Daily news will speed up the preparation for the Civil Services Examination and it also plays a crucial role to grasp the current affairs topic comprehensively. Here we have covered most of the topics related to various categories including National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, and so on.
1. MOU signed between NeGD and CSC E-Governance Services India Limited
- The National e-Governance Division (NeGD), Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY) has signed an MOU with CSC (Common Service Center) e-Governance Services India Limited on August 26, 2020 to facilitate the delivery of UMANG services at CSCs, in an assisted mode, thereby making services on UMANG app available to citizens through the network of3.75 lakh CSCs.
- Its main objective to realise Digital India’s vision of “Power to Empower” and to enable Digital Inclusion across the length and breadth of India.
- UMANG was developed by National e-Governance Division (NeGD), Ministry of Electronics & IT in 2017. The aim to develop UMANG has been to facilitate ease of access to major Government services for citizens from a single mobile app.
- New circles of Archaeological Survey of India
- The Ministry of Culture has announced 7 new circles of Archaeological Survey of India to facilitate and strengthen the process of preservation and registration of archaeological monuments along with registration of artefacts with a self declaration.
- The new circles have been created in Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, West Bengal and Gujarat. Trichy, Raiganj, Rajkot, Jabalpur, Jhansi & Meerut have been currently announced as new circles.
- Hampi Mini Circle has been converted into a full-fledged circle because the Hampi city in Karnataka is a place of international repute.
- Earlier there were 29 ASI circles across the country.
- Tau Investment acquires shares in J B Chemicals
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the proposal of Tau Investment to acquire shares in J B Chemicals.
- The proposed combination would have envisaged the acquisition of up to 64.90% of the share capital of J B Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Limited by Tau Investment Holdings Pte. Ltd. (Tau Investment). Tau Investment is incorporated in Singapore. It is an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of KKR Asian Fund III L.P.
- J B Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Limited is an Indian pharmaceutical company. Its headquarters is located in Mumbai. It is listed on BSE Limited and therefore the National Stock Exchange of India Limited.
- Interest on delayed payment of GST
- As per the decision taken in the 39th Meeting of GST Council, the Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs (CBIC) clarified that the Central Tax dated 25th August 2020 that was related to interest on delayed payment of GST has been issued prospectively due to certain technical limitations.
- CBIC has assured that no recoveries shall be made for the past period as well by the Central and State tax administration.
- This will ensure full relief to the taxpayers as decided by the GST Council. It will come in to effect from 1st September 2020.
- A cultural bond between Goa and Jharkhand
- Under ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’ Mission, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting organised a webinar on ‘Weaving Cultural Threads: Goa and Jharkhand’.
- This cultural bond between sandy beaches of Goa and dense forests of Jharkhand.organised by Regional Outreach Bureau (Maharashtra, Goa & Jharkhand) together with the Press Information Bureau (Goa & Ranchi). The webinar focused on the diverse cultural heritage of these states with eminent speakers from both these states.
6.( INS) Viraat will be scrapped
- Indian Naval Ship (INS) Viraat will be scrapped at a ship-breaking yard at Alang in Gujarat. The decision to scrap INS Viraat was taken in 2019. INS Viraat holds the Guinness World Record for being the longest-serving warship of the world.
- Viraat, a Centaur class aircraft carrier weighing 27,800 tonnes, served in the British Navy as HMS Hermes for 25 years from November 1959 to April 1984. In May 1987, it was commissioned into the Indian Navy after refurbishment.
- The Centaur class of aircraft carriers of the Royal Navy was the last of the light fleet carrier designs. They were started during the closing years of World War II (1939-45).
- Warli Painting
- National Fertilizers Limited (NFL) a PSU under the Department of Fertilizers has displayed Maharashtra’s famous Warli painting on the outer walls of its Corporate Office in Noida to promote Indian folk art.
- The Warlis or Varlis are an indigenous tribe or Adivasis. They live in Mountainous as well as coastal areas of Maharashtra-Gujarat border and surrounding areas.
- An unwritten Varli language is spoken by them which belong to the southern zone of the Indo-Aryan languages.