Daily Important News will speed up the preparation for the Civil Services Examination and it also plays a crucial role to grasp the current affairs topic comprehensively. Here we have covered most of the topics related to various categories including National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, and so on.
1. C.V. Raman
– Prof. C.V. Raman’s 132nd birth anniversary is celebrated on 7th November, 2020. He was Physicist, Nobel laureate and Bharat Ratna recipient who was instrumental in India’s growth within the field of science and Physics.
– Films Division is paying tribute to him by streaming a biopic, C.V. Raman (18 Min./ English) on its Website and YouTube channel.
– The documentary on Prof Raman throws light into his life and works including the groundbreaking work he did within the field of light scattering known as ‘Raman Effect’.
2. National Cancer Awareness Day
– National Cancer Awareness Day is observed on 7th November per annum.
– National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) told that price rationalisation initiated February 2019 and had the far-reaching impact of its decision resulting in huge price discount in anti-cancer drugs.
– NPPA had launched a Pilot on Trade Margin Rationalisation for 42 anti-cancer drugs as a step towards making the healthcare more affordable for the suffering patients.
– Based on the feedback received from the pharmaceutical companies after implementation of the NPPA notification, it had been observed that under this exercise 526 brands of 42 anti-cancer drugs showed price reduction up to 90%.
– According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), cancer is the second leading cause of death worldwide and in 2018 approximately 18 million cases at the global level were there, of which 1.5 million were in India alone. There were around 0.8 million cancer deaths in India in 2018 against 9.5 million globally. The numbers of latest cases are estimated to double in India by 2040.
3. Centre of Excellence for Indian Knowledge System
– Union Minister of Education Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank announced the Centre of Excellence for Indian Knowledge System to be set up at IIT Kharagpur.
– “Bharata Tirtha” organized by the Institute from November 6-8, 2020, Chief Guest Pokhriyal congratulated the Institute for the continued work in various branches of Indian Knowledge System.
4. MSME/Udyam Registration
– Ministry of MSME had revised the definition of MSMEs and process of registration w.e.f. 1st July, 2020.
– New online system of MSME/Udyam Registration launched by Union MSME Ministry, w.e.f. 1st July, 2020. It stood as the test of Time & Technology as more than 11 lakh MSMEs have successfully registered themselves by now.
– A new portal is also launched for MSME/Udyam registration.
– This portal is seamlessly integrated with CBDT and GST networks and aslo with the GeM.
– Through this integration, now MSME registration may be a totally paperless exercise.
– According to PIB, till October 31, 2020 (more than 10 Lakh), as per the analysis of the registrations the trend and broad picture are:
- 3.72 lakh enterprises have registered under the Manufacturing category whereas 6.31 lakh enterprises under the Service sector.
- The share of Micro Enterprises is 93.17% whereas Small and Medium Enterprises are 5.62% and 1.21% respectively.
- Male owns 7.98 lakh enterprises whereas Female entrepreneurs 1.73 lakh enterprises.
- 11,188 enterprises are owned by Divyangjan entrepreneurs.
- The Top 5 Industrial sectors of registrations are – Food Products, Textile, Apparel, Fabricated Metal Products and Machinery & Equipments.
- 1,01,03,512 persons have been given employment by these registered units.
- 5 leading States for Udyam registrations are Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat.
- Registration without PAN is permitted up to 31.03.2021 as a transitional arrangement.
- Similarly, Registration without GST number is also permitted up to 31.03.2021 as a transitional arrangement.
- Jai Krishna Memorial Lecture
– Principal Secretary to Prime Minister PK Mishra addressed the first Jai Krishna memorial lecture organised by IIT Roorkee.
– The lecture was focused on COVID-19 and therefore the way forward for Disaster Risk Management in India.
– While addressing the event, Principal Secretary said that the scope of disaster risk management has increased. He further added that its scope has expanded and lots of subjects are mixed in it and are not any longer seen as just a narrow specific area.
– PK Mishra further stressed on the future steps that must be taken to tackle situations aroused in the pandemic.
6. India-Italy Virtual Summit
– A Virtual Bilateral Summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Prime Minister of Italy Prof. Giuseppe Conte was persisted on 6th November, 2020.
– The Summit provided a chance to the 2 leaders to comprehensively review the broad framework of the bilateral relationship. The 2 leaders reaffirmed their commitment to strengthen cooperation against common global challenges, including the Covid-19 pandemic.
– The discussion was focused on the problems including political, economic, scientific & technological, space and defence cooperation.
– On regional and international issues, both sides agreed to coordinate closely at multilateral fora especially G-20.
– Italy will assume the Presidency of G-20 in December 2021 followed by India in 2022.
– Together, India and Italy are going to be a part of the G20 Troika from December, 2020.
7. Circular Dome
– Dr. Harsh Vardhan and Shri Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurate the circular dome with 3600 video-immersive experience at Gandhi Darshan, Rajghat.
– Dr. Harsh Vardhan said that Gandhiji’s persona was such it continues to inspire the whole humanity even today. Stating that Gandhian philosophy touches all aspects of life, he said, “Mahatma Gandhi always stressed upon sustainable development.
– He highlighted the efforts of the Science & Technology Ministry for developing digital tools to spread the values of Gandhiji. He called upon the youth to imbibe Gandhiji’s teachings to make a far better and just society”.
Following Four films on the lifetime of Gandhi (both Hindi and English versions) were combined and an entire film was produced.
Mohan to Mahatma,
The Last Phase,
Freedom from Fear, and
– Content from Gandhi archives like photos, videos, audio interviews were processed into digital formats and used wherever possible. The 3600 dome project has been implemented by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi.
As per PIB themes on display are:
(i) Mahatma Gandhi’s Vision, his life & Transformation to becoming ‘Mahatma’;
(ii) The Freedom Movement led by Gandhi, chronicles of his travels, Satyagraha and his thoughts;
(iii) Associates of Gandhi, people who inspired Gandhi and those following his footsteps;
(iv) Contemporary Relevance of Gandhi, his influence in the modern world;
(v) The Final Journey, Tributes to Gandhi and
(vi) Series of ‘Vaishnav Jan’ videos by Ministry of External Affairs celebrating 150 years of Mahatma.
Adda247 Launching – Aarambh IAS On 5th November 2020 Only on UPSC/State PSC Adda247 Channel Click Here