All Changes for SSC CGL 2022 Exam: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has rolled out the most awaited SSC CGL 2022 Notification at its official website www.ssc.nic.in. Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is an Indian organization to recruit staff for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and it is good news for all government job aspirants as 20,000 tentative vacancies are released for the year 2022-23. The SSC has made huge and historic changes in the SSC CGL 2022 Recruitment to smoothen the SSC CGL selection process as earlier it was a lengthy procedure.
SSC CGL 2022 Selection Process Changed
From now onwards SSC will select the candidates on the basis of Tier 1 and Tier 2 only. Tier 3 and Tier 4 are now merged with Tier 2. There will be three papers in tier 2 in which paper is compulsory for all posts. SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 1 consists of three new modules. This milestone change will bring a positive effect on the recruitment process and candidates will get relief from the lengthy procedure. Candidates can scroll down for the new exam pattern under SSC CGL Tier 2.
Changes in SSC CGL 2022 Recruitment Process
- The SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam is for screening and qualifying in nature.
- The Final Selection will be based on SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam.
- In SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam, there will be 3 papers i.e. Paper 1, 2, and 3.
- Paper I is Compulsory for all posts, Paper II is for candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and Paper III is for candidates who apply for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
- In SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 1, there will be 3 Sections and each section will have 2 Modules.
- Section 1 of Paper 1 consists of Mathematics Abilities & Reasoning. Section 2 of Paper 1 consists of English Language and Comprehension & General Awareness and Section 3 will be qualifying in nature consisting of Computer Knowledge Test & DEST.
The detailed SSC CGL 2022 Tier 2 Exam Pattern has been discussed below along with the changes made by SSC this year.
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 1 Exam Pattern
|Sections||Module||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Weightage||Duration|
|Section I||Module-I||Mathematical Abilities||30||90||23%||1 hour|
|Module-II||Reasoning and General Intelligence||30||90||23%|
|Section II||Module-I||English Language and Comprehension||45||135||35%||1 hour|
|Section III||Module-I||Computer Knowledge Test||20||60||Qualifying||15 minutes|
|Module-II||Data Entry Speed Test||One Data Entry Task||Qualifying||15 minutes|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 2 & 3 Exam Pattern
|Paper||Section||No. of question||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Paper II||Statistics||100||200||2 hours|
|Paper III||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200||2 hours|
Comparison Between Previous & New SSC CGL Selection Process
The SSC CGL Selection Process new versus the old is tabulated below for your reference.
|SSC CGL 2021-22||SSC CGL 2022-23|
|SSC CGL Previous Year Paper||SSC CGL Cut Off(Previous Year)|
|SSC CGL Salary 2022||SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2022|
All Changes for SSC CGL 2022 Exam – FAQs
Q1. Is SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam 2022 qualifying or not?
Ans. Yes, SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam 2022 is qualifying in nature.
Q2. What is the Selection process for SSC CGL 2022?
Ans. The SSC CGL 2022 Selection Process includes 2 Tiers i.e Tier 1 & Tier 2 (consists of 3 Papers).