It is the second part of our 10-days study plan where we will discuss 12 previous years questions every day. Make sure you have a firm grip on these questions so that you can understand the pattern of questions that are being asked in the UPSC EPFO EO exam.
Q13. Which of the following statements are correct in respect to ‘Stridhana’?
- Various types of movable property gifted to a woman on various occasions during her lifetime.
- Various types of movable property gifted to a woman at the time of her first marriage.
- On the woman’s death, this wealth could b inherited by her children and husband.
- On the woman’s death, this wealth could be inherited by her natural legally adopted children, with none of the sons-in-law, having any claim on any part thereof.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below
(a) 2 and 3 only
(b) 2 and 4 only
(c) 1 and 4 only
(d) 1 and 3 only
Q14. What is the number of States and Union Territories in India?
(a) 29 and 6
(b) 28 and 7
(c) 29 and 7
(d) 28 and 6
Q15. Which of the following is not true of the Western Ghats?
(a) UNESCO declared 39 places in the Western Ghats as ‘World Heritage Sites’ in 2012.
(b) It is one of the eight hottest hotspots of biological diversity in the world.
(c) It has two reserves and 13 national parks.
(d) ONGC surveys have recently found huge oil reserves.
Q16. Ayodhya is located at the bank of the river?
Q17. The Khilafat Committee accepted Mahatma Gandhi’s suggestion for a non-violent non-cooperation protest against the Government on its meeting at
Q18. What is Know India Programme (KIP)?
(a) A programme for children aged 12-15 years from rural areas to make them aware of different aspects of India.
(b) A programme that facilitates visits of rural teachers to different parts of the country.
(c) An out-reach programme of the Ministry of External Affairs to build closer ties with India’s neighbourhood.
(d) A programme for diaspora youth to promote awareness among them about different aspects of India.
Q19. What is the perimeter of the figure shown below?
Q20. Special Economics Zones (SEZ) are developed to
(a) Generate additional economic activity throughout the country.
(b) Beautify suburban areas.
(c) Upgrade the facilities in the countryside.
(d) Promote investment from domestic and foreign sources
Q21. Which of the following statements reflect the distinctive features about 6th century BCE Ganas or Sanghas?
- The ancient Indian Ganas were olagarchies.
- The ancient Indian Ganas were non-monarchical states.
- Magadha, Kosala, Vatsa and Avanti were the most powerful States of that era.
- The producers of the Buddhist monastic order were patterned on the Sangha politics.
Select the correct answer from below:
(a) 1,2 and 3
(b) 1,2,3 and 4
(c) 1,2 and 4
(d) 3 and 4 only
Q22. Which is the chronological sequence of the following developments?
- Decline in the export of Indian cotton
- Cotton boom in India
- Civil War in America
Select the option from below:
(a) 1,3 and 2
(b) 2,3 and 1
(c) 1,2 and 3
(d) 2,1 and 3
Q23. Which of the following are the typical differences between the private insurance programmes and the social insurance programmes?
- Adequacy vs equity
- Voluntary vs Mandatory participation
- Contractual vs statutory right
Correct the correct option from below:
(a) 1, 2 and 3 only
(b) 1,2 and 4 only
(c) 3 and 4 only
(d) 1,2 3 and 4
Q24. ‘Unbalanced growth’ is hypothesized when
(a) Expansion can take place simultaneously on several growth routes
(b) Supply of labour is fixed
(c) Supply of capital is unlimited
(d) Active sectors need to, and do energize sluggish sectors.
|13. C||14. C||15. D||16. C||17. C||18. D|
|19. A||20. D||21. B||22. B||23. D||24. D|