- GS Paper 3: Security-
- Challenges to internal security through communication networks;
- Role of media and social networking sites in internal security challenges;
- Basics of cyber security;
- Recently, the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) jointly launched MANTHAN-2021.
Key Points about Manthan- 2021
- Organizing Agencies: Manthan- 2021 is organized by the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) in coordination with the Innovation Cell of the Ministry of Education and AICTE.
- Objective: Hackathon “MANTHAN 2021” is a unique national initiative to identify innovative concepts and technology solutions for addressing the security challenges of the 21st century faced by India’s intelligence agencies.
- 20 challenge statements were released which offer unique opportunities to all youngsters to think out-of-the-box and develop innovative concepts for solving some of the daunting problems faced by security agencies.
- Participation in Manthan- 2021 hackathon: Young Minds for Manthan 2021 will be selected from education institutions across the country and registered start-ups, offering strong, safe, and effective technology solutions using their technical expertise and innovative skills.
- Manthan 2021 will be held in two phases –
- In the first phase, the participants will submit their concepts against the problem statements which they want to solve on the portal.
- The ideas will be evaluated by a group of experts and only the innovative ideas will be selected for the second round.
- Expected Outcome: Participants are expected to develop digital solutions under 6 themes for 20 different challenge statements using new technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Augmented reality, Machine Learning, etc. for ever-changing security-related challenges like-
- Photo/video analysis,
- Fake Content Identification along with the information of creator,
- Predictive Cyber Crime data analytics, etc.
- Prize money for Manthan 2021 hackathon challenge: Total prize money worth ₹40 lakh will be given to the winning teams.