English Grammar MCQ: Welcome to Adda 247. ADDA 247 Bengali is giving you English Grammar MCQ for all competitive exams including WBCS, WBSSC, WBP, WBPSC, RAIL, and BANK. Here you get Multiple Choice Questions and Answers with Solutions every day. Here you will find all the important questions and answers that will help you increase your knowledge and move you towards fulfilling your goals. Study these English Grammar MCQs regularly and succeed in the exams.
|English Grammar MCQ|
|Topic||English Grammar MCQ|
|Used for||All Competitive Exams|
English Grammar MCQ
Q1. Identify the best way to improve the bold part of the given sentence. If there is no improvement required, select ‘No improvement’-
The masses, though well intentioned, preferable to remain passive spectators.
(a) prefer to remain
(b) prefers to remaining
(c) No improvement.
(d) had preferred to remaining
Q2. Choose the most appropriate option to change the narration (direct/indirect) of the given sentence.
The old lady said, “May God bless you and give you all you desire in life!”
(a) The old lady says that may God bless you and give you all you desire in life.
(b) The old lady said that God may bless you and give you all you desire in life.
(c) The old lady said that God will bless me and give me all I desire in life.
(d) The old lady wished that God would bless me and give me all I desired in life.
Q3. Choose the most appropriate option to change the voice (active/passive) form of the given sentence.
They are selling very good stationery here.
(a) Very good stationery sells here.
(b) Very good stationery is being sold here.
(c) Stationery selling here is very good.
(d) Stationery selling has been very good here.
Q4. Select the word which means the same as the group of words given.
The act of compelling or forcing authority on others.
Check More: SSC MTS টিয়ার 2 ফলাফল 2020 প্রকাশিত হয়েছে
Q5. Given below are four jumbled sentences. Pick the option that gives their correct order.
- This move is part of the government’s reform agenda for PSBs under Enhanced Access and Service Excellence Programme (EASE) 2.0.
- Banks have already agreed to keep branches operational for customers for uniform working hours in one location and this will be another step towards standardizing operating hours.
- Under EASE a banker’s panel has recommended that every region adopt one of three six-hour time slots -9 am to 3 pm, 10 am to 4 pm or 11 am to 5 pm.
- Public sector banks (PSBs) across the country will soon have standard operating hours as per a recent move.
Q6. Choose the most appropriate option to change the voice (active/passive) form of the given sentence.
Were all formalities completed by you?
(a) Did you complete all formalities?
(b) Have you completed all formalities?
(c) Have you been completing all formalities?
(d) Will you complete all formalities?
Q7. Choose the most appropriate option to change the narration (direct/indirect) of the given sentence.
“Don’t use your mobile while crossing the road,” I said to him.
(a) I told him to not to use his mobile while crossing the road.
(b) I advised him not to use his mobile while crossing the road.
(c) I am advising him not to use his mobile while crossing the road.
(d) I said him not to use his mobile crossing the road.
Q8. Select the most appropriate idiom (in the context) to fill in the sentence.
He tries to perform well but good projects done by him are ______. He needs to put in extra effort.
(a) on edge
(b) walking on air
(c) few and far between
(d) going with the flow
Q9. Given below are four jumbled sentences. Pick the option that gives their correct order.
- In the study, researchers found that kids who experienced their growth spurt late had lower than average bone density in young adulthood.
- Teens who hit puberty late may end up with weaker bones, a new study finds.
- However, they continue to have lower bone strength even after they finish growing and may be at greater risk for osteoporosis in adulthood.
- These later maturing teens do catch up with early maturing teens in terms of bone strength.
Q10. Given below are four jumbled sentences. Pick the option that gives their correct order.
- Having cancer is often one of the most stressful experiences in a person’s life.
- They also allow people to learn from others facing similar situations.
- The groups are gaining popularity these days as they allow volunteers to talk with those who are living with cancer.
- But these days there are support groups that help patients cope with the emotional aspects of cancer by providing an opportunity to share feeling and challenges they face with others.
Check Also: WB ANM and GNM Result 2022 Out
English Grammar Solution
S1. Ans. (a)
Sol. ‘Prefer to remain’ as with infinitive V1 is the correct verb form.
S2. Ans. (d)
S3. Ans. (b)
S4. Ans. (c)
Sol. Volition: the faculty or power of using one’s will.
Scion: a descendant of a notable family.
Aspersion: an attack on the reputation or integrity of someone or something.
S5. Ans. (d)
S6. Ans. (a)
S7. Ans. (b)
S8. Ans. (c)
Sol. Few and far between: scarce; infrequent.
S9. Ans. (b)
S10. Ans. (b)
Also Check :
|Adda247 Bengali Home Page||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
English Grammar MCQ প্রতিদিন ADDA 247 বাংলা 10 টি করে English Grammar MCQ সহ Answers এবং Solution দিচ্ছে। WB TET,WBCS, WBP, WBSSC, BANK, RAIL সমস্ত প্রতিযোগিতামূলক পরীক্ষার জন্য English Grammar MCQ Solution অত্যন্ত গুরুত্বপূর্ণ। History, Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Economics, Polity এবং Daily Reasoning এর নতুন নতুন অনেক MCQ পরীক্ষার্থীদের সকল প্রতিযোগিতামূলক পরীক্ষায় সাফল্য আনতে সাহায্য করবে। প্রতিযোগিতামূলক উত্তীর্ণ হওয়ার চাবিকাঠি Mathematics এবং Reasoning। Daily Mathematics এবং Reasoning প্র্যাক্টিস যেকোনো পরীক্ষার্থীকে সাফল্যের দোরগোড়ায় পৌঁছে দেবে।