Daily news will speed up the preparation for the Civil Services Examination and it also plays a crucial role to grasp the current affairs topic comprehensively. Here we have covered most of the topics related to various categories including National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, and so on.
1. Eat Right Challenge
– An online workshop has been organised by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) as part of its ‘Eat Right Challenge’.
– In 2018, FSSAI launched this campaign to make consumer awareness about eating safe and nutritious food.
– The aim of the campaign is to engage, excite and enable citizens to enhance their health and wellbeing.
– Through the engagement of stakeholders it’s basically a collective effort to form both the demand and supply-side interventions.
2. Tribes India on Wheels
– Mobile Vans flagged off ‘Tribes India on Wheels’.
– Tribes India is a brand created by TRIFED in 1987. It’s a mobile shopping solution for organic, essential and natural immunity-boosting products.
– In several localities, TRIFED is taking these goods directly to the customer with the novel initiative of Mobile Vans.
– All the sales that will proceed will directly go to the tribal’s and help in sustaining their income and livelihoods.
3. CCI approves proposed acquisition of C&S Electric Limited by Siemens Limited.
– The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approves proposed acquisition of C&S Electric Limited by Siemens Limited.
– The proposed combination envisages acquisition of 100% of the share capital of C&S Electric Limited (C&S) by Siemens Limited (Siemens India).
– At the time of closing of the proposed combination, the scope of business of C&S shall include low-voltage (LV) switchgear components and panels, LV and medium voltage (MV) power busbars as well as protection and metering devices of C&S.
– Certain other businesses of C&S like MV switchgear and package sub-station, lighting, diesel generating sets, engineering, procurement and construction business and therefore the “Etacom” busbars business are going to be retained by the prevailing promoters of C&S.
– Siemens India targets the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization within the method and manufacturing industries. With this, it also supplies smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport. Also, infrastructure solutions for Smart Cities.
4. An interactive game and IEC content to promote COVID Appropriate Behaviours
– It is launched by Dr Harsh Vardhan. “Social Vaccine against COVID-19 no Rocket Science.”
– Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare launched an interactive first-of-its-kind game on COVID-19, The Corona Fighters and two new videos urging adherence to key COVID Appropriate Behaviours.
– According to Dr. Harsh Vardhan the game “presents a new and extremely creative way to teach people the right tools and behaviours to fight the Covid-19 pandemic.”
– Additionally, he told that the game was designed to “influence the players’ actions in the real world, reminding them to take the right precautions and escape infection.”
– He further added that this along with two promotional videos “is a simply designed and enjoyable medium to get a serious message across to the wider public.”
5. Odisha government to revamp 11th-century Lingaraj Temple
– The government of Odisha has decided to give a facelift to the 11th century Lingaraj Temple, akin to its pre-350-year structural status.
– The efforts will be made to generate a spiritual and ecological ambience in and around the Lingaraj Temple.
– The redevelopment plan of the peripheral area of the temple, called as ‘Ekamravan Kshetra’, in Bhubaneswar, has been approved.
– Also, the Odisha government is planning barrier-free access between the Temple and Bindusagar lake.
– For the devotees, after the Lingaraj Temple, the Bindusagar (a sprawling pond) is the second major attraction.
– The Lingaraj Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and was built by King Jajati Keshari of Soma Vansh.
– It is one of the oldest and largest temples in Odisha.
The redevelopment plan of the peripheral area of the temple, known as ‘Ekamravan Kshetra’, in Bhubaneswar, has been approved.
6. Sutlej-Yamuna Link (SYL) Canal Project
– As per Chief Minister of Punjab Captain Amarinder Singh and Union Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat warned that if the Sutlej-Yamuna Link (SYL) Canal project was given the green light then Punjab will burn.
– The warning is based on the bloody history over the construction of the SYL Canal.
– The canal is 214-kilometre long, currently under construction and will connect Sutlej and Yamuna rivers.
– Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh further stated that state’s water-sharing dispute with Haryana could disturb national security if the Centre goes ahead with the Sutlej-Yamuna Link canal project.
– The water-sharing dispute that dates back to 1966 when Punjab and Haryana states came into existence.
7. Millennium Alliance
– In 5 focus areas, 49 innovations receive Millenium Alliance Round 6 & COVID-19 Innovation Challenge Awards.
– In brief, the Millennium Alliance is an innovation-driven and impact-focused initiative supporting collaborative resources to identify test and scale Indian innovations that address global development solutions.
– Currently, the programme is running in its sixth year and has played a catalytic role in providing funding, capacity building, and business development support to Indian social enterprises.
8. Proposal for leasing out 3 Airports have been approved by the Cabinet.
Airports of Jaipur, Guwahati and Thiruvananthapuram of Airports Authority of India (AAI) will be leased out through Public Private Partnership (PPP) to Adani Enterprises Ltd. Five years is the lease period.
For Free UPSC Study Material And Counselling From Experts: Click Here (link included)