Daily Important News will speed up the preparation for the Civil Services Examination and it also plays a crucial role to grasp the current affairs topic comprehensively. Here we have covered most of the topics related to various categories including National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, and so on.
1. Summit of SCO Council of Heads of State
– 20th Summit of SCO Council of Heads of State was held on 10 November, 2020.
– The Meeting was chaired by the President of the Russian Federation Mr. Vladimir Putin. Prime Minister Narendra Modi led the Indian delegation.
– This was the first SCO Summit held in Virtual Format and third meeting that India participated after becoming a full member in 2017.
– Prime Minister, in his address, highlighted the imperative of a reformed multilateralism to meet the expectation of a world suffering from the social and financial after-effects of the pandemic.
– India, as a non-permanent member of the UNSC, beginning from 1 January 2021, will focus on the theme of ‘reformed multilateralism’ to bring about desirable changes in global governance.
– Prime Minister reiterated India’s firm belief in regional peace, security and prosperity and raising voice against terrorism, smuggling of illegal weapons, drugs and money-laundering.
– He also extended full support to observing the 20th anniversary of SCO in 2021 as the “SCO Year of Culture” and spoke of India’s own initiatives to hold the first SCO exhibition on Shared Buddhist Heritage to be organized by National Museum of India, SCO Food Festival in India next year and the translation of Ten regional language literary works into Russian and Chinese.
– National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Hyderabad celebrated its 14th Foundation Day in a befitting manner on 10 November, 2020.
– On this occasion, Shri V. K. Saraswat, Padma Bhushan, Member, NITI Aayog, Chancellor, JNU & Former DG, DRDO attended as the chief guest.
– Dr. Renu Swarup, Secretary, DBT, Chairperson, BIRAC, was the guest of honour and delivered the message on this occasion.
– NIPER-Hyd has secured 5th position in ‘Pharmacy’ category under the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2020.
– The institute has cemented itself as a centre of excellence for advanced studies and learning in pharmaceutical sciences globally.
– The institute is introducing Medical Devices (M.Tech) as course and it contains topics related to biology, chemistry, mathematics, clinical science and engineering which are essential for developing Medical Devices.
– On this occasion, Institute’s Annual Report 2019-20 was released by the chief guest.
3. National Education Day
– Union Minister of Education Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ virtually inaugurated the National Education Day(RashtriyaShikshaDiwas) programme as the Chief Guest.
– The programme was organised by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay to commemorate the birth anniversary of India’s First Education Minister MaulanaAbulKalam Azad.
– The birth anniversary of MaulanaAbulKalam Azad on 11 November is celebrated as the National Education Day.
– Dr. K. Kasturirangan, Former Chairman, ISRO and Chairman of the committee for drafting the New Education Policy was the Guest of Honor for the occasion.
– Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ highlighted that IIT Bombay is a leading global technological institution that provides transformative education to create leaders and innovators, and generates new knowledge for society and industry.
– The Director Prof.SubhasisChaudhurigave away the IIT Bombay Research Excellence Awards 2019.
4. Office-Cum-Residential Complex of Cuttack Bench
– Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, will inaugurate a state-of-the-art office-cum- residential complex of Income Tax Appellate Tribunal at Cuttack on 11th November, 2020.
– Justice P. P. Bhatt said that the ITAT Cuttack has been functioning from rented premises since 1970 for almost 50 years and has jurisdiction for appeals arising from the State of Odisha.
– So, the inauguration of this Complex will help Cuttack Bench of ITAT in imparting justice to the needy.
– The Cuttack Bench of the ITAT was created and started functioning from 23rd May, 1970.
– The jurisdiction of Cuttack Bench extends to the whole of Odisha.
– The newly-built office-cum-residential complex of ITAT, Cuttack is spread over an area of 1.60 acres of land allotted by the State Government of Odisha free of cost in the year 2015.
– On this occasion, an e-Coffee Table Book on ITAT along with an e-Book on ‘Reforms in Direct Taxes since 2014’, will also be released.
Income Tax Appellate Tribunal, also known as ITAT, is an important statutory body in the field of direct taxes and its orders are accepted as final, on findings of fact.
– It is presently headed by Mr. Justice (Retd) P.P. Bhatt, formerly Judge of the High Court of Jharkhand and High Court of Gujarat.
-ITAT was the first Tribunal to be created on 25th January, 1941. It is also known as ‘Mother Tribunal’.
– Starting with three benches in the year 1941, at Delhi, Bombay and Calcutta it has grown to 63 Benches and two circuit benches spread across thirty cities of India.
– The motto of ITAT is “Nispaksh Sulabh Satvar Nyay”, which means impartial, easy and speedy justice. In its glorious 79 years of existence, ITAT has rendered yeoman service in imparting justice to the litigants, in an inexpensive and expeditious manner free from all technicalities.
5. National Agricultural Education Policy
– The formulating process of the National Agricultural Education Policy was started about two months ago, after the release of the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020.
– The first National Agricultural Education Policy is set to bring academic credit banks and degree programmes with multiple entry and exit options to the 74 universities focussed on crop sciences, fisheries, veterinary and dairy training and research.
– Agricultural Education Policy to be Aligned with NEP 2020
– Academic Credit Banks may be a service provider available to a desirable student community. It may facilitate the integration of the campuses and distributed learning systems, by creating student mobility within the inter and intra university system.
Adda247 Launching – Aarambh IAS On 5th November 2020 Only on UPSC/State PSC Adda247 Channel Click Here