and FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET (two out of three from FIRST FLIGHTand two out of three from FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET). (2×4=8)
- Four out of six Short Answer Type Questions to be answered in 40-50 words each from FIRST FLIGHT and FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET (two out of three from FIRST FLIGHT and two out of three from FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET). (3×4=12)
- One out of two Long Answer Type Questions from FIRST FLIGHT to be answered in about 100-120 words each to assess creativity, imagination and extrapolation beyond the text and across the texts. This can be a passage-based question taken from a situation/plot from the texts. (5 marks)
- One out of two Long Answer Type Questions from FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET on theme or plot involving interpretation, extrapolation beyond the text and inference or character sketch to be answered in about 100-120 words. (5 marks)
Prescribed Books: Published by NCERT, New Delhi
- FIRST FLIGHT – Text for Class X
- FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET – Supplementary Reader for Class X
- WORDS AND EXPRESSIONS – II (WORKBOOK FOR CLASS X)
Listening and Speaking Competencies 50 Periods
Assessment of Listening and Speaking Skills will be for 05 marks.
It is recommended that listening and speaking skills should be regularly practiced .
Art-integrated projects based on activities like Role Play, Skit, Dramatization etc. must be used. Please refer to the Circular no. Acad-33/2020 dated 14th May 2020 at the
http://cbseacademic.nic.in/web_material/Circulars/2020/33_Circular_2020.pdf for details
Besides measuring learning outcome, texts serve the dual purpose of diagnosing mistakes and areas of non-learning. To make evaluation a true index of learners’ knowledge, each language skill is to be assessed through a judicious mixture of different types of questions.
- Reading Section: Reading for comprehension, critical evaluation, inference and analysis are to be tested.
- Writing Section: All types of short and extended writing tasks will be dealt with.
- Grammar: Grammar items mentioned in the syllabus will be taught and assessed over a period of time.
CBSE Class 12 Deleted Syllabus 2021-22
CBSE Class 11 Deleted Syllabus 2021-22
CBSE Class 10 Deleted Syllabus 2021-22
CBSE Class 9 Deleted Syllabus 2021-22
CBSE New Syllabus For Class 12 & 11 2021-2022
|CBSE Class 12 New Syllabus 2021-22||CBSE Class 11 New Syllabus 2021-22|
|Class 12 Maths||Class 11 Maths|
|Class 12 Physics||Class 11 Physics|
|Class 12 Chemistry||Class 11 Chemistry|
|Class 12 Biology||Class 11 Biology|
|Class 12 Economics||Class 11 Economics|
|Class 12 Accountancy||Class 11 Accountancy|
|Class 12 History||Class 11 History|
|Class 12 Geography||Class 11 Geography|
|Class 12 Political Science||Class 11 Political Science|
|Class 12 English||Class 11 English|
CBSE New Syllabus Class 9 & 10 For 2021-2022
|CBSE Class 10 New Syllabus 2021-22||CBSE Class 9 New Syllabus 2021-22|
|Class 10 Maths||Class 9 Maths|
|Class 10 Science||Class 9 Science|
|Class 10 Social Science||Class 9 Social Science|
|Class 10 English||Class 9 English|
CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus Term 1 & 2 2021-2022: FAQs
Q.1)What topics are covered under English Language?
The topics covered in English language are: i. Tenses ii. Modals iii. Use of passive voice iv. Subject – verb concord v. Reported speech a. Commands and requests b. Statements c. Questions vi. Clauses: a. Noun clauses b. Adverb clauses of condition and time c. Relative clauses vii. Determiner viii. Prepositions
Q.2) Are the exams out of 100 marks?
No, the exams are not out of 100, they are out of 80 rest of the 20 marks are based on the Internal Assessments.
Q.3) How many books are there in English?
There are 3 books namely: FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET, FIRST FLIGHT and Words and expressions (workbook)
Q.4) What chapters are there in FIRST FLIGHT book?
- Glimpses of India
- Madam Rides the Bus
- The Sermon at Benares
- The Proposal (Play)
Q.5) How to score good marks?
Keep yourself focussed, Learn and complete the syllabus in advance, keep revising and solve the exercises as much as possible. Do not over strain your self, you will do amazing.
ALL THE BEST