To clear the UPSC CSE 2020 exam, aspirants must be very strong in their fundamentals along with the current affairs. Adda247 has taken an important step to help all CSE aspirants by providing them daily quizzes on App. Now aspirants will get free quizzes to practice along with analysis of The Hindu, PIB, etc.
1. Which of the following institution has estimated that Asia’s economy will contract for the first time since 1962?
(a) Asian Development Bank
b) International Monetary Fund
(c) BRICS Bank
(d) World Bank
2. Which among the following social media giant has partnered with Coursera to launch Social Media Marketing Professional Certificate?
IAS Prelims Mock-Test 2020 – Set 20, 16 September
3. In which of the following state Prime Minister has inaugurated various projects under the ‘Namami Gange’ Yojana and the ‘AMRUT’ scheme?
(b) Madhya Pradesh
(c) Uttar Pradesh
4. Which of the following statement/s is/are correct with respect to Department Related Standing Committees (DRSCs)?
1. It was set up for the first time in 1993.
2. The members are nominated by the Speaker and the Chairman of Rajya Sabha for a term of 1 year.
3. Ministers cannot be nominated as the members of the committee
(a) 1 only
(b) 1 and 3 only
(c)1 and 2 only
(d) 1, 2, and 3
IAS Prelims Mock-Test 2020 – Set 19, 15 September
5. Which of the following Indian state/UT launched its third Sero Survey, to check for the antibodies against Covid-19?
(c) New Delhi
(d) Jammu and Kashmir
6. ln which of the following relief sculpture inscriptions is ‘Ranyo Ashoka’ (King Ashoka) mentioned along with the stone portrait of Ashoka?
7. Which of the following statement/s is/are incorrect?
1. An Interest Rate Derivative (IRD) is a contract whose value is derived from one or more interest rates or interest rate indices.
2. An interest rate swap is a forward contract in which one stream of future interest payments is exchanged for another based on a specified principal amount.
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 2
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
IAS Prelims Mock-Test 2020 – Set 18, 14 September
8. “Akatsuki” is recently in the news because:
(a) It is a United Arab Emirates’ satellite on a mission to orbit the planet Mars.
(b) It is a Japanese space probe that tasked to study the atmosphere of Venus.
(c) It is China’s latest mission to study the atmosphere of Mars.
(d) It is the mission of NASA to map the entire surface of Venus.
9. Which of the following above is/are the feature(s) of Mahayana Buddhism?
1. Deification of the Buddha
2. Treading the path of Bodhisattvas
3. Image worship and rituals
(a) 1 only
(b) 1 and 2 only
(c) 2 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
IAS Prelims Mock-Test 2020 – Set 17, 11 September
10. Indra 2020 Naval exercise took place between:
(a) India and Singapore China
(b) India and Sri Lanka
(c) India and Russia
(d) India and Indonesia
Ans: 1(a), 2 (a), 3 (d), 4 (d), 5 (c), 6 (b), 7 (d), 8 (b), 9 (d), 10 (c).