Daily news will speed up the preparation for the Civil Services Examination and it also plays a crucial role to grasp the current affairs topic comprehensively. Here we have covered most of the topics related to various categories including National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, and so on.
1. PM Matsya Sampada Yojana, e-Gopala App & several initiatives in Bihar
– Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched PM Matsya Sampada Yojana, e-Gopala App & several initiatives linked to studies and research in fisheries production, dairy animal husbandry and agriculture in Bihar. It is the largest programme ever launched for the Fisheries Sector in the country.
– The scheme shall provide new infrastructure, modern equipment and new markets to Fish Producers
– The goal of the scheme is to double the Fish Exports in the next 3 to 4 years. The scheme is launched in 21 States of the country with an investment of Rs 20,000 Crores which would be spent in the next 4-5 Years. And out of this project worth Rs 1700 are being launched recently.
– According to the PM Narendra Modi, the scheme will empower our villages and make India Self-Reliant (AatmaNirbhar Bharat) in the 21st Century.
– Under this scheme, several facilities have been inaugurated in Patna, Purnia, Sitamarhi, Madhepura, Kishanganj and Samastipur.
2. A living legend of statistics Prof C R Rao felicitated on his 100th birthday
– Padma Vibhushan Professor Calyampudi Radhakrishna Rao, the Living legend of statistics, was felicitated on the occasion of his 100th birthday at an online symposium held on 9 September, 2020.
– The felicitation was conferred by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, for Professor Rao’s “path-breaking contributions in the field of statistics, for recognising and facilitating the critical role of data and computing to handle scientific and social challenges, for mentoring inspiring and nurturing generations of students and researchers and for developing world-class statistical infrastructure in India”.
– His work not only influenced statistics, but has had far-reaching implications for fields as varied as economics, genetics, anthropology, geology, national planning, demography, biometry, and medicine, continues to contribute to his field as actively today.
3. Keel laid for the third stealth frigate of Project 17A
– On 10 Sep 2020, Vice Admiral S R Sarma-COM & CWP&A of the Indian Navy and Shri V L Kantha Rao Additional Secretary (Defence Production) laid the keel of the third ship (Yard- 12653) of the prestigious P17A class stealth frigates.
– The ceremony was conducted through an e-platform in the presence of Vice Admiral R B Pandit, Chief of Staff, HQWNC and Vice Admiral Narayan Prasad (IN Retd.) – CMD MDL.
– Seven frigates under P17A series will be constructed of which four are being constructed in MDL and three in GRSE with MDL as the lead yard.
– The P17A class frigates are being built using indigenously developed steel and fitted with weapons and sensors alongside the Integrated Platform Management System. These ships are having stealth features.
– Construction of P17A ships differs in the very concept of warship building by way of adoption of the modern technology ‘Integrated Construction (IC)’ where the blocks are pre-outfitted before joining to reduce the build period of warships. When commissioned the platforms will enhance the combat capability of the Indian Naval fleet.
4. Development schemes in Gandhinagar district
– Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah inaugurated and dedicated to the people development schemes in Gandhinagar district and city worth Rs. 15.01 crores via video conferencing on 10 September, 2020.
– He also laid the foundation stone of various developmental projects worth Rs. 119.63 crores.
– Development schemes include Smart City projects, up-gradation of gardens, road widening and new classrooms in Girls School.
– Deputy Chief Minister of Gujarat, Shri Nitin Patel also attended the function via video conferencing from Rupaal village.
– These development projects will give a boost to the development of Gandhinagar.
5. School Education in the 21st Century
– A two-day Conclave on “School Education in 21st Century” organised by Ministry of Education as part of Shikshak Parv 2020 virtually commenced on 10 September, 2020.
– Shikshak Parv is being celebrated from 8th September- 25th September, 2020 to felicitate the Teachers and to take New Education Policy 2020 forward.
– Secretary, Department of School Education and Literacy Smt Anita Karwal inaugurated the Conclave on 10 September, 2020.
– The discussions were held in two technical sessions on six subjects of New Education Policy 2020.
– The first technical session started with a discussion on the subject of ‘Foundational Literacy and Numeracy’ from the perspective of practitioner’s.
– The key speakers in the session were ShriRakesh Gupta, IAS, Nodal Officer-Saksham Haryana; Shri Satinder Kumar Sorat, Principal, Govt. Sr. Secondary School, Faridabad, Haryana and Shri Sarvesh Kumar, Principal, Basti, UP, (Winner of National Awards for Teachers 2018).
– The discussion on the subject ‘Art Integrated and Toy Integrated Pedagogy’ from the perspective of practitioners was held.
– The session was coordinated by Dr. PawanSudhir from NCERT. The two speakers were Ms. Sunitha S. Rao, Principal, Delhi Public School, Secunderabad and DrAnjuKauwrChazot, founder of the Mahatma Gandhi International School (MGIS), Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat.
– The discussion on the subject ‘Early Childhood Care and Education’ also took place.
– The session on ECCE was moderated by Dr. Vinita Kaul, the subject Expert. During the session, two speakers – Mrs. Nisha Sharma, Teacher, Kotkhai, Shimla and Mrs. Kalpana Chaudhry, Principal, N H Goel World School, Raipur spoke about the topic or subject & made their presentations individually.
– The discussion on the subject ‘Teaching in Mother Tongue’ was coordinated by Dr. Shakeela T. Shamsu.
– The discussion on ‘No hard separation’ was coordinated by Prof. Manjul Bhargava.
6. South India’s 1st and country’s 2nd Kisan Train
– The inaugural run of South India’s 1st and country’s 2nd Kisan Rail between Anantapur and New Delhi flagged off.
– The inaugural run of Anantapur – New Delhi Kisan Rail was flagged off through video link by Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmer Welfare, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, and Shri Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
– The programme was presided over by Shri Suresh C. Angadi, Union Minister of State for Railways.
– The Kisan train will run between Anantapur in Guntakal Division of South Central Railway and Adarsh Nagar in Delhi.
– It will help in strengthening the agricultural economy and the state’s popular fruits will now be able to reach other areas in the country easily.
– On 7th August, the first Kisan Rail was flagged off between Devlali in Maharashtra and Danapur in Bihar as a weekly service. Due to increasing demand, later it was made bi-weekly. Now the 2nd Kisan Rail will benefit farmers of the states coming en route.
– AP has 1st rank in the country in the production of tomatoes, coconut, papaya and chillies and is the biggest fruit-producing state in South India.
– It’ll also help within the speedy transportation of farm produce to distant places, in keeping with the goal of doubling farmers’ income. Farmers can now sell their produce wherever they get a better price without spoilage due to the reduction in transportation time. This facility will also help in increasing agricultural exports.