As we know that the aspirants who clear the UPSC Civil Services Prelims Examination 2020 will be shortlisted based on the General Studies Paper I score which in total is of 200 marks.
Civil services Mains Examination 2020 will be held from 8 January, 2021 and all the candidates who have qualified have to fill online Detailed Application Form (DAF) and submit it online to apply for the UPSC Mains Examination.
About Detailed Application Form (DAF)
It is a form that candidates have to fill and upload online on the official website of UPSC to apply for the mains examination.
This form is applicable for those who qualified for the Civil Services Prelims Examination. For General and OBC Candidates Fees is Rs 200 and there is a total fee exemption for female candidates and SC/ST Candidates.
Also kindly visit the official website of UPSC to get the link for DAF.
Guidelines for filling the online Detailed Application Form (DAF)
First, it is advised for the candidates to read carefully the Rules of the Examinations that is conditions of eligibility etc. as published in the Gazette of India and Detailed Application Form of the Examination is available on the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Second, it is important to read the following instructions available on the UPSC official website before filling the online Detailed Application Form (DAF).
How to Apply?
1. Detailed Application Form has to be filled by the Candidates and have to submit Online by using the website www.upsc.gov.in.
2. It is necessary to ensure via candidates that all columns should be filled correctly. No correspondence will be entertained by the Commission from candidates to change any of the entries made in the online Detailed Application Form.
Guidelines are as follows:
1. It is necessary for the candidates to get themselves registered first before filling up the Online Detailed Application Form (DAF) at the UPSC official website after declared qualified in the written part of the Examinations.
2. It is necessary for the candidates to create registration accounts by Clicking appropriately on the link provided below the “login” button.
3. On the registration module, Name (as recorded in the matriculation/Secondary examination certificate), Roll Number (in six-digit format) and Date of Birth (as recorded in the matriculation/secondary examination certificate) and e-mail address are to be provided.
4. (a) It is compulsory to fill all the fields.
(b) Candidates should ensure that they have provided a valid and an active e-mail address in the e-mail address field as the login credentials will be sent to the respective registered e-mail addresses provided by the candidates.
5. After clicking the submission button, the candidates will get a message on their screen, clearly mentioning the name and e-mail that they have been registered and a password will be sent to the candidate’s e-mail address.
6. After completing this, the candidates are required to go back to the UPSC official website and log into the login Module with their Roll Number of six digits along with the password.
7. The online DAF has SIX modules namely:
2. Educational Information
3. Parental Information
4,. Employment Information
5. Upload documents and
6. Final Submission
8. All the modules should be filled by the candidates completely before finally submitting the form online by using the Final Submission Module.
9. Candidates should save each module after completing the same. However, candidates will have the option to make changes in any module before final submission of DAF. Once Final Submission has been made, no change will be possible Online.
10. Candidates are required to upload scanned copies of documents like proof of Age, Educational Qualification, Community Certificate, PH Certificate etc. as mentioned in the Instructions to Candidates for filling in the Detailed Application Form (DAF).
11. Candidates may note that some of the fields namely Candidate’s name, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Mother’s name, email address, Physically Challenged category, Disability percentage etc. have been pre-populated using the information provided by the candidate at the time of filling up the earlier Online Application Form for writing the Written Examination/Preliminary Written Examination.
Such fields cannot be changed by the candidate. However, if a Candidate notes any error/discrepancy in these fields, he or she may make a separate detailed representation to the Commission including all relevant documents, in support of his claim. The Commission will decide each such case on merit and its decision in such cases shall be final.
Also, have a look at the important instructions that are required to fill the Online Application Form.
1. Candidates are advised to go through the instructions carefully before filling up the application form.
2. Online submission of application can only be made at website https://upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions are available at the site. Candidate should read the instructions carefully before making any entry or selecting options. Candidate should supply all the required details while filling up the online form. Mandatory fields are marked with * (asterisk) sign.
3. Candidates may please note that changes are not allowed in the online application, once it is submitted. If you wish to make any changes, you may submit a fresh application with requisite revision by the last date for receipt of application i.e. 27-10-2020 (6:00 P.M.). Your registration-id for latest completely submitted application will be considered for processing and all earlier submitted applications will stand cancelled. It is also advised that the email-id and mobile number must be retained for future references.
4. Online Application Form is available in English and in Hindi Language but it can only be filled in the English Language.
5. The filling of online application contains two parts.
6. In Part I registration, the candidate will have to fill basic information. On submission of details, candidate will be prompted to check the details and make a correction, if any, in the application.
7. Part-II Registration consists of following Stages: filling up Payment details (except for fee exempted candidates), uploading of Photograph, Signature, Photo Identity Card Document, selection of examination centre and Agreeing to Declaration.
8. Registration of Part-I & Part-II will be treated as valid from 07-10-2020 to 27-10-2020 (6:00 P.M.).
9. Candidate must press “I agree” button after he /she finds that information supplied by him /her is in order and no correction is required. Thereafter no correction/modification shall be allowed.
10. When “I agree” button is pressed, a page with Registration Number will be generated. Please note down Registration Number or take a print out of the page. The application is incomplete without payment, uploading of scanned photograph, signature, Photo Identity Card Document, selection of centre and agree to declaration.
11. Scanned photograph should be in JPG format and must be uploaded first. The digital size of the file should not exceed 300 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB and resolution 350 pixels (Width) X 350 pixels (Height) minimum, 1000 pixels (Width) X 1000 pixels (Height) maximum and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
12. After uploading your photograph then upload your scanned signature in JPG format. The digital size of each file should not exceed 300 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB and resolution 350 pixels (Width) X 350 pixels (Height) minimum, 1000 pixels (Width) X 1000 pixels (Height) maximum and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
13. Next upload your photo identity card document in PDF format only. The digital size of the PDF file should not exceed 300 KB and must not be less than 20 KB.
14. Candidates can pay the application fee online, through Credit/Debit Card/Net banking facility of any Banks or by cash challan in SBI bank.
15. To pay the fee in cash, a candidate should take a printout of challan generated online after completion of registration. The candidate may go to nearest SBI branch for depositing fee after 24 hours of generation of challan. “Pay by Cash” mode option will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 26-10-2020 i.e. one day before the closing date. However, applicants who have generated their Pay-in-slip before it is de-activated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date of application.
16. Those who want to pay online through SBI portal can do so directly during submission of online form.
17. Those who are exempted from payment of fee can skip steps 14 to 16.
18. Please provide the photo identity card number and upload a copy of the same in Online Application Form and remember to carry it at the time of Personality Test/Examination at the venue.
19. On successful completion of your complete application, an auto-generated email message will be sent on your registered email-id. In case an email is not received by you please check/ensure that submission of Part-II of the Application has been made by you.
20. Candidates with less than 40% disability will not be considered for any relaxation which are applicable to PwBD candidates and is required to pay a fee if not exempted under the rules.
Note: Applicants should note that there will be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the Centres except Ahmedabad, Delhi, Dispur and Kolkata. Allotment of Centres will be on the ‘first-apply-first allot’ basis, and once the capacity of a particular Centre is attained, the same will be frozen. Applicants are, thus, advised that they may apply early so that they could get a Centre of their choice.
Hoping, that all the doubts regarding DAF and filling the form are cleared.
All the Best for the exam and for the future!