Daily Important News will speed up the preparation for the Civil Services Examination and it also plays a crucial role to grasp the current affairs topic comprehensively. Here we have covered most of the topics related to various categories including National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, and so on.
1. Joint Trade Committee Meeting between India and Myanmar
– The 7th Joint Trade Committee Meeting between India and Myanmar was held through virtual mode on 24th November 2020.
– The Meeting was co-chaired by Dr. Than Myint, Union Minister for Ministry of Commerce, Myanmar and Shri Piyush Goyal, Commerce and Industry Minister of India.
– Both sides reviewed various bilateral issues ranging from trade, investment, banking, connectivity, capacity building and up-gradation of border infrastructure.
– They also reviewed their preparedness to meet the COVID-19 challenges and expanding cooperation in pharma and health sector including traditional medicines.
2. Sahakar Pragya
– Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Rural Development, Panchayat Raj and Food Processing Industries, Narendra Singh Tomar unveiled Sahakar Pragya.
– The 45 new training modules of Sahakar Pragya of the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) will impart training to primary cooperative societies in rural areas of the country along with Lakshmanrao Inamdar National Cooperative Research and Development Academy (Linac).
– Sahakar Pragya embodies enhancing NCDC’s training capacity by 18 fold through an elaborate network of 18 Regional Training Centres across the country by the dedicated, Laxmanrao Inamdar National Academy for Cooperative Research and Development (LINAC) set up and fully funded by NCDC.
– Sahakar Pragya is the latest in the series of farmer-focused steps by NCDC.
– These 45 training modules of Sahakar Pragya to be delivered at LINAC and its countrywide network of Regional Training Centres will address the need for training of Primary cooperatives, FPO-Cooperatives and Self Help Groups federating.
To know about UNESCO Global Geopark: Click Here
3. RE-Invest 2020
– Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the virtual 3rd Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo (RE-Invest 2020), on 26 November 2020 at 5:30 PM.
– The summit is organised by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy and will be held from 26 – 28 November 2020.
About RE-Invest 2020
-The theme for RE-Invest 2020 is ‘Innovations for Sustainable Energy Transition’.
– It will feature a 3-day conference on renewables and future energy choices, and an exhibition of manufacturers, developers, investors and innovators.
– It is expected to be attended by over 75 international Ministerial delegations, over 1000 global industry leaders, and 50,000 delegates.
– It aims to accelerate the worldwide effort to scale up development and deployment of renewable energy and connect the global investment community with Indian energy stakeholders.
4. New Chinese Village in Bhutan
– Chinese media has recently claimed that a new border village built by China near Bhutan was on Chinese territory.
– The village that has been newly built is Pangda and Yadong county authorities of Southwest China’s Tibet Autonomous Region have confirmed that 27 households with 124 people voluntarily moved from Shangdui village to Pangda village in September 2020.
– Since 2017, it is for the first time that a Chinese residential area has been noticed near the Doklam region. It is strategically important for India.
– Pangda is east of the India-Bhutan-China trijunction on the Doklam plateau.
– It was the site of a 72-day stand-off in 2017 triggered by China’s road-building up to where it sees its border.
– However, Bhutan officially denied the presence of any Chinese village in its territory.
5. Copernicus Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich satellite
– Recently, Copernicus Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich satellite was launched from the Vandenberg Air Force base in California aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket.
– Sentinel-6-Satellite is a part of the mission dedicated to measuring changes in the global sea level. The mission is known as the Jason Continuity of Service (Jason-CS) mission.
– The objective of the mission is to measure the height of the ocean, which is a key component in understanding how the Earth’s climate is changing.
– The objective of the mission is to To measure the height of the ocean, which is a key component in understanding how the Earth’s climate is changing.
– It consists of two satellites, Sentinel-6 and the other, called Sentinel-6B, to be launched in 2025.
– The mission is a Joint Collaboration of the European Space Agency (ESA), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (Eumetsat), the USA’s National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the European Union (EU), with contributions from France’s National Centre for Space Studies (CNES).
6. UMANG International
– An international version of the government’s UMANG app has been launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, in coordination with the Ministry of External Affairs.
– The international version of UMANG app is known as ‘UMANG International’. It was launched to mark three years of UMANG (UMANG App was launched in 2017).
– The international version is for selected countries namely USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE, Netherlands, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.
– It will help Indian international students, NRIs and Indian tourists abroad, to avail Government of India services, anytime.
– It will also help in taking India to the world through ‘Indian Culture’ services available on UMANG. It also creates interest amongst foreign tourists to visit India.