Daily Important News will speed up the preparation for the Civil Services Examination and it also plays a crucial role to grasp the current affairs topic comprehensively. Here we have covered most of the topics related to various categories including National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, and so on.
1. Australian Navy Ship HMAS Ballarat
– Australian Navy Ship HMAS Ballarat, a frigate, made a port call at Mormugao Port, Goa on 10 Nov 2020.
– The ship was received by officers from Headquarters Goa Naval Area and the Defence Advisor at the Australian High Commission in India.
– After completing Phase I of quadrilateral Naval Exercise Malabar at Bay of Bengal,
– HMAS Ballarat is proceeding to participate in Phase II of the exercise in Arabian Sea. The ship would be leaving Goa on 13 Nov 2020.
2. Doubling of Railway track
– An online press conference was conducted by the South Western Railway between Castlerock and Vasco Da Gama.
– As per Railway, proposed doubling of the track is in the interest of the public. No new area is being taken for laying Railway line.
– It will not have any additional impact on the environment.
– Maximum care will be taken during the construction of the line. Environment impact assessment study got done by the Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru.
– Tree cutting requirement is very less and will be reduced further. Foot survey will be done for finalizing alignment.
– Ministry of Railways has sanctioned a project of doubling of Railway track between Hospet (Karnataka) and Vasco-da-Gama (Goa) (342 km) in the year 2010-11 at a cost of Rs.2127Cr.
– The project has since been nearly completed in the state of Karnataka except for 10 Km between Unkal and Hubballi, which is targeted for commissioning by Mar.2021.
– About 7 km track between Madgoan- Majorda in the state of Goa has also been doubled. The remaining stretch of about 90 Km is in the State of Goa, where works are awarded for doubling and are being taken up after ensuring necessary clearances.
– Double line rail connectivity be provided for improving mobility and all-weather rail links in the region. The following advantages have been elaborated.
More number of passenger trains,
Better intrastate connectivity
Boost to trade and commerce among adjoining states
Increased tourist inflow
Augmenting infrastructure at intermediate stations
Relaxing bottlenecks of ghat section operation
Improving passenger amenities at stations
Remodelling yards to deal 24 coaches
3. Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa
– Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed condolences on the passing away of His Royal Highness Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
– He said “My heartfelt condolences on the sad demise of His Royal Highness Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Bahrain. In this moment of grief, our thoughts and prayers are with HM the King of Bahrain, the royal family and the people of Bahrain”.
4. International Financial Services Centres Authority (Banking) Regulations, 2020
– IFSC Authority approves the International Financial Services Centres Authority (Banking) Regulations, 2020.
– The Authority approved the draft banking regulations which paves the way for putting in place the rules for the various aspects of banking operations that would be permissible at the IFSC.
As per mentioned in PIB, the salient aspects of the Banking Regulations are:
– Laying down the requirements for setting up IFSC Banking Units (IBUs)
– Permitting persons resident outside India (having net worth not less than USD 1 Million) to open foreign currency accounts in any freely convertible currency at IFSC Banking Units (IBUs)
– Permitting persons resident in India (having net worth not less than USD 1 Million) to open foreign currency accounts in any freely convertible currency at IFSC Banking Units (IBUs) to undertake any permissible current account or capital account transaction or any combination thereof under the Liberalised Remittance Scheme (LRS) of the Reserve Bank of India.
– Laying down the permissible activities of IBUs including credit enhancement, credit insurance, and sale, purchase of portfolios, engage in factoring and undertake equipment leasing, including aircraft leasing
– Permitting the Authority to determine a business that a Banking Unit may be permitted to conduct in INR with persons resident in India and persons resident outside India, subject to settlement of the financial transaction in relation to such business in freely convertible foreign currency.
5. National Seminar on Ancient Indian Education system
– Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ inaugurated a two-day National Seminar on Ancient Indian Education system organised by NITTTR, Kolkata.
– The programme was organised on the occasion of Maulana Azad’s birth anniversary, celebrated as National Education Day.
– Vice-Chairman of UGC, Shri Bhushan Patwardhan, Director NITTTR, Kolkata, Prof. Debi Prasad Mishra, Chairman BOG, NITTTR, Kolkata, Shri Harshavardhan Neotia were also present on the occasion.
– Shri Patwardhan highlighted the importance of the seminar calling it the need of the hour. He also mentioned about the major initiatives being taken by the UGC to improve the quality of higher education in the country.
Adda247 Launching – Aarambh IAS On 5th November 2020 Only on UPSC/State PSC Adda247 Channel Click Here