Table of Contents
CBSE Exam Pattern 2023 for Class 12(New)
The CBSE class 12 exam pattern for 2022–2023 has changed. This year, CBSE will only conduct one exam, unlike the previous session. The pre-covid period exam format has been resumed. Additionally, the syllabus for the CBSE board exam in 2023 won’t change.
- Soon, the CBSE will make the marking rules and sample papers available.
- For the 2023 exam, students are expected to complete the entire syllabus.
- Maximum marks for each subject in the written exam will be 100.
For scoring well in class 12th Click here
CBSE Exam Pattern 2023 for Class 12- No term-wise exams
The Two Term, Divide Exam Policy, which was introduced last year in response to the extraordinary circumstances of the pandemic, would be removed for the 2022–23 session, according to the CBSE Board’s assessment policy. The CBSE Board circular says that during the academic session ending with the 2022–23 school year, the board plans to conduct just one term or one board exam. Questions from the entire curriculum are available on the board’s website, and the exam will be based on the CBSE Curriculum 2022–23.
CBSE Exam Pattern 2023 for Class 12- New Exam Pattern of CBSE 2023
- According to the declaration, there would only be one term or one board examination starting with the 2022–23 academic year (as was formerly the standard).
- The final exams will cover the entire curriculum in accordance with the CBSE curriculum for 2022–2023.
- 40% multiple-choice questions, 20% competency-based questions, and 40% subjective or short/long response type questions will be included on the question papers for the Class 10 board exams in 2023.
- The question papers for Class 12 would consist of 50% long/short type responses, 30% competency-based questions, and 20% objective-based questions.
- The board will soon issue the sample exams for the revised curriculum.
- The board had already issued the curriculum, which wasn’t broken up into terms.
- The Class 12 board exams were finished on June 15, 2022, and the Class 10 board exams were finished on May 24.
CBSE Exam Pattern 2023 for Class 12 Examinations Details
For Annual Year 2022-23, CBSE 12th exam will be conducted approximately in the month of March-April, 2023.
The question paper will contain Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) including case-based MCQs and MCQs on mental ability.
The total duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
CBSE 12th practice paper will also be changed as per the new exam pattern and it will be released by the last week of September 2022, tentatively.
CBSE Exam Pattern 2023 Class 12
Highlights of CBSE Class 12 Exam Pattern in the form of a table.
|Name of Exam
|CBSE Higher Secondary Examination
|Central Board of Secondary Examination(CBSE)
|Mode of Exam
|Once in a year
|Type of Question
|MCQs and Application-Based Questions
|Total Number of Subject
|5 or 6 (As elected)
100 (80 marks in written exams and 20 marks for internal assessments and projects
|33% sectional and 33% total percentage
|Medium of Exam
CBSE Exam Pattern 2023 for Class 12 Qualifying Scheme
According to the latest update regarding the marking scheme provided by the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education), The minimum qualifying marks required to pass board exams is 33% which includes theory, practical and internal assessments. Also, the candidates must secure at least 33% marks to pass the board exam. No reduction in the class 12th syllabus will be in the session 2023 and bifurcation of marks will be as per the pre covid time. i.e., 80 marks for theory and 20 marks for internal assessments.
- To calculate the overall percentage theory and internal assessments marks must be required.
- Only two to five marks can be provided for grace just only for one subject if required.
- Candidates who secured 33% or above aggregate marks but below 33 in any subject he/she has to appear for the supplementary exam.
The detailed pattern of CBSE Class 12 Exam 2023
- Number of Questions: The total number of questions in a subject will be around 25-27. It may change depending upon the subject/stream.
- Nature of Questions: The questions will be a mixture of Subjective and MCQ types.
- Mode of Examination: The board exam will be conducted completely offline. No planning has been done by CBSE for online examinations.
- Duration of Exam: The written examination will take place for a duration of 3 hours.
- Medium of Examination: The question paper will be available in either Hindi or English. The regional language is an optional language paper for the candidates and it shall not be the common medium of examination.
- Marking Scheme: The question paper will carry one mark, two marks, 3 marks, and 5 marks questions.
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking for any subject in the CBSE class 12 board examination.
CBSE Exam Pattern 2023 for Class 12: Important Changes
The first and foremost important change is that the syllabus will not be reduced, students have to cover the entire syllabus to appear in board examination.
1. Objective-type questions in English Language and Literature:
In English Language & Literature, there will be multiple choice questions, fill-in the blanks, reference to context, and synonyms/antonyms from unseen passages.
2. Assertion and Mental ability (Reason-based) Questions in Biology:
The board has removed the multiple-choice questions from Biology and has included assertion and reason-based questions. There will be around 5 one-mark questions but they will be more descriptive in nature. Candidates are suggested not to write answers in the one-word form in Biology.
CBSE Exam Pattern 2023 for Class 12 Preparation Tips
To pass class 12 exams is one of the most important aspects of any student’s life. To get admission in any reputed college or want to pursue any good degree, students must score a good percentage in class 12th. So here we adda247 are providing some tips to score well in class 12th.
- Understand the Syllabus: First of all, understand the syllabus of your stream and then start preparation accordingly and divide the time for each subject.
- Sample Tests: CBSE has released sample papers on its official website. students can download it and start practicing.
- Proper Strategy: The candidate shall have a proper plan and strategy for each and every subject. Set targets for each subject to complete the syllabus and revision. If every target will be achieved successfully then the student will be free of any burden and will get enough time to revise every subject.
CBSE Exam Pattern 2023 for Class 12- FAQs
Ques. When will the CBSE Class 12 board exam be conducted?
Ans: CBSE Class 12 Board Exams 2022 will be conducted in one term only at the end of the financial year in March/April 2022 tentatively.
Ques. Will there be any change in the minimum marks of a subject?
Ans: There will be no change in minimum marks as it will be 33% subjective and 33% aggregate.
Ques. How can I get free study material for the board exam?
Ans: The board has made all the NCERT books and resources available online free of cost for all the students. Candidates can download the same from the official website of CBSE.
Ques. How to download CBSE 12 sample paper?
Ans: In order to download the sample paper, visit the official website of CBSE academic i.e. cbseacademic.nic.in. Click on ‘Sample Question Papers classes X and XII (2021-22)’. On the next appeared page there will be a list of all the subjects and their sample paper and marking scheme. Click on the required subject and download the paper.
Ques. Where can I find the updated CBSE 2023 syllabi?
Ans. CBSE Class 10, 12, and 13 revised syllabi for the 2022-23 board exams are now available on the official website.