The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science for admission into the Master’s Program and Recruitment by some Public Sector Companies. GATE 2022 is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur and six other Indian Institutes of Technology at Mumbai, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Chennai, Roorkee & Indian Institute of Science at Bengaluru on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, The Department of higher education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India.
Organising Institute for GATE 2022 is the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. IIT Kharagpur has released the notifications for GATE 2022 registration on 1st August 2021 and the online registration has been started on 2nd September 2021 and will continue till 24th September 2021. Before applying for the GATE 2022, candidates must check all the important details for the gate 2022 registration process like – important dates, eligibility criteria, documents required, size of scanned documents, etc. mentioned in the article below.
GATE 2022 Registration: Important Dates
IIT Kharagpur has released all the GATE 2022 Important dates. The GATE 2022 Registration notification was released on 1 August 2021, and the GATE 2022 Registration process started on 2nd September 2021. For further details of the GATE Exam read the complete article:
|GATE 2022 Important Dates|
|GATE 2022 Registration notification Release||1 August 2021||Sunday|
|GATE 2022 Registration process starts through GOAPS||02 September 2021||Thursday|
|GATE 2022 Registration Last Date||24 September 2021||Friday|
|GATE 2022 Registration Last date for Fee submission||1 October 2021||Friday|
|Display of Defective Applications to rectify||26 October 2021||Tuesday|
|Last Date of Rectification of application||1 November 2021||Monday|
|Last Date for Correction||12 November 2021||Friday|
|GATE 2022 Admit Card||3 January 2022||Monday|
|GATE 2022 Exam Date||5 February 2022
6 February 2022
12 February 2022
13 February 2022
|GATE 2022 Result||17 March 2022||Thursday|
GATE 2022 Registration: How to apply
GATE 2022 Registration has started on 2nd September 2021, Interested Candidates can fill the GATE 2022 application form through the GOAPS website. Below are the steps are given to fill the GATE 2022 Registration form through GOAPS.
Step1- Visit the GOAPS Portal and then complete the GATE 2022 registration process.
Step 2- Fill the application form for GATE Exam.
Step 3- Upload the requisite scanned documents.
Step 4- Carefully Preview the filled application form.
Step 5- Pay the registration fee.
Step 6 – Submit the GATE 2022 Registration Form.
GATE 2022 Registration: Documents Required
Check all the important information given below about the documents required for GATE 2022 Registration.
Data Requirement for Filling the Application Form:
The following data will be required while filling the online application form for GATE Exam.
- Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.).
Please note that the name of the candidate in the application form must be exactly the same as that in the valid photo ID, which the candidate MUST produce in original while appearing for GATE 2022 examination at the center. GATE 2022 scorecard will be issued as per the name entered in the application form. Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt etc must not be used before a name.
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code
- GATE paper(s) (subject)
- Choice(s) of GATE examination cities
- A high-quality image of the candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified.
- Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified.
- Scanned copy of valid photo Identity Document (ID) (The same ID, in original, must be carried to the exam hall).
- Scanned copy of category (SC/ST) certificate / Pwd certificate / Dyslexia certificate in pdf format (if applicable).
- Net – Banking / debit card / credit card / wallet details for fee payment.
Specifications of Scanned Documents for GATE Exam
- A recent colored passport size photograph of the face of the candidate is required for the application form of GATE 2022.
- The background of the photograph must be WHITE.
- Upload the image of your photo in JPEG / JPG format.
- The maximum size of the photo can be 480 x 640 in pixels and the minimum pixel resolution 240 x 320.
- Photo size must be a minimum of 20 KB and a maximum of 200 KB.
- Upload the image of your signature in JPEG / JPG format.
- The sign should be in black or dark blue color ink only.
- File size must be within 5 KB (minimum) to 200 KB (maximum).
- The maximum image size for the signature can be 160 x 560 in pixels.
- The minimum image size for the signature can be 80 x 280 in pixels.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
GATE 2022 Registration: Step-wise Process
Check the stepwise process to fill in the application form for the GATE 2022 exam.
Step1 – Registration for GATE 2022
A candidate must first register by providing a Full Name (as per the valid photo ID, which candidate MUST bring in original while appearing for GATE 2022 examination at the examination center), a valid e-mail address, mobile number, and by choosing a password.
NOTE: All communications from the GATE Offices will be sent to this email address (ONLY ONE PERSON CAN REGISTER WITH ONE email ADDRESS) and/or mobile number. Give the personal mobile number and email address, because most of the communication will be through e-mail and/or SMS.
- Enrolment ID: Each registered candidate will be provided with an Enrolment ID. Upon registration, an e-mail containing the Enrolment ID will be sent to the candidate. This Enrolment ID will be the reference ID for all future communication until the GATE examination gets over.
- Password: The candidate has to choose a password during Enrolment. This password must be remembered along with the Enrolment ID to login into your account. The length of the password should be 8-15 characters. Keep your password information safe, secure, and confidential.
Step 2- Login and filling the GATE 2022 Application form
After completing the registration process for the GATE Exam candidates come to the next step and have to fill in the following details:
Personal details – Candidate name, Parent’s Name, Date of birth, nationality, etc.
Academic Qualification- Then candidates have to fill in the information related to the educational qualification.
Address Details- Candidates will be asked to fill in the address and permanent address.
Paper choice- Make a paper choice you are appearing for.
GATE Exam Center- A candidate can choose THREE cities from the list of GATE examination cities. All three choices must be from the same GATE 2022 zone.
Identity Proof- Candidates need to enter the type of ID and the number of the same ID.
Step 3- Upload Documents
Upload the scanned images of documents like photos and signatures in the requisite format and size.
Step 4 – Preview the GATE 2022 application form
Before proceeding to payment, the candidate is advised to view the filled-in application form by clicking the “Save and View Application” button. Please check carefully for any errors in the data entered in the application form of the GATE Exam. Once the candidate clicks the “Submit and Proceed to Payment” button, NO further changes to the application can be made.
Step 5 – Payment of GATE 2022 fees
The fee can be paid with net banking /debit/credit card/wallet / UPI. The fee amount and bank charges will be shown to the candidate and he/she will have to confirm and pay. Once the payment is successful, he/she will be redirected back to the GATE 2022 application portal, from where the candidate will be able to download the pdf copy of the submitted application form by clicking the “Download application form” button.
NOTE – The GATE 2022 website allows you to enter the data, save a partially filled form, log out, and resume filling the form by logging in again. The online application process is self-explanatory and user-friendly. Additional help information required in filling various fields will also be made available.