SSC JE 2021: SSC has released the result and cut off marks for SSC JE 2021 Tier-1 exam on 30th June 2021. The candidates who have appeared in the Tier-1 exam which was conducted from 22nd March 2021 to 24th March 2021 can check the result from the direct link below. Tier02 Exam dates will be released soon by the officials. Also check Eligibility Criteria, Online Application Link, Notification PDF, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, and various important instructions mentioned in this article.
SSC JE 2021 Notification
The recruitment notification for the post of Junior Engineer (Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical ) 2021 was officially released on 01st October 2020 @ssc.nic.in. This is a great opportunity for the candidates looking for an engineering job in Government organizations. Check the important dates and eligibility below.
SSC JE 2021 Vacancies
The commission has released the tentative vacancies for the SSC JE 2021 exam. Candidates can check the vacancy distribution of SSC JE from the table given below:
|Name of Post and Department||UR||EWS||OBC||SC||ST||Total|
|Junior Engineer(Electrical and Mechanical) – Border Road Organization Only Male candidates only||32||8||22||6||12||80|
|Junior Engineer(Civil) – Border Road Organization Only Male candidates only||171||41||112||31||62||417|
|Junior Engineer(Mechanical) – Central Water Commission||2||0||2||0||0||04|
|Junior Engineer(Civil) – Central Water Commission||20||5||14||3||8||50|
|Junior Engineer(Electrical) -Central Public Works Department (CPWD)||23||5||14||3||7||52|
|Junior Engineer(Civil) – Central Public Works Department(CPWD)||113||27||71||20||40||273|
|Junior Engineer(Electrical) – M/o Defence (DGQA-NAVAL)||1||0||1||0||1||03|
|Junior Engineer(Mechanical) – M/o Defence (DGQA-NAVAL)||1||1||2||1||0||05|
|Junior Engineer(Civil) – National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO)||2||0||1||0||0||03|
SSC JE 2021: Important Dates
The important dates for SSC JE 2021 are released by SSC along with its official notification. Check all the Important Dates Here.
Candidates can also check the SSC JE 2021 Important dates in the below table:
|SSC JE 2021 Important Dates|
|SSC JE Notification Date||October 01, 2020|
|Online Form submission Start||October 01, 2020|
|Last Date to Submit Application||October 30, 2020|
|Last Date to Pay Fee Online||November 01, 2020|
|Last Date to Pay Fee Through Challan||November 05, 2020|
|Last Date to Generate Offline Challan||November 03, 2020|
|SSC JE Tier 1 Exam Dates||March 22 to 24, 2021|
|SSC JE 2021 Tier-1 Answer Key||April 06, 2021|
|SSC JE 2021 Tier 1 Result Date||June 30, 2021|
|SSC JE 2021 Tier 2 Exam Date||To be notified later|
|SSC JE 2021 Tier 2 Result Date||To be notified later|
|SSC JE 2021 Final Result Date||To be notified later|
SSC JE Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for SSC JE 2021 Exam, a candidate needs to fulfill the following criteria:
1. Educational Qualification:
|SSC JE Post||Educational Qualification|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||CPWD – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.|
|Junior Engineer (Civil & Mechanical)||Central Water Commission – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Civil/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||CPWD – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||Department of Posts – B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognized University/Institute.|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Department of Posts- B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Electrical engineering from a recognized University/Institute.|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical)||MES – B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute and with 2 years of work experience in electrical/mechanical engineering works.|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||MES – B.E. / B.Tech. in Civil Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institute and with 2 years of work experience in civil engineering works.|
|Junior Engineer (QS&C)||MES – B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognized University/Institute OR Passed Intermediate examination in Building and Quantity Surveying (Sub Divisional-II) from the Institute of Surveyors (India).|
2. Age Limit
(As on 01st January 2021)
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Up to 32 years|
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||Up to 32 years|
|Central Public Works Department (CPWD)||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Up to 32 years|
|Central Public Works Department (CPWD)||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Up to 32 years|
|Military Engineer Services (MES)||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Up to 30 years|
|Military Engineer Services (MES)||Junior Engineer (Electrical and Mechanical)||Up to 30 years|
|Farakka Barrage Project||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Up to 30 years|
|Farakka Barrage Project||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Up to 30 years|
|Farakka Barrage Project||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||Up to 30 years|
|Border Road Organization||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Up to 30 years|
|Border Road Organization||Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical)||Up to 30 years|
|Central Water and Power Research Station||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Up to 30 years|
|Central Water and Power Research Station||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Up to 30 years|
|Central Water and Power Research Station||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||Up to 30 years|
|Directorate of Quality Assurance (Naval)||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||Up to 30 years|
|Directorate of Quality Assurance (Naval)||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Up to 30 years|
|National Technical Research Organization (NTRO)||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Up to 30 years|
|National Technical Research Organization (NTRO)||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Up to 30 years|
|National Technical Research Organization (NTRO)||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||Up to 30 years|
Age Relaxation is given in the table below:
|Category||Age Limit Relaxation|
|Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe||
Other Backward Classes (OBC)
Persons with Disabilities (PwD)
PwD + OBC
|PwD + SC/ ST||15 years|
|03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age|
Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities
SSC JE Application Fee
|1.||General category||RS 100|
|2.||Women’s, SC, ST, PH & Ex-Servicemen||No Fee|
Prerequisites for SSC JE 2021 Application Form:
Important things which you should keep with you while filling the Application Form:
- Scanned copy of your Signature ( 1kb < Size < 12 kb ) in JPG format.
- Scanned copy of your Photo ( 4 kb < Size < 20kb ) in JPG format.
- You should have a valid E-Mail I.D with you which can be used for registration purposes.
- You should have valid Identity Proof with you.
Instructions to fill SSC JE Application Form 2021
- Click on the link mentioned above and you will be redirected to the SSC official site directly.
- A page will be opened where you will get the registration and login form.
- If you are already registered for SSC Exams, then fill the login details to apply for SSC JE. But if you are not registered, then first you need to fill the registration form.
- After login, go to “Apply Now” and fill all the required details i.e Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Education Qualification, Address, educational qualifications, and all the degrees you hold, etc.
- After that Fill in your communication address and Upload your Photo and signature.
- Before submitting the form, preview your details.
- Once you submit the form, the next step is to pay your fee. The application fee is acceptable in online and offline modes.
- Pay your fee through Debit/Credit card/Net Banking/E-Challan if applicable.
- Click on submit and your form will be submitted successfully.
- Your Online SSC JE 2021 application process is completed and you can take a print out of the application form for further use
SSC JE Online Application 2021
To apply online for SSC JE 2021 candidates are required to click on the link below:
SSC JE Important Instructions to Candidates
BEFORE APPLYING, CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO GO THROUGH THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN HERE, VERY CAREFULLY.
- The Commission will not undertake detailed scrutiny of applications for the eligibility and other aspects at the time of written examination and, therefore, the candidature will be accepted only provisionally. The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age, physical standards, etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the post(s) before applying. Copies of supporting documents will be sought at the time of document verification. When scrutiny is undertaken, if any claim made in the application is not found substantiated, the candidature will be canceled and the Commission’s decision shall be final.
- Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD/ExS must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed in the Notice. They should also be in possession of the certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim.
- Candidates with a physical disability of 40% and more only would be considered as Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and entitled to reservation for Persons with Disabilities.
- Central Government Civilian Employees claiming age relaxation should produce a certificate in the prescribed format from their office at the time of document verification in respect of the length of continuous service which should be for not less than three years during the period immediately preceding the closing date for receipt of application. They should remain Central Government civilian employees till the time of appointment in the event of their selection.
- Fee payable: Rupees one hundred only (Rs.100/-) payable through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa, MasterCard, or Maestro Credit/ Debit card. The fee is exempted for all Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation.
- The fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. The fee paid more than once for the same applications with service charges etc. will also not be refunded.
- Candidates should note down and retain ‘Registration-ID’ and ‘Password’ provided to them while making ‘One-Time Registration’ which is required for filling online application.
- When the application is successfully submitted, it will be accepted ‘Provisionally’. Candidates should take the printout of the application form for their own records. The printout of the ‘Application Form’ is not required to be submitted to the Commission at any stage.
- Only one online application is allowed to be submitted by a candidate for Combined Graduate Level Examination-2021. Therefore, the candidates are advised to exercise due diligence at the time of filling their application forms. In case, more than one application of a candidate is detected, the Commission will consider the latest application. If a candidate submits multiple applications and appears in the examination (at any stage) more than once, his/ her candidature will be canceled and he/ she will be debarred from the examinations of the Commission for three years.
- The candidates must write their name, date of birth, father’s name, and mother’s name strictly as given in the matriculation certificate otherwise their candidature may be canceled at the time of document verification or as and when comes into the notice of the commission.
- Applications with illegible/ blurred Photograph/ Signature will be rejected summarily.
- Request for change/ correction in any particulars in the Application Form, once submitted, will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Candidates are advised to fill their correct and active e-mail addresses and mobile numbers in the online application as correspondence may be made by the Commission through e-mail/ SMS.
- The candidates must carry at least one latest photo-bearing identification proof such as Driving License, Voter Card, Aadhaar Card, Identity Card issued by University/ College, Income Tax Pan Card, etc in original to the Examination Venue, failing which they shall not be allowed to appear for the same.
- Mobiles and other electronic gadgets including Bluetooth devices are banned within the premises of the examination centers. Possession of such equipment whether in use or in switch off mode, during the examination will be considered as the use of unfair means. The candidature of such candidates will be canceled. They will be liable for further action including initiation of criminal proceedings and debarment from the commission’s examination up to 3 (three) years, as may be decided by the commission.
- In case of Fake/ fabricated application/ registration by misusing any dignitaries name/ photo, such candidate/ cyber cafe will be held responsible for the same and liable for suitable legal action under the cyber/ IT act.
- lAA the posts carry All India Service Liability (AISL) i.e. the candidate, upon selection, may be asked to serve anywhere in the country.
SSC JE Exam Pattern
- SSC Junior Engineer examination consists of two papers. The candidate should clear Paper 1 first in order to be eligible for Paper 2.
- Candidates who successfully qualify for both the exams will be Participating in the recruitment process and shall be on probation for a period of 2 years.
- During the probation period, Candidates would require to undergo such training or pass an examination as prescribed by the Controlling Authority.
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021: Tier 1
SSC JE Tier 1 comprises 200 questions in total with maximum marks of 200. SSC JE Tier 1 is of 120 minutes. SSC JE Tier I is divided into three sections with 50 questions in two sections namely Reasoning and G.S and 100 in the engineer branch section. Normalization is done by SSC if an exam is conducted in multiple shifts.
The sections asked in SSC JE Tier 1 Exam are:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Awareness
- General Engineering (Civil & Structural) or General Engineering (Electrical) or General Engineering (Mechanical)
The Schema of Tier 1 is explained in Table given below:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||A cumulative time of 120 minutes (160 minutes for disable/Physically handicapped Candidates)|
|General Engineering (Civil & Structural) or General Engineering (Electrical) or General Engineering (Mechanical)||100||100|
- For every wrong question, there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks also.
- In the General Engineering section, candidates have to attempt the sections as per their branches (i.e., either civil or mechanical or electrical).
- If the candidate does not attempt the General Engineering section as per the instructions are given in Paper – I, then his answer sheet will not be evaluated by the board.
Candidates can check the elaborated exam pattern from the link given below.
SSC JE Admit Card 2021
SSC has released the JE Admit Card after the application status for the prelims exam. The Tier 2 exam is scheduled to held from March 21, 2021. Download the admit card from the link given below.
SSC JE Result 2021
- SSC JE Result will be released after a month of the SSC JE Exam.
- Minimum qualifying marks in SSC JE Tier I and Tier II are as follows:
OBC/ EWS: 25%
All other categories: 20%.
- On the basis of their performance in all the Tiers, candidates will be shortlisted for appearing in Medical Examination. Candidates, who are successful in Medical Examination, will be called for detailed Document Verification.
- Marks scored by candidates in Computer Based Examination will be normalized by using the formula published by the Commission through Notice No.1-1/ 2018-P&P-I dated 07-02-2019 and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit and cut off marks.
- Tentative Answer Keys will be placed on the Commission‟s website after the Examination. Candidates may go through the Answer Keys and submit representations, if any within the time limit given by the Commission through on-line modality only, on payment of Rs.100/- per question.
- Any representation regarding Answer Keys received within the time limit fixed by the Commission at the time of uploading of the Answer Keys will be scrutinized before finalizing the Answer Keys and the decision of the Commission in this regard will be final. No representation regarding Answer Keys shall be entertained later.
SSC JE 2021: Centers for Examination
A candidate must indicate the Center(s) in the online Application Form in which he/ she desires to take the examination. Details about the Examination Centers and Regional Offices under whose jurisdiction these Examination Centers are located are as follows:
|Examination Centers &
|SSC Region and
States/ UTs under
the jurisdiction of
|Address of the Regional
Bareilly(3005), Gorakhpur(3007) ,
|Central Region (CR)/
Bihar and Uttar
|Regional Director (CR),
21-23, Lowther Road,
(WB)(4403), Chinsurah (4405),
Sambalpur(4609), Port Blair (4802)
|Eastern Region (ER)/
The Nicobar Islands,
Sikkim and West
|Regional Director (ER),
1st MSO Building,(8th
|Regional Director (KKR),
The commission, 1st Floor,
“E” Wing, Kendriya
|Dy. Director (MPR),
J-5, Anupam Nagar,
|Northern Region (NR)/
NCT of Delhi,
|Regional Director (NR),
Staff Selection Commission,
Block No. 12,
CGO Complex, Lodhi
Road, New Delhi-110003
Dodda (1009), Hamirpur(1202),
Shimla(1203), Bathinda (1401),
and Kashmir and
|Dy. Director (NWR),
Block No. 3, Ground
Floor, Kendriya Sadan,
|Southern Region (SR)/
|Regional Director (SR),
Commission, 2nd Floor, EVK
College Road, Chennai,
Nagpur(7205), Nanded (7206),
Dadra and Nagar
Haveli, Daman and
Diu, Goa, Gujarat
|Regional Director (WR),
The commission,1st Floor,
101, Maharshi Karve
|Regional Director (NER),
Road, P. O. Assam
SSC JE 2021 Resolution of Tie Cases
In the event of a tie in scores of candidates in Tier-I+Teir-II examinations, merit will be decided by applying the following criteria, one after another, till the tie is resolved:
- Total marks of the Tier-II Examination.
- Total marks in the Tier I Examination.
- Date of birth, with the older candidates, placed higher.
- Alphabetical order in which the first names of the candidates appear.
SSC JE 2021 FAQs
Q 1. How to apply for the SSC JE examination.?
Ans: Candidates can apply ONLINE only through SSC official portals only.
Q 2. Which Group class of employment SSC JE offers.?
Ans: SSC JE examination offers Group ‘B’ posts.
Q 3. Who can apply for the SSC JE exam.?
Ans: All candidates who possess a Diploma in engineering or engineering graduates are eligible for SSC JE exams.
Q 4. Which engineering branch is allowed for SSC JE exams.?
Ans: Candidates having a diploma/ degree in Civil, Mechanical & Electrical are eligible.
Q 5. Is the SSC JE exam online or offline.?
Ans: SSC conducts the JE exam prelims exam online while the descriptive paper (mains) is offline.