SBI SO Exam
State Bank of India recruits candidates to fill in the vacancies of a Specialist Officer through SBI SO Exam. The Specialist Officer in SBI is recruited both on a regular and contract basis. Interested candidates can fill in the online application form for SBI SO Exam. The posts offered through SBI SO Exam are that of a Chief Manager, Digital System Architect, Analyst, UI/UX Designer etc.
SBI SO 2017 Exam Notification
The online application of SBI SO 2017 Exam was released on 26th April 2017. The last date for receiving payment for application of this exam was 12th May 2017.
SBI SO 2017 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria are different for different positions that are filled through SBI SO 2017 exam. A candidate must fulfill the eligibility criteria for different positions for which they have applied in order to qualify for further processes. For Chief Manager (Cost Accountant)
For Digital System Architect
- CA/ICWA degree from a recognized Board. Preference will be given to candidates holding a degree in B.Tech/BE (CSE /IT) / MCA/ M.Sc., (CS/IT) from a recognized University/Institution prior to CA/ICWA.
- Age Limit– Min 30 years & Max 45 years
- Minimum of 7 years’ of industry experience in the field of activity-based costing/technology consultancy/ cost center accounting.
For System / Business Analyst
- Engineering Graduate in Computer Science/Information Technology / Electronics or MCA/MSc (IT) / MSc (Computer Science) from Government University / Institute
- Age Limit– Max 40 years
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Architecture of the web and mobile applications
For Analyst (Analytics)
- Engineering graduate in Computer Science/Information Technology/ Electronics or MCA/M.Sc. (IT)/ Msc. (Computer Science) with MBA in System / Finance/ Operations
- Age Limit – Max 40 years
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT Business Analyst role.
For WAS Administrator
- Degree in Statistics or equivalent qualification from reputed University or Institute preferably Indian Institute of Statistics
- Age Limit– Max 35 years
- Minimum 3 years of experience in data modelling, strategic planning, business model analysis, process design, systems analysis etc.
For UX Designer
- Engineering graduate in Computer Science /Information Technology / Electronics or M.Sc. (IT/Computer Science) / MCA from Government recognized University / Institute. It is required for a candidate to be IBM Certified WAS ND Administrator (WAS 8 or Higher).
- Age Limit) – Max 40 years
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in implementing large/ complex IT projects. Out of which minimum 5 years of extensive experience in managing WAS ND, HIS / IIS as a Lead WAS ND administrator.
- Engineering graduates in Computer Science /Information Technology / Electronics or MCA from a Government recognized University / Institute are preferred.
- Age Limit– Max 35 years
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in IT sector in UX design & development.
SBI SO 2017 Exam Application Fees
A candidate is required to pay Rs. 600/- (General and OBC) as their application fee for SBI SO 2017 exam. The same amount is narrowed down to Rs. 100/- for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category.
SBI SO 2017 Selection Process
Candidates are selected through an interview process for different posts filled through SBI SO 2017. The qualifying marks will be decided by State Bank of India. A candidate is required to bring all the necessary documents for the interview process.
SBI SO 2017 Salary For regular positions
The gross salary of Chief Manager selected through SBI SO 2017 Exam including HRA, PF, DA, CCA etc. amounts to Rs. 21.78 Lacs. For Contractual positions
The compensation package (CTC) for candidates selected for contractual positions is variable and is to be decided by the Bank. The pay scale won’t be a limiting factor for a suitable candidate.
SBI SO 2017 Preparation
As the selection procedure is through Interview Process, a candidate is required to brush up his/her basic concepts. Candidates can refer to online books available for the preparation of SBI SO 2017 exam.