Daily news will speed up the preparation for the Civil Services Examination and it also plays a crucial role to grasp the current affairs topic comprehensively. Here we have covered most of the topics related to various categories including National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, and so on.
1. Commemorative coin of Rs.100 denomination
– In honour of SmtVijayaRajeScindia, Prime Minister Narendra Modi releases a commemorative coin of Rs 100 on 12th October, 2020.
– Smt Vijaya Raje Scindia is popularly known as the Rajmata of Gwalior.
– The coin is being released in celebration of birth centenary of Vijaya Raje Scindia.
2. Bharatmala Pariyojana
– A total of 322 projects in a length of 12,413 Km have been awarded under Bharatmala Pariyojana till August, 2020.
– Also, 2921 Km has been constructed under the Project till the same date.
About Bharatmala Pariyojana
– Bharatmala Pariyojana is an umbrella program for the highways sector.
– It focuses on optimizing the efficiency of freight and passenger movement across the country by bridging critical infrastructure gaps through effective interventions including the development of Economic Corridors, Inter Corridors and Feeder Routes, National Corridor Efficiency Improvement, Border and International connectivity roads, Coastal and Port connectivity roads and Green-field expressways.
3. National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR)
– The response has been sought by the Supreme Court from the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR).
– This has been done to its request to eight States to “produce” children living in care homes before the local child welfare committees for their “immediate repatriation” with their families.
– During the pandemic, The Supreme court is suo motu monitoring the welfare of children placed in care homes.
– In this regard, The NCPCR reportedly wrote to Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Mizoram, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra and Meghalaya.
– These States together have 1.84 lakh children in care homes which accounts for over 70% of the children in care homes.
– It is explained by the NCPCR about the need for a child to grow up in a familial environment.
4. First ever Virtual India International Jewellery Show
– First-ever Virtual India International Jewellery Show held on 12 October, 2020.
– It has been organised by The Gem and Jewellery Export Promotion Council of India (GJEPC).
– Near about 350+ exhibitors showcasing their exquisite jewellery collections to over 10000+ visitors registered at the show.
– Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Railways, Shri Piyush Goyal and Chief Minister of Maharashtra Shri Udhhav Thakre will be addressing at the inaugural ceremony. The ceremony started at 9.30 AM.
5. BRICS Ministerial Summit
– Shri Santosh Gangwar, Minister of State (I/C) for Labour & Employment addresses BRICS Ministerial Summit.
– The Summit calls for framing workplace safety mechanisms.
– The focus was towards maintaining a balance between labour and employer which will generate growth and create more jobs & greater labour welfare.
– BRICS Labour & Employment Ministers’ Virtual Meeting was held under the Russian Presidency.
– Shri Gangwar said safety, health, welfare and improved working conditions are essential for the wellbeing of the workers.
– Shri Gangwar informed the meet that the Parliament of India recently passed the Code on Occupational Safety, Health and Working Conditions, 2020.
– He also referred to various schemes for securing employment and social protection to the people in need. These include the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, the National Livelihood Mission launched with the aim of improving employment opportunities through skill training.
– Referring to Digital economy creating new forms of work like gig work and platform work.
– Further, he also stated that it resulted in new kinds of employment relationships where one worker is engaged with multiple employers thereby bringing complexity in the provision of social protection and other welfare benefits.