To clear the UPSC CSE 2020 exam, aspirants must be very strong in their fundamentals along with the current affairs. Adda247 has taken an important step to help all CSE aspirants by providing them daily quizzes on App. Now aspirants will get free quizzes to practice along with analysis of The Hindu, PIB, etc.
1. Consider the following statements with respect to Orang National Park:
1. It is located on the northern bank of the Brahmaputra River.
2. Rivers Pachnoi, Belsiri and Dhanshiri border the park.
3. It is declared as a tiger reserve.
Choose the correct option:
(a) 1 and 3 only
(b) 1 only
(c) 1 and 2 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
IAS Prelims Mock-Test 2020 – Set 17, 11 September
2. Which one of the following National Parks of India lies completely in the temperate alpine zone?
(a) Manas National Park
(b) Valley of Flowers National Park
(c) Neora Valley National Park
(d) Namdapha National Park
3. Which one of the following are the terms ‘pyrolysis and plasma gasification’ mentioned?
(a) Extraction of rare earth elements
(b) Waste-to-energy technologies
(c) Hydrogen fuel-based automobiles
(d) Natural gas extraction technologies
4. Which among the following Gharana is not associated with the Dhrupad style?
5. India has signed several logistics agreements in recent years. In regard to this which of the following pair/s is/are correctly matched?
United States: Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Understanding (LEMOA)
Australia: Mutual Logistics Support Agreement (MLSA)
Japan: Reciprocal Provision of Supplies and Services
Russia: Reciprocal Logistics Support (ARLS)
(a) 1 only
(b) 3 and 4 only
(c) 1, 2 and 4 only
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
6. Which of the following statement/s is/are correct with respect to Ramjet and Scramjet engines?
1. Both do not have a compressor, unlike the traditional jet engines.
2. Ramjet engines have a subsonic velocity of the gases in the combustion chamber while the Scramjet engines have supersonic velocity in the combustion chamber.
3. Scramjet engines are most efficient at hypersonic speeds.
(a) 2 and 3 only
(b) 1, 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 only
(d) 1 and 2 only
IAS Prelims Mock-Test 2020 – Set 15, 9 September
7. There was a growing awareness in our country about the importance of Himalayan nettle i.e., Girardinia diversifolia, because it is found to be a sustainable source of…….
(a) Textile fibre
(c) Anti-malarial drug
(c) Pulp for the paper industry
8. Consider the following states in terms of percentage of forest cover to the total area of the state. Which one of the following is the correct ascending order?
2. Madhya Pradesh
9. Which of the following countries has been included in the Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS)?
1. Australia 2.Indonesia 3. India 4. Japan 5. China
(a) 1, 2, 3
(b) 2, 4, 5
(c) 2, 3
(d) 3, 4, 5
Daily Gist of ‘The Hindu’, ‘PIB’, ‘Indian Express’ and Other Newspapers: 14 September, 2020
10. Which country is holding a naval exercise named ‘Zolfaghar-99’ in the Sea of Oman?
Ans: 1. (d) 2. (c) 3. (b) 4. (a) 5. (d) 6. (b) 7. (a) 8. (c) 9. (a) 10. (d)