UPSC ESE Exam Pattern 2023
Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) has released the UPSC ESE Admit Card 2023 for the recruitment of Group-A posts through UPSC Engineering Services Examination 2023 which is going to be conducted on 19th February 2023. Candidates preparing for UPSC ESE Exam must check this article for detailed UPSC ESE Exam Pattern 2023 for both Prelims and Mains Stage and bookmark the website for further Engineering Job Updates.
Now keep yourself updated with Latest Engineering Government Jobs 24×7 Download ADDA247 App Now! CLICK HERE
UPSC ESE Exam Pattern 2023: Overview
This section comprises important information regarding UPSC ESE Recruitment 2023 such as dates of notification, exam dates, etc under UPSC ESE Exam Pattern 2023.
|UPSC ESE Exam Pattern 2023 Overview
|Exam Name||IES – Engineering Services Examination (ESE)|
|Conducting Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Selection Process||Preliminary, Mains, and Interview|
|Qualifications||Engineering degree in the relevant branch/stream|
|Age limit||21 to 30 years|
|Preliminary Exam Date||19th February 2023|
|UPSC ESE Admit Card 2023||Out[27th January 2023]|
|UPSC ESE Official Website||https://upsconline.nic.in/|
UPSC ESE Exam Pattern 2023: Detailed Exam Pattern
The detailed exam pattern of the Union Public Service Commission ESE for the various posts includes a computer-based objective test (CBT Exam) which is further divided into three Stages.
- Stage-I: Engineering Services (Preliminary/Stage-I) Examination
- The exam will consist of two objective types (multiple choice) question papers.
- They carry a maximum of 500 marks (Paper I – 200 Marks & Paper II – 300 Marks).
- The Total time duration of this Exam is 5 hours.
- There is also a negative marking i.e. for every wrong answer deducts 1/3 marks as a penalty.
Note:- Only those candidates who are qualified in the Preliminary/Stage-I Examination in the year will be eligible for admission to the Main/Stage-II Examination.
- Stage-II: Engineering Services (Main/Stage-II) Examination
- The Exam has consist of two Papers in Engineering disciplines.
- The Total time duration of this Exam is 3 hours.
- They carry a total maximum mark of 600 (300 Marks on each paper).
- Stage-III: Personality Test.
- The Exam carries a total of 200 Marks.
- This Exam mainly focuses on the candidate’s capacity for leadership, initiative and intellectual curiosity, tact and other social qualities, mental and physical energy, powers of practical application, and integrity of character.
|Stage I (Preliminary Examination)|
|Paper I||2 Hours||200|
|Paper II||3 Hours||300|
|Stage II (Mains Examination)
|Paper I||3 Hours||300|
|Paper II||3 Hours||300|
|Stage III (Personality Test)
UPSC ESE Exam Pattern 2022: Important Dates
All the important dates regarding UPSC ESE Recruitment 2023 are mentioned below in tabular format.
|UPSC ESE Admit Card 2023 Important Dates|
|UPSC ESE 2023 Notification Release Date||14th September 2022|
|Online Registration Start Date||14th September 2022|
|Last Date to Register Online||04th October 2022|
|UPSC ESE Admit Card 2023||27th January 2023|
|Prelims Exam Date||19th February 2023|
|Prelims Exam Result Release Date||March 2023|
|Mains Exam Date||25th June 2023|
|Final Result Release Date||August 2023|