Indian Engineering Community Celebrates Engineers Day every year on 15th September on the birth anniversary of Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya. Sir MV has a flair for engineering complex problems and nation-building. This year in 2021, We’re celebrating the 17th Engineers Day. Here in this post, we are sharing some lesser-known facts about the great Sir MV. Read the post till the end to embrace the success of this legend .
Who was Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya
A Brief about the career of Sir MV..
- Born on 15th September 1861 in Muddenahalli near Chikkaballapur.
- Started his career as one of the most prolific economist, civil engineer, statesman, and dam builder.
- Also served as Diwan of mysore from 1912 to 1918.
- Worked as Chief Engineer and he was the most responsible for the construction of Krishna Raja Sagara Dam situated in Mysore.
- He was also the chief designer of flood protection system in Hyderabad
- He was also awarded “Bharat Ratna” by the Government of India for his outstanding contribution to society.
No doubt, the economic growth, and advancement of the country depend on the Engineer’s ability to transform it. It is important to rejoice in the celebration to keep themselves motivated so that they can efficiently work for the advancement of the country.
Adda247 is Celebrating Engineers Day 2021 in its own way. For the Success of our Engineers, we’re giving offers on our products. Check our Engineers Day Offer
Boost your preparation with the all-new Concept Booster Series by Adda247 Engineering Jobs, this series aims to target all the important engineering exams such as SSC Je 2022, GATE 2022, ESE 2022, and many more. Please reach out to us with your feedback in the comment section.