Daily news will speed up the preparation for the Civil Services Examination and it also plays a crucial role to grasp the current affairs topic comprehensively. Here we have covered most of the topics related to various categories including National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, and so on.
1. India PV Edge 2020
– To bring together various market players and catalyze cutting-edge PV manufacturing in India, NITI Aayog, Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE), and Invest India together organized a global symposium ‘India PV Edge 2020’.
– It was one of its kind platform for global cutting-edge technology providers, equipment makers, and PV champions to present their technologies to the Indian stakeholders who are drawing up their PV manufacturing plans and collaborate, thus boosting the ‘Make in India’ campaign.
The symposium consisted of three sessions:
First session: The Plenary Session, in which India’s most prominent policymakers highlighted India’s strong impetus on renewable energy, the investment climate and the country’s ambition and opportunities in solar manufacturing.
Second session: It included three parallel pitching sessions on wafer/cell, module/production equipment and BOM. 21 experts from across the world gave a snapshot of the future of solar manufacturing.
Third session: “Investment Conclave” brought in large investors like IFC, Goldman Sachs, Black Rock, SBI, and climate funds to catalyze investment momentum in cutting edge PV technologies.
2. Historic MoU Signed between ISLRTC and NCERT
On 60th Foundation Day of NCERT, a historic Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Indian Sign Language Research and Training Center-ISLRTC (a National Institute of DEPwD, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment) and NCERT (a National Institute of Ministry of Education).
– The purpose is to make educational materials accessible for Deaf children in their preferred format of communication viz Indian Sign Language.
3. PLI Scheme
– Ministry of Electronics and Information and Technology (MeitY) has approved 16 eligible applicants under the PLI Scheme.
– Production Linked Incentive Scheme (PLI) for Large Scale Electronics Manufacturing notified on 1st April, 2020, extends an incentive of 4% to 6% on incremental sales (over base year) of goods under target segments that are manufactured in India to eligible companies, for a period of five years subsequent to the base year (FY2019-20).
– According to Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, “PLI scheme has been a huge success in terms of the applications received from Global as well as Domestic Mobile Phone manufacturing companies and electronic components manufacturers.”
– Production of Rs. 10.5 lakh crore and Exports of Rs. 6.5 lakh crore expected over the next 5 years
– Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi lays foundation stone of new JawaharNavodayaVidyalaya at Pakur in Jharkhand in presence of Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ through virtual mode.
– This school is being constructed by the Ministry of Minority Affairs under the “Pradhan Mantri Jan VikasKarykram” (PMJVK).
– Union Minister for Minority Affairs Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that Union Ministry of Education is constructing 99 JawaharNavodayaVidyalayas in backward, weaker and Minority concentrated areas across the country for the first time in the history.
– Several of these JawaharNavodayaVidyalayas are being constructed jointly by Union Ministry of Education and Union Ministry of Minority Affairs.
5. Sensor and Sensing for Precision Agriculture
– A session on “Sensors and Sensing for Precision Agriculture” was organized under “Precision Agriculture” by ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute with the total participation of 1019 including 38 panellists as part of the Vaishwik Bhartiya Vaigyanik (VAIBHAV) Summit 2020.
– This is a Government of India initiative to bring together the thought process, practices, R&D culture of Overseas and Indian scientists/academicians through a series of structured deliberations and constructive dialogue.
– Also to develop a road map for translational research/academic culture for tangible output and strengthening the S&T base for providing the impetus to endeavour of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat.
– A total of 18 verticals have been identified for deliberation of which “Agro-economy and Food Security” deals directly with agriculture with several horizontals.
– The horizontal on “Precision Agriculture” aims at discussing recent advances in the field on sensors, remote sensing, deep learning, artificial intelligence and IoT for monitoring and quantification of soil, plant and environment to enhance farm productivity with increased input use efficiency and environmental sustainability.