English Grammar MCQ: Welcome to Adda 247. ADDA 247 Bengali is giving you English Grammar MCQ for all competitive exams including WBCS, WBSSC, WBP, WBPSC, RAIL, and BANK. Here you get Multiple Choice Questions and Answers with Solutions every day. Here you will find all the important questions and answers that will help you increase your knowledge and move you towards fulfilling your goals. Study these English Grammar MCQs regularly and succeed in the exams.
|English Grammar MCQ|
|Topic||English Grammar MCQ|
|Used for||All Competitive Exams|
English Grammar MCQ
Directions (1-10): In the following questions the 1st and the last part of the sentence/passage are numbered 1 and 6. The rest of the sentence/ passage is split into four parts and named P, Q, R and S. These four parts are not given in their proper order. Read the sentence/passage and find out which of the four combinations is correct.
Q1. 1. The next morning I found myself somewhat refreshed but very hungry
- I asked him to let me help unload the vessel.
- I noticed I was near a large ship.
- I went at once to the captain.
- It was unloading a cargo of pig iron.
- I wanted to earn money for food.
Q2. 1. One of my friends Krishnan went to live in a village
- But it was a very slow animal.
- So Krishnan bought a donkey for 200 rupees.
- One day his new neighbor told him that he must buy a donkey.
- Every family there had a donkey to carry things for them.
- It did not like to work.
Q3. 1. The only choice
- university will be to.
- tuition fees to meet.
- left before the Indian.
- substantially raise the.
- the rising expenditure.
Q4. 1. Osteoarthritis in the knee is a problem that affects millions of people
- And so it reduces disability and improves quality of life.
- Due to muscle flexibility there is less pain.
- Knee exercises are done sitting in a chair or lying on one’s back.
- Knee exercises help prevent joint stiffness and strengthen muscles around the joint.
- Exercises that help thigh muscles without involving weight bearing are safe and effective.
Check More: SSC CGL টিয়ার 1 পরীক্ষার ফলাফল 2022 প্রকাশিত
Q5. 1. Another way for people to economize at an amusement park is to bring their own food
- Also, instead of filling up on soft drinks, they should bring a thermos of iced tea.
- Instead they should pack a nourishing, well balanced lunch of cold chicken, carrot sticks, and fruit.
- They will also save on calories.
- They will avoid having to pay high prices for hamburgers and hot dogs.
- Every dollar that is not spent at the refreshment stand is one that can be spent on another ride.
Q6. 1. The vegetable bin of my refrigerator contained an assortment of weird-looking items
- The carrots dropped into U shapes as I picked them up with the tips of my fingers.
- To the right of the oranges was a bunch of carrots that had begun to sprout points, spikes and tendrils.
- Near the carrots was a net bag of onions.
- Next to a shriveled, white-coated lemon were two oranges covered with blue fuzz.
- Each onion had sent curling shoots through the net until the whole thing resembled a man of green spaghetti.
Q7. 1. One reason for studying Psychology is to help you deal with your children
- Offer her a choice of staying up till 7:30 with you or going upstairs and playing until 8:00.
- A little knowledge of Psychology comes in handy.
- Since she gets to make the choice, she does not feel so powerless and will not resist.
- Perhaps your daughter refuses to go to bed when you want her to and bursts into tears at the mention of lights out.
- Psychology is also useful in rewarding a child for a job well done.
Q8. 1. Industrial Revolution started in England
- But with the passage of time, the advantages of the revolution began to trickle in.
- This resulted in large scale disenchantment with the revolution.
- Mass producing machines became the order of the day.
- However, rural artisans lost their livelihood.
- And people accepted the revolution whole heartedly.
Q9. 1. Another area that technology is changing is entertainment
- Walking along the street, or sitting in their living rooms, they wear headphones to build a wall of music around them.
- Music, for instance, was once a group experience.
- For many people, now, however, music is a solitary experience.
- People used to listen to music in concert halls or at small social gatherings.
- Now, movie entertainment is changing too.
Q10. 1. Heat is one of the prerequisites of life
- Without heat, no living organism can survive on Earth.
- In other words, the Earth will become a barren mass of land without heat.
- This is supplied by the solar radiation.
- The solar heat reaching the Earth’s orbit amounts to about 2 calories per sq. centimeter per minute.
- But the Earth gets only less than half the radiation reaching the top of the atmosphere.
English Grammar Solution
Also Check :
|Adda247 Bengali Home Page||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
English Grammar MCQ প্রতিদিন ADDA 247 বাংলা 10 টি করে English Grammar MCQ সহ Answers এবং Solution দিচ্ছে। WB TET,WBCS, WBP, WBSSC, BANK, RAIL সমস্ত প্রতিযোগিতামূলক পরীক্ষার জন্য English Grammar MCQ Solution অত্যন্ত গুরুত্বপূর্ণ। History, Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Economics, Polity এবং Daily Reasoning এর নতুন নতুন অনেক MCQ পরীক্ষার্থীদের সকল প্রতিযোগিতামূলক পরীক্ষায় সাফল্য আনতে সাহায্য করবে। প্রতিযোগিতামূলক উত্তীর্ণ হওয়ার চাবিকাঠি Mathematics এবং Reasoning। Daily Mathematics এবং Reasoning প্র্যাক্টিস যেকোনো পরীক্ষার্থীকে সাফল্যের দোরগোড়ায় পৌঁছে দেবে।