TNPSC Group IV Recruitment: Tamil Nadu Public Services Commission (TNPSC) conducts the combined civil services examination 4 (Group IV) for direct recruitment of candidates in group 4 services every year. The exam is conducted in offline format followed by the document verification and final joining. The interview is done with in the Group 4 exams. The final joining is conducted by the respective departments which was assigned by the commission based on their marks. The following services are included in TNPSC Group 4 exam:
- Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service
- Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service
- Tamil Nadu Survey and Land Records Subordinate Service
- Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service
- Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service
Check the information on Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) Group 4 notification, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, important dates. The Pay Scale will be in Level 8 and Level 10 depending upon the post the candidates are applying for. Here is everything you need to know about the TNPSC Group IV Services 2020.
TNPSC Group 4 Notification 2020: Overview
The TNPSC Group 4 Notification is going to be released in September 2020. Check TNPSC Group 4 important details below:
|Name of the Commission||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)|
|Name of the Examination||Group 4 – Combined Civil Services Examination–IV (Group-IV Services & VAO)|
|Number of Vacancies||6000 (Tentative)|
|Name of the Post||Jr Assistant, VAO, Bill Collector Etc|
|Application Mode||Online Only|
|Starting Date to Apply||September 2020 (Tentatively)|
|Last Date to apply||September 2020 (Tentatively)|
|Last Date to a Pay application fee||October 2020 (Tentatively)|
|Category||Tamil Nadu Govt Jobs|
TNPSC Group IV Notification: Vacancy
Through the TNPSC Group IV Exam, the candidates are recruited for the following posts. The no. of vacancies will be updated with the release of the notification.
|Post Code||Name of Post||Vacancy|
|2025||Village Administrative Officer (VAO) Officer|
|2600||Junior Assistant (Non – Security)|
|2400||Junior Assistant (Security)|
|2500||Bill Collector Grade-I (Post Code:)|
TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment: Eligibility Criteria
All the aspiring candidates of TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment have to abide by all the Eligibility Criteria Decided by the Commission.
There are different educational qualification requirements for the vacancies of VAO, typist, and steno typist grade III, field surveyor, and junior assistant and bill collector. The details of the same are below:
• Village Administrative Officer (VAO), Junior Assistant (Security), Junior Assistant (Non-Security), Bill Collector, and Draftsmen: The candidate must have passed the SSLC exam with the minimum marks that can grant admission to higher secondary courses.
• Typist: The candidate must have passed the SSLC exam with the minimum marks that can grant admission to higher secondary courses and Government Technical Examination in typewriting.
• Steno-Typist (Grade – III): The candidate must have passed the SSLC exam with the minimum marks that can grant admission to higher secondary courses, as well as Government Technical Examination both in typewriting and shorthand.
• Field Surveyor: For the recruitment to the post of a field surveyor, other things being equal, preference would be given to the candidates who are trained in survey in industrial training institutes.
Computer Qualification For Typist and Steno typist Post
Candidates should have passed the certificate course in computer on office automation awarded by the technical education department for the post of Typist and Steno typist to eligible for TNPSC Group IV.
Knowledge in Tamil
Applicants should also have a working knowledge of Tamil Language.
The upper age limit and lower age limit for the candidates is given below. The Age relaxation is applicable for all the posts as per Govt. norms.
|Junior Assistant, Bill Collector, Field Surveyor, Typist, Draftsman, and Steno-Typist (Grade -III).||Minimum: 18 to Maximum: 30|
|Village Administrative Officer (VAO)||Minimum: 21 to Maximum: 30|
Exam Pattern for TNPSC Group 4
The TNPSC Group 4 paper has 300 questions and the duration of the exam is three hours. All the questions will be Objective type. The candidates need to score more than the minimum qualifying marks. The minimum qualifying marks is 90 for all the categories. The questions on General Studies will be set both in English and Tamil and the questions on General Tamil/ General English will be set in the respective languages.
Candidates are given the option to choose either General Tamil or General English for answering the second 100 items apart from answering the first (75+25)100 items on General Studies and Aptitude & Mental Ability Test.
The latest pattern of TNPSC Group 4 exam is as follows:
|Exam Type||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks||Duration|
|Objective Type (SSLC Standard)||General Studies||75||300||90||3 Hours|
|General Tamil / General English||100|
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus
The TNPSC Group 4 syllabus comprises of the following sections.
- General Studies
- Aptitude and Mental Ability test
- General English/General Tamil
Two types of question papers will be set.
Type- 1:-: General Studies (75 items) + Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (25 items) and General English (100 items).
Type-2:-: General Studies (75 items) + Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (25 items) and General Tamil (100 items)
Out of the two types, the candidates are given the choice to opt for any one of them.
Selection Process For TNPSC Group 4 Exam 2020
Based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination, the tentative list of eligible candidates will be announced in the Commission’s website for uploading all the certificates in support of their claim for onscreen certificate verification.
After verification, the eligible candidates will be summoned for counseling to allot the post and Unit / Department in the order of rank and category to which they are eligible as per the vacancy position.
Documents To Upload For TNPSC Group 4 Exam 2020
Important things which you should keep with you while filling the Application Form:
- Scanned copy of your Signature ( 1kb < Size < 12 kb ) in JPG format.
- Scanned copy of your Photo ( 4 kb < Size < 20kb ) in JPG format.
- You should have a valid E-Mail I.D with you which can be used for registration purposes.
- You should have a valid Identity Proof with you.
Application Fee For TNPSC Group 4 Exam 2020
The Fee for the General Category of Candidates is given below. The Ex-Servicemen, OBC, SC, ST, PwD, Destitute Widow of all Communities are exempted from paying the application fee.
Note: The Examination fee should be paid at the time of submitting the online
application for this recruitment.
TNPSC Group 4 Exam 2020: Steps to Apply
- Click on the link mentioned above and you will be redirected to the TNPSC official site directly.
- A page will be opened where you will get the registration and login form.
- If you are already registered for TNPSC Exams, then fill the login details to apply for TNPSC Group 4. But if you are not registered, then first you need to fill the registration form.
- After login, go to “Apply Now” and fill all the required details i.e Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Education Qualification, Address, educational qualifications and all the degrees you hold, etc.
- After that Fill in your communication address and Upload your Photo and signature.
- Before submitting the form, preview your details.
- Once you submit the form, the next step is to pay your fee. The application fee is acceptable in online and offline modes.
- Pay your fee through Debit/Credit card/Net Banking/E-Challan if applicable.
- Click on submit and Your form will be submitted successfully.
- Your Online TNPSC Group 4 application process is completed and you can take print out of the application form for further use
TNPSC Group 4 Exam 2020: Online Form
Eligible and interested candidates may apply online for TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment from July tentatively. The link for the online application is inactive.
Note: The Online Application will be active soon.
TNPSC Group 4 Salary
|Village Administrative Officer||Rs.19,500 – 62,000/-
|Junior Assistant (Security & Non Security)|
|Bill Collector Grade 1|
|Steno-Typist (Grade–III)||Rs.20,600 – 65,500/-
TNPSC Group 4 Exam: Hall Ticket
The candidates who have successfully applied for the TNPSC Group 4 Exam 2020 will be required to download the TNPSC hall ticket/ admit card from the official website of the commission. The same will be made available on this site as well. The hall ticket is released separately for the TNPSC Prelims, Mains and the Interview.
TNPSC Group 4 Answer Key 2020
After conduction of the TNPSC Group 4 Exam, the Commission will release the Answer Key. The candidates will able to view the answer key and have an idea of the marks that they will be able to secure in the Exam.
TNPSC Group 4 Result 2020
After the release of the TNPSC Answer Key, the Result of the TNPSC Exam will be released. The result will be the ticket to appear for the next level of the TNPSC Group 2 Exam.
TNPSC Group 4 Exam 2020: Counselling
After the declaration of the TNPSC Result 2020, the shortlisted candidates will be called to appear for the document verification. After the Verification of the documents, the eligible candidates will be summoned for counselling to allot the post and Unit / Department in the order of rank and category to which they are eligible as per the vacancy position.
Candidates can check more government jobs by clicking on the link given below.
TNPSC Group 4 Notification 2020: FAQ’s
When will the TNPSC Group 4 Notification be released?
Ans. The TNPSC Group 4 Notification is expected to be released in September 2020 (Tentatively).
What is the age limit to apply for the TNPSC Group 4 Exam 2020?
Ans.For the post of TNPSC Group 4 Junior Assistant, Bill Collector, Field Surveyor, Typist, Draftsman, and Steno-Typist (Grade -III) the age limit is 18 to 30 years. Whereas, for the post of Village Administrative Officer (VAO) the age limit is 21 to 30 years.
What is the salary for the TNPSC Group 4 Exam?
Ans. The TNPSC Group 4 appointed candidates will be paid a salary of Rs.19,500 to 65,500/- depending upon the post they are applying for.
What is the syllabus for the TNPSC Group 4 Post Exam?
Ans. There will be three sections General Studies, Aptitude and Mental Ability test, and General English/General Tamil for the TNPSC Group 4 Post Exam.