Daily Important News will speed up the preparation for the Civil Services Examination and it also plays a crucial role to grasp the current affairs topic comprehensively. Here we have covered most of the topics related to various categories including National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, and so on.
1. Agreements Between India-Bahrain
– India and Bahrain have recently agreed to further strengthen their historic ties like in areas if defence and maritime security.
– Bahrain signed the Abraham Accord with Israel and is a member of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and the UAE, which was mediated by the USA.
– The bilateral issues, as well as regional and global matters of mutual interest, included areas of defence and maritime security, space technology, trade and investment, infrastructure, IT, FinTech, health, hydrocarbon and renewable energy.
– Discussed to strengthen their COVID-19 related cooperation.
– India provided help to Bahrain during the pandemic via supplying medicines, medical equipment and medical professionals.
– Also expressed satisfaction regarding the operationalisation of the Air Bubble arrangement between the two countries.
– An invitation is renewed to Bahrain by India for the 3rd India-Bahrain High Joint Commission meeting that will be held in the upcoming months in India.
– India also conveyed condolences on the demise of late Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, who significantly contributed to the strengthening of India-Bahrain relations and to the welfare of the Indian community in Bahrain.
2. Protest Against Bru Resettlement
– Parts of north Tripura have witnessed violent protests recently over the proposed resettlement of Bru tribals.
About Bru or Reang
– It is a community indigenous to Northeast India. They live mostly in Tripura, Mizoram and Assam. They are recognised in Tripura as a Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Group.
– They have been targeted by groups in Mizoram as they do not consider them indigenous to the state.
– Due to ethnic clashes in 1997, about 37,000 Brus fled Mamit, Kolasib and Lunglei districts of Mizoram and were accommodated in relief camps in Tripura.
– Since then, 5,000 have returned to Mizoram in eight phases of repatriation.
– Also, 32,000 still live in six relief camps in North Tripura.
– A quadrilateral agreement was signed by the Centre, the two-state governments and Bru representatives in January 2020 in which they allowed the remaining 32,000 to permanently settle in Tripura.
Know about Unicef Report on Corona: Click Here
3. Speaker of the Lok Sabha
– Vijay Kumar Sinha is Bihar Assembly Speaker.
– Speaker is the chairman or the Presiding Officer of Lok Sabha. Elected from all other members by a simple majority.
– In the Order of Precedence of Government of India, the Speaker of Lok Sabha comes at sixth position.
– Speaker of Lok Sabha is basically the head of the house and presides over the sittings of Parliament and controls its working.
– It is the Speaker who decides the agenda of various discussions.
4. Essential Services Maintenance Act
– The Essential Services Maintenance Act has been extended by the Uttar Pradesh government in the State further banning strikes in all the departments and corporations under it for a period of another six months.
– The Essential Services Maintenance Act (ESMA) is an act of Parliament of India.
– Its objective was to establish and to ensure the delivery of certain services. If it obstructed would affect the normal life of the people.
– These include services like public transport (bus services), health services (doctors and hospitals).
– ESMA gives police right to arrest without a warrant anybody violating the Act’s provisions.
5. Mega Food Park
– In Punjab, a Megha Food Park is inaugurated.
About Mega Food Parks scheme
– Mega Food Park Scheme is being implemented by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries in the country since 2008.
– The aim of the scheme is to provide a mechanism to link agricultural production to the market by bringing together farmers, processors and retailers.
– These food parks will provide a boost to the food processing sector add value and reduce the wastage of food at each stage of the supply chain with a particular focus on perishables.
To know about National Newborn Week 2020: Click Here
6. MQ-9B Sea Guardian unarmed drones
– Two MQ-9B Sea Guardian unarmed drones have been inducted by the Indian Army procured from the U.S on lease.
– The drone has a maximum endurance of 40 hours and a maximum flying altitude of 40,000 feet.
– It has a 3600 maritime surveillance radar and an optional multimode maritime surface search radar.
– AUSINDEX is a bilateral India-Australia naval exercise and France is keen to join it.
– AUSINDEX is Australia India Exercise that is it is a bilateral maritime exercise between the Indian Navy and Royal Australian Navy.
In Detail about CBI: Click Here