Daily Important News will speed up the preparation for the Civil Services Examination and it also plays a crucial role to grasp the current affairs topic comprehensively. Here we have covered most of the topics related to various categories including National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, and so on.
1. Army to begin recruitment rally
– Army recruitment rally under Unit Headquarters Quota will be held at AOC Centre, Secunderabad from 18 January 2021 to 28 February 2021 for enrolment of Soldier Tech (AE), Soldier General Duty, Soldier Tradesmen, Outstanding Sportsmen (Open Category).
– For sports trial, outstanding Sportsmen (Open Category) are required to report at Thapar Stadium, AOC Centre Secunderabad on 15 January 2021.
– Outstanding sportsmen who have represented in the field of Boxing, Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Handball, Hockey, Swimming, Wrestling, Athletics and Kabbadi can participate along with their certificates of National or International competitions either at a senior or junior level.
– The certificate should not be more than two years old on the date of screening.
– The qualifying age bracket for the Soldier GD category is 17 ½ to 21 Yrs. The qualifying age bracket for Soldier Tech (AT), Sol Clk/SKT & Sol Tdn categories is 17 ½ to 23 Yrs.
2. Aatma Nirbhar Bharat 3.0 Stimulus
– Union Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman has announced 12 key measures, as part of Government of India’s stimulus to the economy, under Aatma Nirbhar Bharat 3.0.
– The net stimulus announced amounts to ₹ 2.65 Lakh crore.
– She told that the total stimulus announced by the Government and Reserve Bank of India till date, to help the nation tide over the COVID-19 pandemic, works out to ₹ 29.87 lakh crore, which is 15% of national GDP. Out of this, a stimulus worth 9% of GDP has been provided by the government.
3. Statue of Swami Vivekananda
– Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a statue of Swami Vivekananda in JNU Campus, New Delhi through video conferencing.
– While addressing the JNU students and the youth of the country, PM expressed his views on the harms of prioritizing ideology over national interest.
– Prime Minister Modi stressed that in this solidarity, no one had to compromise on ideology. There was only one purpose – national interest.
4. Orix Wind SPVs
– The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approves the acquisition of (i) Orix Wind SPVs by Greenko Energy Holdings (GEH) from ORIX Corporation (Orix) and (ii) equity stake in GEH by Orix under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002.
– GEH is the holding company of the Greenko group of companies. The principal business activity of Indian subsidiaries of GEH is owning, developing, constructing and maintaining power generation projects.
Orix is the holding company of the Orix group of companies.
It offers a wide variety of services like corporate financial services (financing, leasing, and solutions for small and medium-size enterprises), maintenance leasing (automobile leasing, rental and car-sharing and IT-related equipment rentals and leasing), real estate, private equity investments, life insurance, banking and credit, asset management, environment and energy services (including power generation).
5. New interface between science and society
– A webinar was organised on the occasion of World Science Day in which Secretary, Department of Science and Technology (DST), Professor Ashutosh Sharma highlighted that a policy on Scientific Social Responsibility (SSR) would be in place in the next few months to create new interfaces between science and society.
– Professor Sharma told about the importance of equity and diversity in science and technology. He also mentioned about the ten different programmes that are run by the DST including CURIE (Consolidation of University Research for Innovation & Excellence in Women Universities) and Vigyan Jyoti to create a level-playing field for women to encourage and help them make inroads into the field of science, technology and innovation.
– On 10 November, World Science Day is celebrated and the theme of this year is “Science for and with Society”.
6. Competition Commission of India (CCI)
– CCI approves transfer of 100% shareholding of Sinochem Group Company Limited (Sinochem) and China National Chemical Corporation Limited (ChemChina) to a new company wholly owned by China State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration (Central SASAC) under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002.
– Sinochem is engaged in a wide variety of businesses globally and is headquartered in China.
In India, Sinochem is directly or indirectly, primarily engaged in the following businesses:
1 Sale of Crude Oil
- Sale of Natural Rubber and Rubber antioxidants
- Sale of a variety of chemicals including agrochemicals like sale of insecticides, herbicides, fungicide, etc.
- Sale of pharma and health products.
– ChemChina is engaged in a wide variety of businesses globally and is headquartered in China.
– In India, ChemChina is mainly engaged in the following businesses:
- Sale of chemical products (including methionine, carbon and silicon products)
- Sale of passenger car tires, bus and truck tires
- Sale of chemical equipment and
- Sale of solar PV modules.
Adda247 Launching – Aarambh IAS On 5th November 2020 Only on UPSC/State PSC Adda247 Channel Click Here