Daily news will speed up the preparation for the Civil Services Examination and it also plays a crucial role to grasp the current affairs topic comprehensively. Here we have covered most of the topics related to various categories including National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, and so on.
1. PoS 3.1 Software
– Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers Shri. D.V. Sadananda Gowda has launched POS 3.1 software, SMS Gateway and Home Delivery facility of Funder POS 3.1 version, keeping in view of the prevailing pandemic condition, contactless OTP based authentication option has been introduced.
– Farmer will be able to purchase fertilizer without touching the fingerprint sensor. Fertilizers (RBK) for farmers in Andhra Pradesh.
– Under POS 3.1 version, keeping in view of the prevailing pandemic situation, contactless OTP based authentication option has been introduced and Farmers will be able to purchase fertilizer without touching the fingerprint sensor.
BrahMos Missile Featuring Indigenous Booster Successfully Flight Tested
– BrahMos surface-to-surface supersonic cruise missile featuring indigenous Booster and Airframe Section along with many other ‘Made in India’ sub-systems was successfully flight tested for designated range at 1030 hours today on September 30, 2020 from ITR, Balasore in Odisha. It is one more major step in enhancing the indigenous content.
– The BrahMos Land-Attack Cruise Missile (LACM) was cruising at a top speed of Mach 2.8.
3. Good Samaritans
– The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has published the rules for the protection of Good Samaritans vide GSR 594 (E).
– The rules provide for the Rights of Good Samaritan which include that a Good Samaritan shall have the rights as detailed in the rules and shall be treated respectfully without any discrimination on the grounds of religion, nationality, caste or sex.
– No police officer or any other person shall compel a Good Samaritan to disclose his/her name, identity, address or any such other personal details. However, he may voluntarily choose to disclose the same.
– The Rules also provide that every public and the private hospital shall publish a charter in Hindi, English and vernacular language, at the entrance or other conspicuous location, and on their website, stating the rights of Good Samaritans under the Act and the Rules made thereunder.
4. Six years of Swachh Bharat Mission
– The Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) is celebrating the sixth anniversary of Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban (SBM-U) by organizing a webinar titled ‘Swachhata Ke 6 Saal, Bemisaal’ on 2nd October 2020.
– The Minister will release a compendium and a dynamic GIS portal showcasing innovative practices for effective solid waste management (SWM) practices from across India.
– Alongside, a document on Response of Indian Cities Towards Covid-19: A Sanitation Perspective prepared by NIUA, ‘Frontline Stories of Resilience: India’s Sanitation Champions’ – a collection of inspirational stories of sanitation workers compiled by the National Faecal Sludge and Septage Management (NFSSM) Alliance and a Toolkit for Safety of Sanitation Workers prepared by Urban Management Centre (UMC) will also be released by the Ministry.
5. India and Australia
– India and Australia further Strengthens their Partnership on Skilling Agenda.
– Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) and the High Commission of Australia holds a meeting for Cooperation in Vocational Education and Training.
– The partnership will help foster closer ties between the governments and training providers, and ultimately, open up new areas of opportunity for millions of VET learners in both countries.
6. CSIR Technologies for rural development
– Dr. Harsh Vardhan launches CSIR Technologies for rural development under the joint initiative of IIT Delhi, Unnat Bharat Abhiyan, Vijnana Bharti and CSIR.
– CSIR-NISTADS celebrates its 40th Foundation Day.
The technologies released included:
- Improved bee hive for quality and hygienic extraction of honey, CSIR-IHBT, Palampur.
- Technology for manufacturing of Ginger paste, CSIR-CFTRI, Mysore.
- Dehumidified drier for food and agri products, CSIR-NIIST, Thiruvananthapuram; and
- Technology for agricultural waste (wheat bran, sugarcane bagasse and fruit peels) based biodegradable plates, cups and cutleries, CSIR-NIIST, Thiruvananthapuram.
– CSIR-NISTADS e-Compendium and e-Coffee Table Book also released on the occasion.
Participate in UPSC Prelims free all India mock exam & Check where you stand before the actual exam. Face the fear on Gandhi Jayanti and win the actual battle on 4th Oct: Register Now