UPSC CSE Mains 2021 Preparation Strategy
UPSC Prelims 2021 exam was recently concluded. The UPSC Prelims 2021 paper was on the tougher side of the spectrum and left many aspirants disheartened. Many prestigious institutes including Adda 247 have released prelims 2021 cut-off (expected). To see your prelims 2021 score, click here.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Civil Services exam each year in three phases- Prelims, Mains and Interview. Candidates who qualify UPSC Prelims are invited for writing UPSC Mains examination and candidates who qualify Mains are asked to appear in the Interview. UPSC Prepares a list of selected candidates based on the Mains and Interview marks of appearing candidates.
UPSC CSE Mains 2021 Preparation Strategy- UPSC Mains Exam Date
UPSC Mains 2021 exam is scheduled to take place from 7th January 2021. Given the limited amount of time available for the UPSC Mains preparation, it is vital for the aspirants to plan their UPSC mains preparation strategy accordingly.
UPSC Mains 2021 Exam: IAS Mains Subject List and Mains & Interview Marks Distribution
|Title of the Paper||Marks Allotted|
|Essay writing||250 Marks|
|General Studies–I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History, and Geography of the World and Society)||250 Marks|
|General Studies –II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)||250 Marks|
|General Studies –III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio‐diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)||250 Marks|
|General Studies –IV (Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude)||250 Marks|
|Optional Subject – Paper 1||250 Marks|
|Optional Subject – Paper 2||250 Marks|
|Sub Total in the written Test||1750 Marks|
|Personal Interview||275 Marks|
|Grand Total||2025 Marks|
UPSC CSE Mains 2021- Syllabus of UPSC Mains GS Paper 1
|GS PAPER 1:
§ Distribution of key natural resources across the world (including South Asia and the Indian subcontinent);
§ Factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sector industries in various parts of the world (including India);
UPSC CSE Mains 2021- Maximize marks in UPSC Mains GS Paper 1
UPSC Mains GS Paper 1 consists of many static portions of the syllabus that are History (culture, Indian and World History), Indian Society and Geography. We will here discuss strategies to fetch maximum marks in the GS Paper 1 in the coming UPSC Mains 2021 examination.
UPSC Mains 2021 Exam- History
- Culture: Revise what you have read for the UPSC Prelims exam with a more elaborative and analytical approach. Hardy one or two questions are asked from this section, so spending too much time on this does not have a good cost-benefit ratio.
- Modern Indian History: Focus more on the events of the freedom struggle and also events after we got the independence in 1947. Here, also you should not dive too deep into it, given the less amount of time you have after the prelims. So, solve past year’s questions and focus on answer writing and framing your answers in a better manner. Try to cover more dimensions in your answers that show your understanding of the topic to the examiner.
UPSC Mains 2021 Exam- Society
- Society covers various aspects of Indian society, its interactions and evolution in a globalized world, etc. Here, you must comprehensively cover current affairs along with the static portion. You must learn about the various issues, challenges and opportunities for the weaker section in the society. You should only refer to one book for reference on various topics and try to link it to various current events. Your answers in the mains should reflect both static portion and associated current events. This shows your understanding of the concerned issue to the examiner.
UPSC Mains 2021 Exam- Geography
- Like society, UPSC Mains questions from geography also often have a link to current events, Like, there can be a question on hurricane/cyclone if there was a cyclone/hurricane in the recent past. Here also, you must have a good understanding of the concept and then link it to the current event.
All the Very Best to all the Civil Services Aspirants who are sweating day and night to make their dream of becoming a civil servant a reality.
Related UPSC CSE 2021 Exam Articles you may find useful
- UPSC CSE Prelims 2021- Detailed Analysis of CSAT Paper and Category-wise expected Cut-off in GS Paper 1
- UPSC CSE Prelims 2021- Detailed Analysis | Category-wise expected Cut-off in GS Paper 1
- UPSC CSE Prelims 2021 Answer Key- GS Paper 1 Difficulty Level and Detailed Answer Key
- UPSC CSE Prelims 2021 Exam Analysis- GS Paper 1 Difficulty Level, First Impression by Aspirants who appeared in the UPSC Prelims 2021 and Download PDF of GS Paper 1
- UPSC Prelims cut-off Analysis
- UPSC Prelims 2021 Concluded: Gear-up for UPSC Mains Exam irrespective of your score in Prelims
- UPSC Mains 2021 Exam Preparation Strategy- How to Prepare for UPSC Mains in Less than 3 Months?
- UPSC CSE Mains 2021 Preparation Strategy: Steps to Boost Your Marks in Essay Papers
- UPSC CSE Mains 2021 Preparation Strategy: Steps to Boost Your Marks in Ethics Paper