Daily news will speed up the preparation for the Civil Services Examination and it also plays a crucial role to grasp the current affairs topic comprehensively. Here we have covered most of the topics related to various categories including National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, and so on.
1. The India-Denmark Virtual Bilateral Summit
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Denmark Ms. Mette Frederiksen have co-chaired a virtual summit between India and Denmark. Both the leaders held an in-depth exchange of views in a warm and friendly atmosphere on bilateral relations.
The two Prime Ministers will join hand on the issues like:
- Global challenges and solutions on green energy transition and climate change.
- Holding regular consultations and dialogue on climate change and renewable energy at various levels.
- Working towards further expanding and strengthening the existing Government-to-Government cooperation on environment/water and circular economy.
- Strengthening bilateral cooperation in sustainable urban development, including in smart cities through the Urban Living Lab in Goa.
- Developing partnerships between Governments, institutions and businesses of the two countries with special focus on green and climate-friendly technologies.
- Fostering deeper and closer cooperation between authorities, businesses and research institutions in the sectors of food processing and food safety, as well as animal husbandry and dairying.
- Emphasising the potential and their common desire to strengthen the dialogue and cooperation in the health sector.
- Both sides agreed to examine the possibilities for labour mobility, as well as to consider ease of travel between the two countries to facilitate greater people-to-people interaction and strengthen cooperation in the tourism sector.
- Six Mega Projects in Uttarakhand under the Namami Gange Mission
Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has been inaugurated six mega projects in Uttarakhand under the Namami Gange Mission.
They are as:
- The projects include the construction of a 68 MLD STP, up-gradation of the existing 27 MLD at Jagjeetpur, in Haridwar and construction of an 18 MLD STP at Sarai, in Haridwar. The inauguration of 68 MLD Jagjeetpur project also marks the completion of the first sewerage project taken up on hybrid annuity mode of PPP.
- There are 26 MLD STP at Lakkadghat in Rishikesh.
- There are7.5 MLD STP at Chandreshwar Nagar in Muni ki Reti town, the 7.5 MLD STP will be the first 4 storied Sewage Treatment Plant in the country where the limitation of land availability was converted into an opportunity.
- The Prime Minister shall also inaugurate a 5 MLD STP at Chorpani, and two STPs with capacities of 1 MLD and 0.01 MLD at Badrinath.
- The Prime Minister will also inaugurate “Ganga Avalokan”, the first museum on Ganga dedicated to showcase the culture, biodiversity and rejuvenation activities done in Ganga river. The museum is located at Chandi Ghat, Haridwar.
- A book, ‘Rowing down the Ganges’, co-published by National Mission for Clean Ganga & Wildlife Institute of India will be launched at the event.
- The logo of Jal Jeevan Mission and ‘Margdarshika for Gram Panchayats and Paani Samitis under Jal Jeevan Mission’ will also be unveiled by Prime Minister.
- Vaccine Web portal
- Harsh Vardhan unveils ICMR’s History Timeline and launches Vaccine Web portal, National Clinical Registry of COVID-19 and Mobile Stroke Unit.
- Harsh Vardhan unveiled the history timeline of ICMR depicting 108-year journey of India’s premier Research Council since the day of its inception in 1911 when it used to be known as Indian Research Fund Association (IRFA).
- The timeline captures policy and program interventions by ICMR and its institutes to control diseases and its pioneering work in the fields of maternal and child health, HIV, cancer and nutrition, among others.
- Armenia-Azerbaijan Conflict
- Recently, a territorial dispute between Armenia and Azerbaijan over the Nagorno-Karabakh region has re-erupted with heavy clashes.
Reasons for Dispute are:
- Territorial: Nagorno-Karabakh region has 95% of the population as ethnically Armenian and is controlled by them but it is internationally recognised as part of Azerbaijan.
- Religious: Armenia is a Christian majority, while Azerbaijan is a Muslim majority country.
- Domestic Politics: The leaders of both nations have fueled the issue time and again for their vested political interests.
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize
- Dr Abhijit Mukherjee, Associate Professor, Deptt. of Geology & Geophysics, IIT Kharagpur Selected for ‘Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar’ Prize.
- The award is named after the founder Director of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), the late Dr (Sir) Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar and is known as the ‘Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar (SSB) Prize for Science and Technology’.
- The Prize is given each year for outstanding contributions to science and technology.
- Sandalwood Spike Disease (SSD)
- India’s sandalwood trees are facing a serious threat with the return of the destructive Sandalwood Spike Disease (SSD).
- The infection has resurfaced in Karnataka and Kerala.
- The present rapid spread of the infection is largely due to restrictions on green felling in forests, which has allowed vectors to spread the disease to healthy trees.
- The disease is caused by phytoplasma bacterial parasites of plant tissues which are transmitted by insect vectors.
- The disease was first reported in Kodagu in 1899.
Participate in UPSC Prelims free all India mock exam & Check where you stand before the actual exam. Face the fear on Gandhi Jayanti and win the actual battle on 4th Oct: Register Now