Daily news will speed up the preparation for the Civil Services Examination and it also plays a crucial role to grasp the current affairs topic comprehensively. Here we have covered most of the topics related to various categories including National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, and so on.
1. Construction of LILO of Kishenganj-Darbhanga 400kV Transmission Line
– Shri R. K. Singh, the Union Minister of State(I/C) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, laid the foundation stone for construction of LILO of Kishenganj-Darbhanga 400kV Transmission Line at Saharsa in Bihar through a virtual event.
– The project to improve the power scenario of the Saharsaalong with Supaul, Khagaria and Begusarai districts.
– The execution agency for the ₹ 100 crores worth project is POWERGRID Ltd., a central PSU under the Ministry of Power.
2. Three key projects related to the Petroleum sector in Bihar
– Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation three key projects related to the Petroleum sector in Bihar.
– The projects include the Durgapur-Banka section of the Paradip-Haldia-Durgapur Pipeline Augmentation Project and two LPG Bottling Plants.
– They have been commissioned by IndianOil and HPCL, PSUs under the aegis of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
– The Durgapur-Banka section (about 200 km) is an important gas pipeline project for which PM Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone about one and a half years ago.
3. ‘Grih Pravesham’
– Prime Minister’s address at ‘Grih Pravesham’ and inauguration of 1.75 lakh houses built under Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin at Madhya Pradesh on 12 September, 2020.
– It is a major step to give pucca houses to every homeless person in the country.
– This programme is also a moment which reinforces the hopes of the homeless in the country. Those who don’t have their own house, one day they will also have their own house, their dreams will also be realized.
4. IPFT develops new “Disinfectant Sprays”
– Institute of Pesticide Formulation Technology- IPFT an autonomous Institution under the Department of Chemicals & Petrochemicals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers has successfully developed two new technologies namely “Disinfectant spray for surface application” and “Disinfectant spray for Vegetables & fruits.”
– IPFT has developed; alcohol-based “Disinfectant Spray” for the surface applications containing botanical anti-microbial which may be effective in prevention from various diseases caused by microbes, bacteria and virus.
– The formulation is volatile and evaporates quickly after disinfecting the surface and does not leave any stains, odour and residue etc.
– IPFT has also developed Disinfectant Spray to remove pesticide residues leftover on the surface of fruits and vegetables.
– To make fruits and vegetables 100 percent safe for human consumption IPFT has developed a water-based formulation. The decontamination procedure using the formulation is simple; vegetables or fruits are soaked in the diluted solution of this formulation for15-20 minutes thereafter rinsed with fresh water. This simple procedure makes fruits and vegetables totally pesticide-free.
– IPFT was Established in May 1991 under the Department of Chemicals & Petrochemicals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers as an Autonomous Institution. Institute has been working towards the development of safer, efficient and environment-friendly pesticide formulations.
5. Paresh Rawal as new Chairman of National School of Drama Society
– Veteran Actor Paresh Rawal has been appointed as Chairman of National School of Drama Society by President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind.
– Mr. Paresh Rawal has been appointed to the post of Chairman, NSD Society for four years.
– Mr. Rawal is an actor par excellence in both Theatre and Film. Its been almost four decades of him serving the film and theatre industry for which he has won numerous awards, including the prestigious National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor in 1994.
– In 2014, he was conferred with the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award in India, for his contribution to the entertainment industry. He also served as a former member of Parliament.
– Established in 1959, the National School of Drama is an autonomous organization, fully financed by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India. One of the foremost theatre training institutions in the world, NSD had it’s inception under the aegis of the Sangeet Natak Akademi and became an independent entity in 1975.
– It offers a 3-year, full-time, residential training program in various aspects of theatre.
6. India, China agree on a 5-point action plan
– India and China have agreed on a five-point course of action to disengage and reduce tensions along the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
– The five-point plan is:
1. Following the consensus between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Xi Jinping to “not allow differences to become disputes”.
2. Disengaging quickly to ease tensions.
3. Abiding by the existing India-China border protocols and avoiding escalatory action.
4. Continuing the dialogue between the Special Representatives, National Security Adviser Ajit Doval and Mr. Wang, as well as the other mechanisms.
5. Working towards new confidence-building measures (CBMs).
7. Jammu and Kashmir Integrated Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (JK-IGRAMS)
– Launched on a pilot basis for Jammu, Srinagar, and Reasi districts.
– The system will replace the current portal launched by the government in 2018.
– This is the first UT that will be linked to the central government system—CPGRAMS.
– Deputy Commissioners have been placed at the primary level for receiving, disposing of and monitoring grievances, the J&K administration.
– All SPs and DCs will be made available at designated times five days a week. They will be available in their offices and anyone can go and meet them.
– Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) developed by National Informatics Centre (Ministry of Electronics & IT [MeitY]), in association with Directorate of Public Grievances (DPG) and Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG).