Daily Important News will speed up the preparation for the Civil Services Examination and it also plays a crucial role to grasp the current affairs topic comprehensively. Here we have covered most of the topics related to various categories including National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, and so on.
1. Right to recall Panchayat Member
– Haryana clears Bill on right to recall panchayat member. That is the Haryana Panchayati Raj (Second Amendment) Bill, 2020 passed in the state Assembly.
– The purpose of the amendment is to increase their accountability to the voters.
– The Bill provides the right to recall members of Panchayati Raj institutions to those who elected them.
– It also gives women a 50% reservation in these rural bodies.
– The Bill provides reservation of 8% to the “more disadvantaged” among the Backward Classes.
– It also allows recalling village sarpanches and members of the block-level Panchayat Samitis and district-level Zila Parishad if they fail to perform.
– The procedure to recall a sarpanch and members of the two bodies: 50% members of a ward or gram sabha have to give in writing that they want to initiate proceedings.
– It’s followed by a secret ballot, during which their recall would require two-third members voting against them.
2. Ro-Pax terminal at Hazira
– Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Ro-Pax terminal at Hazira and flagged off the Ro-Pax ferry service between Hazira and Ghogha in Gujarat.
– He renamed the Ministry of Shipping as the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways.
– With this business will be boosted and connectivity will become faster.
– RO-PAX service between Hazira and Ghogha shortened the journey from 10-12 hours to 3 to 4 hours. It will save time and expenses will also be reduced.
– 80000 passenger trains and 30000 trucks will be able to take advantage of this new service in a year.
– Better connectivity between Saurashtra and Surat will be going to change the life of the people in these regions.
3. AIM–Sirius Innovation Programme 3.0
– Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and Sirius, Russia launched ‘AIM–Sirius Innovation Programme 3.0’.
– It is a 14-day virtual programme for Indian and Russian school children.
– The first Indo-Russian bilateral youth innovation initiative, the AIM–Sirius programme aims to develop technological solutions consisting both web- and mobile-based for the two countries.
– It is a 2-week programme that is from 7–21 November 2020.
– Within the programme 48 students and 16 educators and mentors will create 8 virtual products and mobile applications addressing global challenges across a variety of areas including culture, distance education, applied cognitive science, health and well-being, sports, fitness, and games training, chemistry, artificial intelligence, and digital financial assets within the wake of the covid-19 pandemic.
4. Kamala Harris
– Prime Minister, Narendra Modi congratulated Kamala Harris to be elected as US Vice President.
– Prime Minister Narendra Modi said”Heartiest congratulations Kamala Harris! Your success is pathbreaking, and a matter of immense pride not just for your chittis, but also for all Indian-Americans. I am confident that the vibrant India-US ties will get even stronger with your support and leadership”.
5. Joe Biden
– Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated Joe Biden on winning the U.S. presidential election.
– He said “Congratulations Joe Biden on your spectacular victory! As the VP, your contribution to strengthening Indo-US relations was critical and invaluable. I look forward to working closely together once again to take India-US relations to greater heights”.
6. 8th round of India-China Corps Commander Level Meeting
– On 6 November 2020, the 8th round of India-China Corps Commander Level Meeting was held in Chushul.
– The 2 sides had a candid, in-depth and constructive exchange of views on disengagement along the Line of Actual Control in the Western Sector of India-China border areas.
– Each side agreed to earnestly implement the important consensus reached by the leaders of the 2 countries, ensure their frontline troops to exercise restraint and avoid misunderstanding and miscalculation.
– Each side agreed to maintain dialogue and communication through military and diplomatic channels, and, taking forward the discussions at this meeting, push for the settlement of other outstanding issues, so as to jointly maintain peace and tranquillity in the border areas.
7. Various development projects in Varanasi
– Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate and lay the foundation stone of various development projects in Varanasi on 9th November at 10:30 AM through video conferencing.
– The entire cost for the implication of these projects is Rs. 614 crores.
– The projects to be inaugurated are Sarnath Light and Sound show, upgradation of Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital Ramnagar, sewerage related works, infrastructure facilities for protection and conservation of cows, multipurpose seed storehouse, agriculture produce warehouse of 100 MT, IPDS phase 2, a housing complex for players in Sampurnanand Stadium, Varanasi city smart lighting work, alongside 105 Anganwadi Kendras and 102 Gau Ashray Kendras.
– He will also lay the foundation stone for projects including the redevelopment of Dashashwamedh Ghat and Khidkiya Ghat, barracks for PAC police force, redevelopment of certain wards of Kashi, parking facility along with redevelopment of park in Beniya Bagh, up-gradation of the multi-purpose hall in Girija Devi Sanskritik Sankul, repair work of roads in the city and development of tourist places.
8. India-Italy Bilateral Summit
– A virtual Bilateral Summit between India and Italy has been held recently to review the broad framework of the bilaterak relationship and also strengthen cooperation against common global challenges like COVID-19 pandemic.
– Both nations decided to adopt the Action Plan for an enhanced Partnership between India and Italy (2020-2024).
– The aim is to set up priorities, strategic goals and mechanisms of a bilateral partnership.
– Agreed to coordinate closely at multilateral fora especially G-20.
– In December 2021 Italy will assume the Presidency of G-20 followed by India in 2022.
– The current presidency of G20 is holding Saudi Arabia.
– To promote innovative financial schemes which will support bilateral investments, an MoU between Cassa Deposit Prestiti (CDP) which is an Italian investment bank and National Infrastructure Investment Fund (NIIF).
– In the European Union (EU), Italy is India’s fifth-largest trading partner.
9. EOS-01, India’s latest earth observation satellite
– ISRO’s first mission, EOS-01 launched. It is the ISRO’s first mission since the launch of RISAT-2BR1, on December 11 last year.
– ISRO had also sent communication satellite GSAT-30 in space in January this year, but that was done using an Ariane rocket launched from French Guiana.
– It is an earth observation satellite.
– It is another Radar Imaging Satellite (RISAT) that will work together with RISAT-2B and RISAT-2BR1 launched last year.
– Henceforth all the earth observation satellites would be called EOS-series.
– Land and forest mapping and monitoring, mapping of resources like water or minerals or fishes, weather and climate observations, soil assessment, geospatial contour mapping are all done through earth-observation satellites.
Adda247 Launching – Aarambh IAS On 5th November 2020 Only on UPSC/State PSC Adda247 Channel Click Here