English Grammar MCQ: Welcome to Adda 247. ADDA 247 Bengali is giving you English Grammar MCQ for all competitive exams including WBCS, WBSSC, WBP, WBPSC, RAIL, and BANK. Here you get Multiple Choice Questions and Answers with Solutions every day. Here you will find all the important questions and answers that will help you increase your knowledge and move you towards fulfilling your goals. Study these English Grammar MCQs regularly and succeed in the exams.
|English Grammar MCQ|
|Topic||English Grammar MCQ|
|Used for||All Competitive Exams|
English Grammar MCQ
Directions (1-10): In the following questions, the 1st and the last part of the sentence/passage are numbered 1 and 6. The rest of the sentence/ passage is split into four parts and named P, Q, R and S. These four parts are not given in their proper order. Read the sentence/passage and find out which of the four combinations is correct.
Q1. Work with retarded children, in particular, involves superhuman patience and long – delayed rewards.
- Another woman faithfully spent two hours a day, five days a week, with a bed – ridden retarded girl.
- It was three years before the girl made her first cut in a piece of paper.
- The girl had never before responded to, or recognized anyone.
- One woman decided to teach a young brain – damaged girl how to use scissors.
- After five years, the girl finally began to smile, when her foster grandparents entered the room.
Q2. He tried to open the door.
- The room was neat and clean.
- Then he stepped into the room.
- He waited for a minute or two.
- It opened easily and he peeped in.
- He was careful not to touch anything.
Q3. Frozen foods are so popular today that many people wonder how they ever lived without them.
- Near the North Pole, where the ground stays frozen all the year around, there is no problem of preserving foods.
- Actually, people who live in cool climates have had frozen foods for a long time.
- Ice helped them when they could get it, but they couldn’t get it very often.
- But people who live in warm climates have not always been able to keep food fresh.
- Now refrigerators and deep freezers preserve many foods that could not be kept any other way.
Q4. Jawaharlal Nehru was born on November 14
- He loved children.
- On this day, children take part in many activities.
- Sports, music, drama and debates are arranged in schools.
- That is why his birthday is celebrated as Children’s Day.
- Exhibitions of photographs of Pandit Nehru showing his life time are also arranged in some schools.
Q5. For a conversation to be stimulating and sustained. The participants must be active talkers as well as active listeners.
- This is usually unnecessary, confusing and even boring to your partner.
- Some people felt that they have to give long – winded explanations of their views.
- Make a point of throwing the conversational ball to the other person after you have presented your ideas in a bridged form.
- Be sure to do both in conversation.
- It’s better to paint the big picture first, and if your partner wants to know more, you can always fill in with details.
Q6. When you leave your house concentrate your mind on a subject.
- Bring the mind back by the scruff of the neck.
- You cannot by any chance fail if you persevere.
- before you have reached the station you will have brought it back about 40 times.
- You will not have gone ten yards before your mind has skipped away under your very eyes and is playing round the corner with another subject.
- It is idle to pretend that your mind is incapable of concentration.
Q7. Have you ever thought of the ways in which birds are useful to man?
- Again, there are some birds that help us to keep our surroundings clean by removing dead animals and decaying matter.
- A bird eats hundreds of insects every day, and thus helps to limit the insect population of the world.
- Their service to man is to check the growth of insects.
- Another service done by birds to man is to kill animals like rats and squirrels which destroy the farmers crops.
- Finally, birds and their eggs form an important part of man’s food.
Q8. Does the arrival of a particular species of migratory birds herald the onset of monsoon?
- They have sighted the pied crested cuckoos, inhabitants of the African continent.
- If their belief is correct then the rains are round the corner.
- Ornithologists at the Bombay National History Society believe so.
- They normally migrate to the Indian sub- continent just before the monsoon season for breeding.
- These birds have been observed to reach India just prior to the rains.
Q9. When the earth rumbles and trembles and we feel the floor moving away from under our feet. You can be sure that it is an earthquake.
- We now know that under the hard earth crust, there are large, thick, rocky plates floating on molten rock.
- She punished them by causing earthquakes and tidal waves and making volcanoes erupt.
- Now we know that this is only a myth.
- In olden days when man did not know what caused earthquake, he believed that it occurred when mother earth was angry with her wicked children.
- As these rock plates are not on solid ground they constantly move or rub against each other causing earth tremors.
Q10. Anxiety is a normal human response to stress.
- However if anxiety is excessive, the individual becomes helpless and cannot cope with the anxiety – provoking situation.
- Such anxieties stimulate the individual to take appropriate steps to cope with a stressful situation.
- Anxiety before an examination or while waiting to catch the last bus home are common experiences.
- The person experiences psychological and physical discomfort.
- This kind of anxiety is abnormal anxiety and acquires a pathological nature.
Check Also: IBPS RRB PO অ্যাডমিট কার্ড 2022
English Grammar Solution
S1. Ans. (d)
S2. Ans. (d)
S3. Ans. (c)
S4. Ans. (b)
S5. Ans. (b)
S6. Ans. (d)
S7. Ans. (b)
S8. Ans. (b)
S9. Ans. (c)
S10. Ans. (b)
Also Check :
|Adda247 Bengali Home Page||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
English Grammar MCQ প্রতিদিন ADDA 247 বাংলা 10 টি করে English Grammar MCQ সহ Answers এবং Solution দিচ্ছে। WB TET,WBCS, WBP, WBSSC, BANK, RAIL সমস্ত প্রতিযোগিতামূলক পরীক্ষার জন্য English Grammar MCQ Solution অত্যন্ত গুরুত্বপূর্ণ। History, Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Economics, Polity এবং Daily Reasoning এর নতুন নতুন অনেক MCQ পরীক্ষার্থীদের সকল প্রতিযোগিতামূলক পরীক্ষায় সাফল্য আনতে সাহায্য করবে। প্রতিযোগিতামূলক উত্তীর্ণ হওয়ার চাবিকাঠি Mathematics এবং Reasoning। Daily Mathematics এবং Reasoning প্র্যাক্টিস যেকোনো পরীক্ষার্থীকে সাফল্যের দোরগোড়ায় পৌঁছে দেবে।