UPSC CSE Prelims 2021 Examination
UPSC Prelims 2021 GS Paper II: UPSC CSE Prelims 2021 was conducted today. The UPSC CSE Prelims examination was conducted in two shifts. In the first shift, the UPSC Prelims’ first paper (GS 1) was conducted between 9:30 to 11:30 AM. In the second shift, the second Paper (CSAT) of UPSC CSE Prelims 2021 was conducted between 2:30 to 4:30.
Click on the links below to download the question paper, detailed analysis, and Answer key
UPSC Prelims 2021 Detailed Analysis of GS Paper 1, Subject-wise difficulty level and Expected Cut-off for each category
UPSC CSE Prelims 2021 Examination- Importance of CSAT Paper (GS Paper 2)
UPSC Prelims 2021 CSAT: Here, we would like to tell you that the cut-off of the UPSC Prelims 2021 is prepared based on the marks fetched by the aspirants in GS Paper 1. In the GS paper 2 (CSAT), candidates have to only secure minimum qualifying marks that are 1/3rd of the total (66.67 marks).
Most of the candidates found the CSAT paper difficult. The first impression of experts also found CSAT Paper to be on the moderately difficult side. Candidates must secure at least one-third marks in CSAT Paper to be considered for prelims cut-off preparation.
UPSC CSE Prelims 2021 Examination- GS Paper-2 Difficulty Level
- Comprehension: Questions Continue to be on the tougher side like last year.
- Difficult comprehension questions continue to dominated CSAT Paper. Most of the comprehensions were followed by just one question.
- This makes it a time-consuming affair and also certainty of marking the right answer is very low in comprehension questions.
- Hence, questions in CSAT Paper from the comprehension section continue to be on the difficult side. Aspirants should focus on math questions in order to be sure to get minimum qualifying marks in the UPSC CSE Prelims CSAT Paper.
- Reasoning and Aptitude: Questions were on predicted lines with a moderate level of difficulty
- Aspirants and experts alike found questions from this section comparatively easy and on the predicted lines.
- Aspirants who attempted questions from these sections should comfortably qualify in the CSAT Paper 2021.
UPSC Prelims 2021- Category-wise Expected Cut-off
As said earlier, the paper was difficult. So, if you are scoring 90+. DO START preparing for mains. For those scoring less than 90 marks, do not leave the preparation. No one knows about the cut-off. You have already seen the reduction in UPSC Prelims cutoff 2020 from UPSC Prelims cutoff 2019. So, take a brief break and start the next course of action.
UPSC Prelims 2021 expected cutoff