Daily news will speed up the preparation for the Civil Services Examination and it also plays a crucial role to grasp the current affairs topic comprehensively. Here we have covered most of the topics related to various categories including National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, and so on.
1. RAISE 2020 Global AI Summit
– Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated RAISE 2020- ‘Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020.
– Narendra Modi stated that “India’s National Programme on AI (Artificial Intelligence) will be dedicated towards the rightful use of AI in solving societal problems”.
– Over 61,000 people from 140 countries participating in Mega Digital Summit from October 5-9.
– Global AI Experts to deliberate on the role of AI in strengthening digital platforms, creating robust data and AI frameworks for social empowerment.
– According to independent studies, AI has the potential to raise India’s annual growth rate by 1.3% and add USD 957 billion to the country’s economy by 2035.
– So far, more than 61,000 stakeholders from academia, the research industry and government representatives from 140 countries have registered to participate in RAISE 2020.
About RAISE 2020
RAISE 2020 is a first-of-its-kind, global meeting of minds on Artificial Intelligence to drive India’s vision and roadmap for social transformation, inclusion and empowerment through responsible AI.
– Organized by Government of India along with Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and NITI Aayog, the event will witness robust participation from global industry leaders, key opinion makers, Government representatives and academia.
2. Guidelines for reopening of schools
– Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education has issued SOP/Guidelines for reopening of schools.
– Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ announced regarding SOP/Guidelines of DoSEL for reopening of schools.
– States/UT Governments may take a decision in respect of reopening of schools and coaching institutions after 15.10.2020 in a graded manner in consultation with the respective schools/institutions management and based on the local situation.
– Healthy and safety measures would be taken.
-Learning with physical/social distancing and the academic aspects related to the delivery of education, like curriculum transactions, instructional load, timetables, assessment, etc.
3. 42nd GST Council Meeting
– The 42nd GST Council met under the Chairmanship of Union Finance & Corporate Affairs Minister Smt Nirmala Sitharaman.
– The meeting was also attended by Union Minister of State for Finance & Corporate Affairs Shri Anurag Thakur besides Finance Ministers of States & UTs and senior officers of the Ministry of Finance& States/ UTs.
The GST Council has made the following recommendations:
Levy of Compensation Cess to be extended beyond the transition period of five years i.e. beyond June, 2022, for such period as may be required to meet the revenue gap. Further details to be worked out.
The centre is releasing compensation of ₹ 20,000 crore to States towards loss of revenue during 2020-21 and an amount of about ₹ 25,000 crore towards IGST of 2017-18 by next week.
4. Chardham Project
– In the execution of the Chardham road project, Supreme Court-appointed expert committee that has alleged violations of the court orders.
A controversial aspect was the proposed width of the two-lane highways envisaged.
The top court ruled last month that a width of 5.5 metre be enforced as it was in conformity with a 2018 recommendation of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) for mountain roads.
– Chardham Project is the project that comprises improvement as well as the development of 889 km length of national highways.
– The project will connect Badrinath Dham, Kedarnath Dham, Gangotri, Yamunotri, and part of the route leading to Kailash Mansarovar yatra.
5. New rules for postal ballot
– EC announces new rules for postal ballot. The rules aim to make it more convenient for those above 80 years of age and people with disabilities to vote.
New rules announced are:
– The returning officer would deploy polling teams, which will deliver and collect the postal ballot on pre-informed dates and then deposit it with the returning officer.
– The form required to opt for the postal ballot would be delivered at the residence of all those aged above 80 and people with disabilities by the booth level officer under his polling station.
– A restricted set of voters can exercise postal voting.
– With this facility, a voter can cast her vote remotely by recording her preference on the ballot paper and sending it back to the election officer before counting.
6. Nagorno-Karabakh Places
– Territorial disputes and ethnic conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan in Central Asia have impacted the Nagorno-Karabakh region in the South Caucasus.
– Nagorno-Karabakh is also known as Artsakh. It is a landlocked region in the South Caucasus, within the mountainous range of Karabakh.
– It is a disputed territory, internationally recognized as part of Azerbaijan, but mostly governed by the Republic of Artsakh, a de facto independent state.
– Mecca reopens for pilgrimage. It is the holiest city in Islam and the capital of the Makkah Province of Saudi Arabia.
– It is located in the Hejaz region around 200 km wide strip of mountains separating the Nafud desert from the Red Sea.