Daily news will speed up the preparation for the Civil Services Examination and it also plays a crucial role to grasp the current affairs topic comprehensively. Here we have covered most of the topics related to various categories including National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, and so on.
1. The SVAMITVA Scheme
– Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the physical distribution of Property Cards under the SVAMITVA Scheme on 11th October through video conferencing.
– The launch will enable around one lakh property holders to download their Property Cards through the SMS link delivered on their mobile phones.
– It would be followed by physical distribution of the Property Cards by the respective State governments.
– These beneficiaries are from 763 villages across six States including 346 from Uttar Pradesh, 221 from Haryana, 100 from Maharashtra, 44 from Madhya Pradesh, 50 from Uttarakhand and 2 from Karnataka.
– Within one day, beneficiaries from all these states except Maharashtra will receive the physical copies of the Property Cards.
– SVAMITVA is a Central Sector Scheme of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj. It was launched by the Prime Minister on National Panchayati Raj Day (24th April 2020).
– The purpose of the scheme is to provide the ‘record of rights’ to village household owners in rural areas and issue Property Cards.
2. New Aqueous Suspension formulation technology
The institute of Pesticide Formulation Technology (IPFT) under the Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers in collaboration with ICAR- National Research Center on Seed Spices (NRCSS), Ajmer, Rajasthan.
– It has successfully developed new Aqueous Suspension formulation technology of bio pesticide based on entomo-pathogenic fungus Verticillium lecanii.
– It controls several insects in seed spice crops like fenugreek, cumin, and coriander. T
– The formulation has good shelf life, safe to user & environment.
– It may be effectively used for controlling different agricultural insects especially in seed spice crops.
3. Indigenous variety of ‘Calcium Nitrate’ & Boronated Calcium Nitrate;
UPSC 2021 Online Coaching Classes | Bilingual GS Foundation Batch
– Union Minister of State for Chemicals & Fertilizers and MoS for Shipping Mansukh Mandaviya launched indigenous variety of Calcium Nitrate’ & Boronated Calcium Nitrate manufactured by Gujrat State Fertilizers and Chemicals -GSFC India Ltd through video Conference.
– For the first time in India, Calcium Nitrate’ & & Boronated Calcium Nitrate is being manufactured. Till now, it was imported from other countries.- GSFC launched these two products in the retail market for the first time from Solan in Himachal Pradesh and Bhavnagar in Gujarat.
– Calcium nitrate is used as a water-soluble fertilizer in agriculture and is also used in wastewater treatment. It is also used to increase the strength of cement concrete.
4. 180th Year of Establishment of Postal Services in Goa
– On the occasion of World Post Day, Goa Postal Division released a Special cover & Special cancellation on “180th Year of Establishment of Postal Services in Goa”, Permanent Pictorial Cancellation on “Basilica of Bom Jesus” and Maximum Card (1st Day Issue) on “Basilica of Bom Jesus” in the hands of Chief Guest, Dr. N. Vinodkumar, Postmaster General, Goa Region, Panaji on 09th October 2020.
– Dr. Sudhir G Jakhere, Sr Supdt. of Post offices, Goa Division, Dr. M. R. Ramesh Kumar, President and Shri. Aslesh Kamat, Secretary, Goa Philatelic and Numismatic Society [GPNS] Goa and Postal Officials were present for the Function held at Tapal Bhavan, Panaji.
– The Special cover and Special cancellation on “180th Year of Establishment of Postal Services in Goa” will be available for sale at Panaji Head Post Office w.e.f. 09.10.2020.
– This Special Cancellation will be available in Copper Cancellation. The sale prize of the Special cover is Rs.30/ each.
– The Permanent Pictorial Cancellation on “Basilica of Bom Jesus” will be provided at Velha Goa Post Office on all articles posted/booked w.e.f. 09.10.2020.
– The Maximum Card (1 st Day Issue) on “Basilica of Bom Jesus” will be available for sale at Panaji Head Post Office w.e.f. 09.10.2020. It consist set of 06 Pictures of Church in a Maximum card for sale price at Rs.180/- each.
5. Goa: Har Ghar Jal State
– Goa becomes first Har Ghar Jal State across the country by providing tap water connection to every rural household as it successfully provides 100% Functional Household Tap Connections (FHTCs) in the rural areas covering 2.30 lakh rural households.
– Harnessing the immense benefits of efficiently utilizing the Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) which aims to improve the quality of life and bring ease- of-living; to rural communities.