GATE Syllabus 2022 Aerospace Engineering
GATE Syllabus 2022 Aerospace Engineering: IIT Kharagpur is the conducting authority for GATE Exam 2022. GATE Exam 2022 is for the candidates who are aspiring to get admission into M.E./M.Tech/Ph.D. at the IITs, NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs. GATE Score 2022 is also useful for getting a reputed job as an engineer in some Public Sector Undertakings. GATE 2022 Score would be valid for three years after the announcement of GATE Result 2022. The total number of papers has been increased to 29 Subjects by adding two new subject papers. These Two new papers are GE (Geomatics Engineering) and NM (Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering). GATE Exam 2022 will be conducted on 05th, 06th, 12th, and 13th February 2022. To get desired job or college through GATE Exam 2022 for Aerospace Engineer, the candidates must get marks more than GATE Cut Off 2022. GATE Exam 2022 dates are announced by IIT Kharagpur on the official website. To get good marks in GATE Exam 2022 for Aerospace Engineer, the candidates must know GATE Syllabus 2022 Aerospace Engineering in depth. If they plan and strategize well according to GATE Syllabus 2022 for Aerospace Engineer, then they can grasp and revise the concepts very well to ace GATE Exam 2022 for Aerospace Engineer. In this article, we have covered everything regarding GATE Syllabus 2022 for Aerospace Engineer. The candidates must read the full article to know about GATE Syllabus 2022 for Aerospace Engineer and shall bookmark this website for further updates about GATE Exam 2022 for Aerospace Engineer.
GATE Syllabus 2022 Aerospace Engineering – Overview
|GATE Syllabus 2022 Aerospace Engineering|
|Name of Conducting Authority||IIT Kharagpur|
|Name of Exam||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Mode of GATE Exam 2022||Online|
|Total Number of Papers||29|
|GATE Exam 2022 Admit Card release date||03rd January 2022|
|GATE Exam 2022 date||05th February 2022
06th February 2022
12th February 2022
13th February 2022
|GATE 2022 Official Answer Key Release Date||10 days after the exam|
|GATE Result 2022||17th March 2022|
GATE Exam 2022
GATE Exam 2022: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is one of the most reputed examinations in India. It opens so many opportunities for candidates to grow their careers. GATE Exam 2022 is a computer-based standardized test conducted at the national level in India with an aim to examine the understanding of students in subjects like Engineering and Science.
GATE Exam Pattern 2022 Aerospace Engineering
GATE Exam Pattern 2022 Aerospace Engineering: The GATE 2022 Exam for Aerospace Engineer will ask questions to check your Application, Analysis, Comprehension, Recall, and Synthesis abilities. All the questions will be Either MCQ or NAT (Numerical Answer Type). According to the new GATE 2022 Exam Pattern for Aerospace Engineer, Some MSQ questions will also be there in the paper where more than one answer can be correct out of four given choices.
The candidates must check GATE Exam Pattern 2022 for Aerospace Engineer through the table given below to get a clear idea about GATE Exam 2022 for Aerospace Engineer so that they can ace GATE Exam 2022 for Aerospace Engineer.
|GATE Exam Pattern 2022 Aerospace Engineering|
|GATE Exam 2022 Mode||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|GATE Exam 2022 Duration||3 Hours|
|GATE Exam 2022 No. of Subjects||29 Subjects|
|GATE Exam 2022 Total Marks||100 Marks|
|GATE Exam 2022 Number of Questions||10 (GA) + 55 (subject) = 65 Questions|
|GATE Exam 2022 Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions, Multiple Select Questions, and Numerical Answer Type Questions|
GATE Syllabus 2022 Aerospace Engineering PDF
GATE Syllabus 2022 Aerospace Engineering PDF: The candidates can download GATE Syllabus 2022 Aerospace Engineering PDF through the direct link given below for the ease of candidates. The candidates must know GATE Syllabus 2022 Aerospace Engineering to ace GATE 2022 and get admission in a reputed college or job in a reputed organization for Aerospace engineers. Knowing GATE Syllabus 2022 will help the candidates aspiring for GATE 2022 to get good marks and success as they can plan and strategize beforehand according to GATE Syllabus 2022 Aerospace Engineering.
GATE Syllabus 2022 Aerospace Engineering
Important Note for Candidates: In each of the following subjects the topics have been divided into two categories – Core Topics and Special Topics. The corresponding sections of the question paper will contain 90% of their questions on Core Topics and the remaining 10% on Special Topics
Section1: Engineering Mathematics
- Linear Algebra: Vector algebra,
- Matrix algebra,
- systems of linear equations,
- rank of a matrix,
- eigenvalues and eigenvectors.
- Calculus: Functions of single variable,
- limits, continuity and differentiability,
- mean value theorem,
- chain rule,
- partial derivatives,
- maxima and minima,
- divergence and curl,
- directional derivatives.
- Line, surface and
- volume integrals.
- Theorems of Stokes,
- Gauss and Green.
- Differential Equations: First order linear and nonlinear differential equations,
- higher order linear ODEs with constant coefficients.
- Partial differential equations and
- separation of variables methods.
- Fourier Series,
- Laplace Transforms,
- Numerical methods for linear and
- nonlinear algebraic equations,
- Numerical integration and
- Complex analysis.
- Probability and statistics.
Section 2: Flight Mechanics
- Basics Atmosphere: Properties,
- standard atmosphere.
- Classification of aircraft.
- Airplane (fixed wing aircraft) configuration and various parts.
- Pressure altitude;
- calibrated, indicated air speeds;
- Primary flight instruments: Altimeter,
- ASI, VSI, Turn-bank indicator.
- Angle of attack,
- Roll, pitch & yaw controls.
- Aerodynamic forces and moments.
- Airplane performance: Drag polar; takeoff and landing;
- steady climb & descent;
- absolute and service ceiling;
- range and endurance,
- load factor,
- turning flight,
- V-n diagram.
- Winds: head, tail & cross winds.
- Static stability: Stability & control derivatives;
- longitudinal stick fixed & free stability;
- horizontal tail position and size;
- directional stability,
- vertical tail position and size;
- lateral stability.
- Wing dihedral,
- sweep & position;
- hinge moments,
- stick forces.
- Dynamic stability: Euler angles;
- Equations of motion;
- Decoupling of longitudinal and lateral-directional dynamics;
- longitudinal modes;
- lateral-directional modes
Section 3: Space Dynamics
- Central force motion,
- determination of trajectory and orbital period in simple cases.
- Kepler’s laws;
- escape velocity.
- No Special Topics:
Section 4: Aerodynamics
- Basic Fluid Mechanics: Conservation laws: Mass,
- momentum and energy (Integral and differential form);
- Dimensional analysis and
- dynamic similarity;
- Potential flow theory: sources, sinks,
- doublets, line vortex and
- their superposition.
- Elementary ideas of viscous flows including boundary layers.
- Airfoils and wings: Airfoil nomenclature;
- Aerodynamic coefficients: lift, drag and moment;
- KuttaJoukoswki theorem;
- Thin airfoil theory,
- Kutta condition,
- starting vortex;
- Finite wing theory: Induced drag,
- Prandtl lifting line theory;
- Critical and drag divergence Mach number.
- Compressible Flows: Basic concepts of compressibility,
- One-dimensional compressible flows,
- Isentropic flows,
- Fanno flow,
- Rayleigh flow;
- Normal and oblique shocks,
- Prandtl-Meyer flow;
- Flow through nozzles and diffusers.
- Wind Tunnel Testing: Measurement and visualization techniques.
- Shock – boundary layer interaction.
Section 5: Structures
- Strength of Materials: Stress and strain: Three-dimensional transformations,
- Mohr’s circle,
- principal stresses,
- Three-dimensional Hooke’s law,
- Plane stress and strain.
- Failure theories: Maximum stress,
- Tresca von Mises.
- Strain energy.
- Castigliano’s principles.
- Statically determinate and
- indeterminate trusses and beams.
- Elastic flexural buckling of columns.
- Flight vehicle structures: Characteristics of aircraft structures and materials.
- Torsion, bending and
- shear of thin-walled sections.
- Loads on aircraft.
- Structural Dynamics: Free and forced vibrations of undamped and
- damped SDOF systems.
- Free vibrations of undamped 2-DOF systems.
- Vibration of beams.
- Theory of elasticity: Equilibrium and compatibility equations,
- Airy’s stress function.
Section 6: Propulsion
- Basics: Thermodynamics,
- boundary layers,
- heat transfer,
- combustion and
- Aerothermodynamics of aircraft engines: Thrust, efficiency,
- Brayton cycle.
- Engine performance: ramjet, turbojet,
- turboprop and turboshaft engines.
- Turbomachinery: Axial compressors: Angular momentum,
- work and compression,
- characteristic performance of a single axial compressor stage,
- efficiency of the compressor and
- degree of reaction,
- Centrifugal compressor: Stage dynamics,
- inducer, impeller and
- Axial turbines: Stage performance.
- Rockets: Thrust equation and specific impulse,
- rocket performance.
- Chemical rockets.
- Performance of solid and liquid propellant rockets.
- Aerothermodynamics of non-rotating propulsion components such as intakes combustor and nozzle.
- Turbine blade cooling.
- Compressor-turbine matching,
- Surge and stall.
GATE Syllabus 2022 Aerospace Engineering FAQs
Q1. Where can I check GATE Syllabus 2022 Aerospace Engineering?
Ans. You can check GATE Syllabus 2022 Aerospace Engineering in this article.
Q2. How can I download GATE Syllabus 2022 Aerospace Engineering PDF?
Ans. You can download GATE Syllabus 2022 Aerospace Engineering PDF through the direct link available in the article.
Now keep yourself updated with Latest Engineering Government Jobs 24×7 Download ADDA247 App Now! CLICK HERE