National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) Mumbai
National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) Mumbai was established by the government of India in 1963. When it was started, its name was ‘National Institute of Training in Industrial Engineering. The campus of this college is surrounded by the nature’s beauty of the Powai and Vihar lakes with the Sanjay Gandhi National Park, and a pond.
NITIE Mumbai is renowned for the highest package placements in big companies with a very high rate of return on investments. The placement drive of the year 2021, on of the CTC of the student stood at Rs. 40,00,000. The average Package of the college for the students in the year 2021 was Rs. 20,85,000. Approximately, 44 new recruiters participated in the NITIE Mumbai Recruitment Drive of the year 2021. Tentatively, 44% of the candidates have been placed in the Consulting and IT sectors. For the Summer Internship Placements of the year 2022, approximately 273 candidates were offered placement opportunities. The candidates who have been selected have got Rs. 3,40,000 as the highest stipend for the internship and the average stipend is Rs. 1,60,000.
Programmes offered by NITIE Mumbai
- Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Engineering (PGDIE)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Management (PGDIM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Safety and Environmental Management (PGDISEM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Manufacturing Management(PGDMM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management(PGDPM)
- Fellow Programme
Admission to NITIE Mumbai – Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility for PGDIE / PGDIM / PGDISEM / PGDMM / PGDPM
- Candidates should have an Engineering/Technology graduation degree in any branch with aggregate 60% marks (55% in case of SC/ST/PD candidates).
- Candidates who are currently in their final year of Engineering/Technology degree can also apply.
- Few seats in this program are for Sponsored candidates. The sponsored candidates should be from reputed an Industrial Organization/Academic Institution with at least 2 years of work experience.
Eligibility for Fellow Programme
- Masters degree or equivalent in Engineering/ Technology, Management, Economics, Commerce, Social Science, Life sciences and Pure Sciences with 60% aggregate marks (55% in case of SC/ST/PD candidates) from recognized University/ Institution, CA/ ICWA and ACS.
- Candidates appearing for their final examination in the respective disciplines can also apply.
- Candidates from Industry / Academia with above eligibility and a minimum of two years experience may also apply. They need to produce sponsorship certificate from the employer.
Admission to NITIE Mumbai – Which Scores are Accepted?
|Name of Programme||Score Accepted for that programme|
|Fellow Programme||Application Based|
PGDIM Programme Cut Off
The total number of seats announced in NITIE Mumbai College for the PGDIM programme for the 2022-24 batch are 304.
NITIE Mumbai CAT Cut Off
Name of Category
CAT (Percentile) Cut off (Expected)
PGDISEM Programme Cut Off
The total number of seats for the PGDISEM programme for the 2022-24 batch in NITIE Mumbai College announced is 47. Out of these, 15 seats for Sponsored candidates.
Name of Category
CAT (Percentile) Cut off (Expected)
Admission to NITIE Mumbai – Detailed Procedure
For PGDIE / PGDIM / PGDISEM / PGDMM / PGDPM
After getting shortlisted through the scores of a particular exam, the candidates which have been shortlisted would have to go through the group discussion and/or personal interviews. On the basis of their performance in group discussion and/or personal interview, the final selection of the candidates would be done.
For Fellow Programme
- Candidates are required to fill up an online application form and upload their research proposals.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their educational qualification and research proposal.
- Shortlisted candidates will appear for NITIE admission test and a Writing Skill test at the institute. This will be followed by a Research Presentation and Personal Interview
The PGDIM programme provided by NITIE Mumbai has approximately 304 seats and this programme follows a credit-based curriculum in which the students shall at least earn 117 credits through classroom sessions, internships and field projects. The core subjects that constitute more than fifty percent out of the total credits, build the foundation of the knowledge among the students. The rest subject which are known as electives provide deeper understanding about specialized areas such as Operations and Supply Chain, Marketing, Finance, and Business Strategy etc.
National Institute of Industrial Engineering Mumbai Fees Structure
NITIE Mumbai offers a two-year Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Engineering and Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Management as flagship programmes. The table below has been provided to get the exact idea about the fees to be paid for different courses being offered at NITIE Mumbai.
|Name of Course||Amount to be Paid|
NITIE Mumbai Intake and Duration
|Name of Course||Intake and Duration|
|PGDSM/PGDISEM||Selection criteria: CAT score
|PGDIE||Duration: 2 years
Selection Criteria: GATE score / GD,PI
|PGDIM||Duration: 2 years
Selection Criteria: CAT Score
|PGDPM/ PGDMM||Duration: 2 years
Selection criteria: GATE score
|PGPEX (VLM)||Duration: 1 Year
Selection Criteria: GMAT score + PE + PI
|FPM||Duration: 5 years
Mode: full time/part-time
Selection Criteria: Candidates’ analysis potential, work expertise, publications / Written check + PI/ Research Presentation
NITIE Mumbai Student Life
NITIE Mumbai is a student-run institute which approximately has around thirty Committees and Forums that. These committees and forums are run by the students of NITIE Mumbai and each and every student can be a part of such forums. In an year, these committees of the colleges organize different events such as Sansmaran – Alumni Meet, Avartan – Flagship Business fest of NITIE, Mahamandi, Arohan, Panel discussions, Leadership talks, etc.
NITIE Admission Dates 2022
NITIE Mumbai admission 2022 for all the Post Graduate courses for session 2022 is open. The last date to apply for courses has been given below in the table format,
|Name of Course||Important Dates (Last date to apply)|
|for PGDIM 2022-24||27th December 2021|
|for PGDSM 2022-24||27th December 2021|
|for PGDIE 2022-24||28th February 2022|
|for PGDSM 2022-24 (through GATE)||28th February 2022|
NITIE Mumbai Rankings
NITIE Mumbai has 12th Rank among all the management schools of India in the Institute Rankings by National Institutional Ranking Framework for the year 2020. Times Higher Education (THE) has provided rankings based on the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). NITIE Mumbai is ranked 03rd in India and 68th worldwide in ‘SDG 8 – Decent Work & Economic Growth.
NITIE Mumbai is ranked 12th in the Institute Rankings provided by the Career 360 amongst Top MBA colleges in India in 2020. NITIE Mumbai has been Featured in Top 10 Category of T.I.M.E.’s B-school Rankings 2020. NITIE Mumbai is Ranked 12th in the Top B-schools Ranking 2020 by MBAUniverse.
NITIE Mumbai Latest News
NITIE Mumbai has extended the application dates for Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Engineering (PGDIE) and Post Graduate Diploma in Sustainability Management (PGDSM) Programmes. The last date to apply for these Programmes is 31st March 2022.
The students who could not apply for these programmes shall grab the opportunity to apply and to know more about these programmes, aspirants shall read this page and stay tuned for further updates about NITIE Mumbai Admissions.
NITIE Mumbai Scholarship
The student who have qualified for GATE would get a Government of India teaching assistantship of Rs.8000/- each month and also a contingency grant of Rs. 5000/- every year. The candidates belonging to SC/ST would be granted financial assistance according to the scheme of the Government of India subject to the satisfactory fulfillment of the terms and conditions mentioned. The below given is the list of some of the prominent scholarship programs which the students can avail in NITIE Mumbai campus.
- UCC Ireland Meritorious Scholarship for Indian Students
- Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship
- L & T Build India Scholarship
- Capital first MBA Scholarship
- Pre Matric Scholarship
NITIE Mumbai Placements
During the Recruitment drive of NITIE Mumbai for the year 2021, Approximately 125 companies participated. Out of all the companies, 36 companies were the first time recruiters. Around 484 students participated in the placement drive.
|Batch||2019 – 2021|
|Total Number of Recruiters||125|
|First Time Recruiters||36|
|Highest Salary||Rs. 44,00,000|
|Average Salary||Rs. 19,05,000|
|Major Sectors||Consulting & BFSI|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, Axis Bank, Cipla, Deloitte, and many more|
NITIE Mumbai has already concluded the summer internship placement drive for the year 2021. 123 recruiters were present in this Internship Recruitment drive including 32 first-time recruiters. Some of the major recruiters in this Internship Recruitment drive were Accenture, Amazon, Axis Bank, Cipla, Deloitte, and many more. The major points of the summer internship placement drive are given below-
NITIE Summer Placements
- The batch has in total 474 students for NITIE Mumbai
- The highest stipend was Rs. 3.20,000 every month.
- Students received an average stipend of INR 1.53 Lakhs per month.
- The top 20% of students received an average stipend of Rs. 2,87,000 every month
- 65% of the batch received 6 digit stipend.
- The highest number of internship offers came from the Manufacturing sector followed by the FMCG sector.
NITIE Mumbai – Startups
|Square Yards||Magenta Power||Ivyclique Technology|
|Oasis Energy||Carry Well||Darwin Tech|
|DeepFlux||SalesPanda||Chromas Stones Private Limited|
|Quifers||Live Organic||Matic Networks|
NITIE Mumbai Alumni
NITIE Mumbai has an Alumni Association with the participation of over 10,000 alumni members and that association is responsible for the engagement of current students of NITIE Mumbai and the notable alumni of the institute. This association manages the engagements and summits to assist the current students and also releases the NITIE Alumni Magazine namely, Alumni. Some of the notable alumni of the institute are as follows.
- A.S. Vishwanathan: Executive Director at SISL
- Akhilesh Tutleja: Director, Information Risk Management at KPMG
- Amit Doshi: VP Operations at Genpact
- Ashish Mendiratta: CEO & Co-founder at Advanchainge Pvt. Ltd.
- B. Murli: Head, Logistics in Castrol, India
- B Prasad Rao: Managing Director, Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd.
- B. Ravi: CEO at ECE
- CG Kalu Sarkar: General Manager at Novartis
- Dev Bhattacharya: Group Executive President, BH Solar & Ecom at Aditya Birla Group
- G. Shiva: Vice President at Citibank N.A.
- K.K. Kaul: VP at Hawkins Cooker Ltd.
- S. Balakrishna: GM at Sweets of Oman
- V.K. Garg: Vice President at Vardhman Special Steels
- Manoj Balgi: Sr. Manager Purchase at Britannia Industries Limited
NITIE Mumbai – Maha Mandi
The Marketing Interest Group of NITIE Mumbai has started an initiative in which students from different business schools compete with each other. The profits made by this socio-marketing initiative are utilized for underprivileged children and are donated to an NGO. The profits are increasing each year from this initiative. The initiative has a competitive spirit for the candidates and social responsibility to be fulfilled as well.
NITIE Mumbai Premier League
More often than not, colleges are not preparing facilities for sports and focus more on the curriculum. But sports is fun yet has many benefits on the overall growth of the students, NITIE Mumbai has made sure that students who love cricket get the club or community to play among themselves. For this, the college has started its own premier league of cricket. The community has bidders from NITIE Mumbai and other business schools from India and abroad. The matches of this league are held on the ground of NITIE Mumbai. All the students have very high enthusiasm while playing the cricket on the ground of NITIE Mumbai.
NITIE Mumbai Clubs and Committees
The NITI Mumbai has various clubs and committees and the names of few of those clubs and committees are given below,
- MIG – The Marketing Interest Group
- Arth – NITIE’s Mutual Fund
- Prerana Management Group
- BT Acumen
- IT Syndicate
- Rotract Club
- Spic Macay
- Just Talk