Daily Important NewsDaily news will speed up the preparation for the Civil Services Examination and it also plays a crucial role to grasp the current affairs topic comprehensively. Here we have covered most of the topics related to various categories including National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, and so on.
1. Tourist Facilitation Centre
– Union Minister of State (IC) for Tourism & Culture Shri Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurated the “Tourist Facilitation Centre” facility at Guruvayur, Kerala under PRASHAD Scheme.
– In 2014-15, the ‘National Mission on Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual, Heritage Augmentation Drive’ (PRASHAD) launched by the Ministry of Tourism.
– The objective of the scheme is to integrate the development of identified pilgrimage and heritage destinations.
– The project for “Development of Guruvayur” under the scheme was approved by the Ministry of Tourism with the cost of Rs. 45.36 crores in March 2017.
2. Prasar Bharati
– India’s public broadcaster Prasar Bharati signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Bhaskaracharya National Institute for Space Applications and Geo-Informatics, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
– Under the ambit of this MoU, 51 DTH education TV channels comprising of Swaymprabha (22 channels) (M/o Education), e-Vidya for classes 1 to 12 (12 channels) of NCERT, Vande Gujarat (Govt. of Gujarat) (16 channels) and DigiShala under M/o Electronics and IT (1 channel) shall be available as DD co-branded channels to all DD FreeDish viewers.
– It will bring quality educational programmes to every household, including rural and remote areas.
– The services will be available free of cost for all the viewers 24×7.
3. PINAKA Rocket System
– On 4 November, 2020, enhanced PINAKA rocket, developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has been successfully flight tested from Integrated Test Range, Chandipur off the coast of Odisha.
– A total of six rockets were launched in quick succession and the tests met complete mission objectives.
– Development of Enhanced Pinaka system was taken up to achieve longer range performance compared to an earlier design with a reduced length.
– It is designed and developed by Pune based DRDO laboratories, namely Armament Research and Development Establishment, ARDE and High Energy Materials Research Laboratory, HEMRL.
4. Guidelines on Television Rating Agencies in India
– Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has constituted a committee to review “Guidelines on Television Rating Agencies in India” notified by the Ministry in 2014.
– The present guidelines issued by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) on Television Rating Agencies in India were notified after detailed deliberations by the Parliamentary Committee, Committee on Television Rating Points (TRP) constituted by the MIB and recommendations of Telecom Regulatory Authority etc.
The Terms of Reference for the Committee are:
– Study past recommendations made by various forums on the subject of television rating systems in India and matter incidental thereto.
– Study recent recommendations of Telecom Regulatory Authority on the subject.
– Suggest steps for enhancing competition in the sector.
– Review of the presently notified guidelines to see if the intended purpose(s) of issuing the guidelines have stood the test of time and has met needs of various stakeholders involve The lacunae, if any, shall be specially addressed by the Committee;
– Any issues related or incidental to the subject.
– To make recommendations on way forward for a robust, transparent and accountable rating system in India; and
– Any other related issues assigned by MIB from time to time.
– The Committee can invite any expert as a special invitee. The Committee will submit its report to the Minister for Information & Broadcasting within two months.
5. Project Lion
– Under Project Lion, 6 new sites apart from the Kuno-Palpur Wildlife Sanctuary were identified.
It was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 15 August, 2020.
The six new sites are:
– Madhav National Park, Madhya Pradesh.
– Sitamata Wildlife Sanctuary, Rajasthan.
– Mukundra Hills Tiger Reserve, Rajasthan.
– Gandhi Sagar Wildlife Sanctuary, Madhya Pradesh.
– Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary, Rajasthan.
– Jessore-Balaram Ambaji WLS and adjoining landscape, Gujarat.
6. Cold Wave
– There are cold wave conditions over Delhi, as per the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
About Cold Wave
– Within 24 hours, a rapid fall in temperature due to which protection is required to agriculture, industry, commerce and social activities.
– When the minimum temperature is 10 degrees Celsius or below then in plains, a cold wave is declared and is 4.5 degree Celsius (C) less than normal for two consecutive days.
– The threshold value of a minimum temperature of 10 degree Celsius is rarely reached for coastal stations.
Adda247 Launching – Aarambh IAS On 5th November 2020 Only on UPSC/State PSC Adda247 Channel Click Here