Daily news will speed up the preparation for the Civil Services Examination and it also plays a crucial role to grasp the current affairs topic comprehensively. Here we have covered most of the topics related to various categories including National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, and so on.
1. General Insurance Business of Bharti AXA
– Under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002, the Competition Commission of India (CCI) approves acquisition of General Insurance Business of Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Limited (Bharti AXA) by ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited (ICICI Lombard).
About ICICI Lombard
– It is a general insurance company registered with the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI).
– It is engaged in providing a comprehensive and well-diversified range of general insurance products, including motor, health, fire, personal accident, marine, engineering and liability insurance, through multiple distribution channels.
About Bharti AXA
It is a general insurance company registered with the IRDAI and is a joint venture held by Bharti General Ventures Private Limited (51%) and Societe Beaujon (49%). It is engaged in providing general insurance products, including motor, health, travel, crop and home insurance to its customers.
Pursuant to the proposed combination, the whole general insurance business of Bharti AXA would be transferred by way of a demerger to ICICI Lombard in consideration of issuance of shares by ICICI Lombard to Bharti AXA.
2. Special Cover of Department of Posts
– Dr. Harsh Vardhan and Shri Sanjay Dhotre release Special Cover of Department of Posts to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of Department of Science &Technology.
– Dr Harsh Vardhan highlights Prime Minister’s call for “Scientific Social Responsibility”.
– He further stated that “Our scientists have proved their mettle in altogether fields of science at an international level”.
– Shri Sanjay Dhotre calls upon the S & T Department to “closely collaborate with the Department of Posts to make it more dynamic to deliver services in near real-time to benefit people”. He also said that “Our scientists have contributed a Lion’s share in India’s development”.
– The 24th edition of the MALABAR naval exercise is scheduled in two phases in November 2020.
– Phase 1 of the Exercise MALABAR 20 involving participation by Indian Navy (IN), United States Navy (USN), Japan Maritime Self Defence Force (JMSDF), and Royal Australian Navy (RAN) is set to commence off Visakhapatnam in the Bay of Bengal from 03 to 06 November 2020.
– Phase-1 of MALABAR 20 will witness the participation of Indian Navy units with United States Ship (USS) John S McCain (Guided-missile destroyer), Her Majesty’s Australian Ship (HMAS) Ballarat (long-range frigates) with integral MH-60 helicopter, and Japan Maritime Self Defence Ship (JMSDF) Onami (Destroyer) with integral SH-60 helicopter.
– The Indian Navy participation in Phase 1 are going to be led by Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet Rear Admiral Sanjay Vatsayan.
– Phase 2 of MALABAR 20 is scheduled to be conducted within the Arabian Sea in mid-November 2020.
About MALABAR series
MALABAR series of maritime exercises commenced in 1992 as a bilateral IN-USN exercise. JMSDF joined MALABAR in 2015. The 2020 edition will now witness the participation of the RAN during this joint maritime exercise.
4. SAI Regional Centre
– Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Kiren Rijiju virtually inaugurated Sports Authority of India’s (SAI) new Regional Centre in Zirakpur, Punjab.
– It will now act as one of the main SAI centres for the northern belt of India.
– The Zirakpur Regional Centre’s administrative block has been built by the Central Public Works Department (CPWD) and a number of other sporting facilities are going to be added soon.
5. NFAI and FFSI Conducts Online Film Appreciation Course in Marathi
– National Film Archive of India, Pune, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting is organising 15th edition of Film Appreciation Course in Marathi along with Federation of Film Society of India (FFSI).
– As per the current situation of COVID=19 pandemic, the course is to be held online for the first time from November 1 to November 7.
– Renowned film and theatre artist Dr Mohan Agashe inaugurated the Online Film Appreciation Course in Marathi “Chitrapat Rasaswad Shibir” at NFAI.
– This unique film course in Marathi focuses on the importance of knowledge of film language and grammar. It includes expert lectures on cinema in-depth, history, theories and discussion on cinema.
– The course features lectures by prolific film personalities like Samar Nakhate, Deepak Deodhar, Suhas Kirloskar, Abhijit Deshpande, Anupam Barve, Umesh Kulkarni, Shyamla Vanarse, Ganesh Matkari, Ujwal Nigudkar, Abhijit Randive, Rahul Ranade, Sudhir Nandgaonkar and Prakash Magdum.
6. Typhoon Goni
– Typhoon Rolly or Goni has hit the Philippines.
– Hurricanes occur in the North Atlantic Ocean and Northeast Pacific.
– If the same type of disturbance takes place in the Northwest Pacific Ocean then it is known as a typhoon.
– And if in the South Pacific and the Indian Ocean then it is known as a cyclone.
Adda247 Launching – Aarambh IAS On 5th November 2020 Only on UPSC/State PSC Adda247 Channel Click Here